Photo
- - - - -

Playstation 3 Slim 160GB $229 at Best Buy (Online/B&M)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...160gb&cp=1&lp=1

Not the best deal, but decent if you're looking to pick up a slim instead of the new superslim before they are gone for good.

#2 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:41 AM

Not bad for those who missed the BF bundle, which I'm surprised if you did given its availability back then

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#3 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'd bite if it was the 320 GB one.

#4 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

even thought i already have a ps3, i am interested to see if the price will go lower than this, especially with the rumor of the ps4

#5 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Not bad for those who missed the BF bundle, which I'm surprised if you did given its availability back then

BF bundle wasn't a Slim.

#6 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I bought one in store yesterday, they ring up at $229. I was thinking about getting a superslim, but I got around to using one. Didn't like the sliding door, or the build quality of it.

#7 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Week before Christmas I went into a BB and saw STACKS of these on the floor. I was shocked bc I really thought most of the inventory for these were gone with it being in limited quantities
Posted Image

#8 NonShalant

NonShalant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

I broke down and got 1. Wanted to get one on Black Friday just didn't have the money at the time. Comes out to 243 after tax

#9 R3DH3R0

R3DH3R0

10 Years and Counting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

Week before Christmas I went into a BB and saw STACKS of these on the floor. I was shocked bc I really thought most of the inventory for these were gone with it being in limited quantities

Yeah a few of my Best Buys had at least 20-30 before Xmas. Yesterday one BB was sold out, the other had 10.

#10 grrouchie

grrouchie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

I have two old Fat PS3's and want to upgrade but just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.
the 500gb AssCreed 3 one is the one I was eyeing up
2013 Spending Tab

2013 Completed Games Tab

Follow me on twitter

Read my blog
That I update too often.

#11 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'd bite if it was the 320 GB one.

Pick this one up and buy a larger (500GB - 1TB) drive for it, problem solved.

#12 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

even thought i already have a ps3, i am interested to see if the price will go lower than this, especially with the rumor of the ps4

Everyone sort of expects the XBox720/PS4 sometime late this year or early next year. But in general, most people think PS4 wont be backwards compatible with PS3 games.

#13 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Wait a minute.. isn't the superslim cheaper? I think I saw one listed for $200 with 250GB, comes with Infamous 1&2 + DLC and Uncharted 1&2 games.

#14 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Wait a minute.. isn't the superslim cheaper? I think I saw one listed for $200 with 250GB, comes with Infamous 1&2 + DLC and Uncharted 1&2 games.

That was the Black Friday price. As far as I know Target and TRU continued selling them at that price but good luck finding one. Best Buy currently has them but they jacked the price back up to $299.99; however I think they put them on sale for $280 last week

#15 WRXKayaker

WRXKayaker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

For anyone looking for a regular slim, it might be worth checking your local Target's clearance. I saw an UC3 320 GB bundle for $210 a few days ago. Definitely, YMMV though.

Currently Playing:   :pc: Batman: Arkham Origins     :ps3: Far Cry 3

Recently Completed:    :pc: Bioshock Infinite   :ps3: GTA V

Steam Profile

#16 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

BF bundle wasn't a Slim.

Well, yeah, but does it matter? Don't they have the exact same functionalities?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#17 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I like the sliding door on the super slim. No chance of a game getting stuck if your system dies.

#18 D0RC

D0RC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

I prefer this model for my set up but it's 2013 so I'll just wait for the new Playstation and hope my phatty makes it. I don't like the slider in the super slim, if that breaks you're SOL.

#19 thebytewasbit

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I like my super slim overall, however I don't like the higher chance of dust getting inside.

#20 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I like my super slim overall, however I don't like the higher chance of dust getting inside.

Cover it with a cloth (preferrably one that matches the color of the room...) when you are not playing, at least that's what I do to my laptops and consoles, works like a charm.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#21 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

There is a pretty general consensus that the regular slim is higher quality than the super slim. I personally would only get a regular slim if I needed one, but I already have one.

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

There is a pretty general consensus that the regular slim is higher quality than the super slim. I personally would only get a regular slim if I needed one, but I already have one.

Oh really? Didn't really follow that story. I thought it was just cosmetic changes.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Oh really? Didn't really follow that story. I thought it was just cosmetic changes.

The main thing is the change from slot loader to top loading disk. The cover of the top loader on the super slim seems to be weak and flimsy and it's spring loaded. I'd guess we'd see a lot of broken covers in the coming months.

I'm sticking with my 80G PS2 comp fat until it dies.

#24 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

i got one of those BF im taking back on sunday... desided i dont need a 4th system
WOOOO I STINK

#25 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Super slim has a slightly lower wattage power supply so hardware isn't identical. I like the sliding cover. Don't have to turn it on or off to get a disc out and it matches my slim ps2 very nicely.

229 for the slim is a great price though.

#26 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

We have the super slim and I like the design. If we ever get a second PS3, I'll get another super slim (unless there's some uber deal on another model).

#27 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

anyone who gets one I HIGHLY reccomend getting a bigger HDD before you start using it to save the hassle, My 160gb HDD is full and I hardly have any games on it, darn PSN+ taking all my space.

#28 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:11 AM

The main thing is the change from slot loader to top loading disk. The cover of the top loader on the super slim seems to be weak and flimsy and it's spring loaded. I'd guess we'd see a lot of broken covers in the coming months.

Plus if you've got your PS3 in a rack, a top loading design is impractical.

Also:
Many anecdotal reports complain that the SS is louder.
And then there's that lovely cheap glossy plastic look. But as the previous post or two indicate, there's no accounting for taste.

I liked the $239 deal with $20 PSN card. Going in the wrong direction, BB.

#29 tekron

tekron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

would i be a fool to buy a ps3 in 2013? I mean, systems are coming

#30 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

would i be a fool to buy a ps3 in 2013? I mean, systems are coming