Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward 34.99 Free Ship Newegg

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Only 5.00 off but based on how scarce this has become I figured I would let others know.

Ordered one myself.
Link

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879335023

#2 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

A gamestop employee let me know that the vita version is oop in thier comps get it while its around

#3 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I don't have a GS within 50 miles that still carries either the Vita or 3DS version. That being said Amazon and Newegg have both had this in stock since release. This is a good price if you didn't preorder it though however I can't imagine Aksys would let this go OOP so I'm sure more are coming.

#4 sterlingice

sterlingice

Former KS Deal Lackey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

If only they would fix the 3DS save bug :(

I loved 999 but I can't commit until that's fixed

SI

#5 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

should i get this version or the 3ds version? i would like it on the 3DS.

#6 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

From reports (not personal experience) the Vita version does not have a save bug and looks slightly better.

#7 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

3DS Version appears to be OOS at Newegg

#8 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Get the vita version. The save bug on the Vita is almost non-existent and allows multiple saves.

Also, you can take screenshots on the Vita. And the graphic looks amazing on the OLED.

#9 deathsaber

deathsaber

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I would just get this now if you are at all interested.

Its all but completely MIA at stores- other than maybe a single copy at odd gamestops...Walmart/Target etc never had it to begin with. Its still orderable at Amazon and New Egg, for for how long?

Soon, it will purely be Ebay fodder, and theres no guarantee a 2nd batch will release like it did with 999 since I don't know if this one found quite as big of a cult audience to justify aksys ordering another batch.

The only plus, is on Vita at least the digital version should be up indefinitely, so if people want to play it, they can, but collectors should get on this NOW.

#10 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

7-1. Haha.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

I think deathsaber just answered my question, but this is definitely available on PSN right? It's nice that it's there, just in case this game does become super hard to find and expensive.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#11 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Still available on amazon. Not that this isn't a deal, but it's not THAT hard to find...

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#12 bcgameguide

bcgameguide

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

If only they would fix the 3DS save bug :(

I loved 999 but I can't commit until that's fixed

SI

Same here. I cannot fathom losing HOURS game time and then having to scroll though the same text screens all over again.
www.battlecreekenquirer.com/gameguide

#13 KarlMarx

KarlMarx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Bought one. Need more Vita games anyways. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#14 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

To the people who have played it, is it worth the money? I never played 999 but it seems interesting enough.

#15 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

http://www.aksysgame...ear-aksys-fans/

This makes me wonder if I should hold off on this...

- StayFree( ' 3')

store coming soon (sample: 1 2 3)

12/5

#16 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

White face? Must own!

#17 Frahps

Frahps

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I decided to bite now on it... Was hoping to get it and missed out when Fry's clearanced them out for $20, since they were already all gone. I'm sure it'll reprint in the future, but since it's already selling out in several places, why not? Been wanting to play it anyways.

#18 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

I would just get this now if you are at all interested.

Its all but completely MIA at stores- other than maybe a single copy at odd gamestops...Walmart/Target etc never had it to begin with. Its still orderable at Amazon and New Egg, for for how long?

Soon, it will purely be Ebay fodder, and theres no guarantee a 2nd batch will release like it did with 999 since I don't know if this one found quite as big of a cult audience to justify aksys ordering another batch.

The only plus, is on Vita at least the digital version should be up indefinitely, so if people want to play it, they can, but collectors should get on this NOW.

Looks like amazon has 999+ copies as of my post...
15 left at newegg

#19 sabanoo

sabanoo

I like pie.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

To the people who have played it, is it worth the money? I never played 999 but it seems interesting enough.

It's definitely worth the money if you enjoy this kind of game. It is entirely a visual novel and puzzles. The story is great.

#20 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

It's definitely worth the money if you enjoy this kind of game. It is entirely a visual novel and puzzles. The story is great.

I love RPGs, I like Professor Layton, and adventure games, and I loved Asura's Wrath, and anything Quantum Dream has done. With that in mind, it sounds like I'd enjoy this one. I might jump if it's still there when I get home.

#21 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

Why can't they just release a newer 3DS version with the bug fixes?

#22 srac84

srac84

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

its been this price for a while i picked it up for this price like 2 months ago, its also the same price on psn if anyone wants it digital.

#23 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

I bought one, I don't like to believe oop fearmongers but it's better than msrp and I've paid more for worse games like Infinite Undiscovery and I also don't feel it's going to get any cheaper for a long while...so that's my reasoning.

It's wiser to wait for the 3ds reprint though, since the cart has cockroaches

#24 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

This game (along with most 3DS titles) are outrageously priced. This should be $20, max.

#25 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Fantastic price for my GOTY last year. Play 999 First though!

That above comment is for you! Do not skip 999 unless you never want to go back and play it. VLR is a direct sequel and will completely spoil the first game and it's great ambiance. I prefer 999 to VLR, but only because 2D > 3D.

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#26 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

Not a game I'd play, but $15 more than Fry's, $19.99 IN STORE:http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Those near a Fry's and Best Buy could try doing a PM.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#27 dallow

dallow

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Scarce?

#28 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:49 PM

Hmmmm...I've been waiting since launch for a B2G1 sale to pick up other Vita/3DS games. Didn't realize the game is scarce.

#29 dallow

dallow

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 AM

Hmmmm...I've been waiting since launch for a B2G1 sale to pick up other Vita/3DS games. Didn't realize the game is scarce.

Lol, it's not.
It's available at pretty much the same retailers that it launched at.

#30 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yeah, it just came out in October 2012 and suddenly it's going out of production after only a few months and it's uncertain whether there will even be a reprint, for a game that has received stellar reviews? And the ps vita has been available for less than a year (the 3ds about 2 years), so there isn't a large installed user base yet, but Aksys is still going to discontinue production now and forgo all that potential future profit?

Sorry that seems hard to believe.

Edited by bruceg, 08 January 2013 - 08:05 AM.