(used) Yakuza 3 $9.99 on gamestop.com

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I think this got converted to used recently, the store inventory is showing no new copies...

http://www.gamestop..../yakuza-3/76648

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

This seems like a great deal, but if I buy it... I might hate myself when they release a Yakuza bundle!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#3 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I'd rather buy new, support Sega and the developers so we can get more of these games. They aren't exactly super mainstream popular :(

#4 neo_anomaly

neo_anomaly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

i'd rather buy new, support sega and the developers so we can get more of these games. They aren't exactly super mainstream popular :(

+1

#5 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

This seems like a great deal, but if I buy it... I might hate myself when they release a Yakuza bundle!

Lol that will never happen And we would know ahead of time if Sega was releasing one in Japan. If they did, which they wouldn't, it would cost more for the bundle than separately compared to what you can get now.

Seriously yakuza isn't that popular here. We'll be lucky if they ever release The hd collection of 1 & 2.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#6 Neuropod

Neuropod

Because, anarchy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Not really relevant, the game is several years old and the OP even said these were probably new copies converted to preowned.

#7 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

the preowned has already been around this price for atleast a few months. if anything, save ur money and buy yakuza 4 new since it fills u in on what happened in 3. problem solved.
and if ur feeling adventurous buy yakuza dead souls.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#8 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Tempting but I'll hold out in case the Yakuza HD Collection gets released in the US.

edit: Oops misread this as being first Yakuza.

#9 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

I hope the HD collection comes out here. I want it so bad!

#10 Paco

Paco

GO TEAM GIRTH!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yakuza 1 and 2 are already translated in English. They added no new storyline. Just add the Japanese voices to 1 and give us 2. I'll buy it at a high price.
If you can't KOF with the best
Than Street Fight With The Rest

#11 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

Yeah , with teh word that they even already have HD versions of Shenmue makes me wonder WTF are they doing ...

#12 headbanger1186

headbanger1186

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yakuza 4 may fill you in but wouldn't you like to experience 3? It's actually not that bad, you just have to be ready to read a lot of dialogue which growing up in the Psone era and playing nothing but RPGs its not a problem. I bought Yakuza 4 for 14.99 new off of newegg a while back and someone posted a link for 12.99 Dead Souls recently so I rounded it all out. Not bad and a lot of gameplay among them all. I'll prolly get the HD collection because even while 3 sums it up in lengthy optional cutscenes and dialogue, there is still this history and past among the characters I want to see and experience. I don't know, to me its kind of like picking up a series like lord of the rings at "The Two Towers" and saying ah there's some stuff about a ring and yadda yadda you'll understand whats going on as you keep going through the film.

Edited by headbanger1186, 08 January 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#13 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Exactly why I want the HD collection to come out here D:

#14 Fabrizo

Fabrizo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

We'll be lucky if they ever release The hd collection of 1 & 2.

I'm still waiting for that to come over before jumping into the series :/

#15 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I highly recommend this, especially to those who have already played the first two games in the series!

I just finished it and it was definitely on my top reasons for getting a PS3. It is obviously not everyone, but if you can give it a chance it might be worth your time.

I got my copy of Yakuza 3 for free from Kmart when you bought Yakuza 4 on release day.

I'm still kind of kicking myself for missing out on Gamestop's exclusive theme for Yakuza 4.

There's also DLC for Yakuza 3 that might not be on the PSN store. It is called the "Battle Pack." You could only get that from pre-ordering from places like Gamestop or contacting Sega.

Also, if you have a Kmart nearby. You might want to try there if you want a sealed copy for about $15. I bought one there for a friend about a year ago.

Sega was nice to me and gave me a Battle Pack code when they were giving them out. Don't know if they still have any codes left.

#16 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Kmart eh? I will have to check there sometime!