USED Ps Vita $150 with "powerup rewards coupon" gamestop

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 omargm

omargm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

i dont know if you think this is an offer but here is... it does not say if it includes a memory card or not...

Posted Image
Solo Quiero - Omar Garibay (Aztlan Cloud) Listen on Soundcloud.com

#2 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

It is used also. You might want to change title.
Posted Image

#3 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

Most likely wont come with a memory card as that is not part of trade-in requirement.

xivpads.png

#4 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Be VERY careful. I bought a used Vita from Gamestop in October and I was told by the associate that buying the extended warranty was a waste of money (first time for everything) because it still fell under Sony's one-year warranty.

System stopped working in December (it appeared to be a dead battery) and Sony said they will only repair it for $160 -- used systems do not fall under the company's warranty.

#5 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Be VERY careful. I bought a used Vita from Gamestop in October and I was told by the associate that buying the extended warranty was a waste of money (first time for everything) because it still fell under Sony's one-year warranty.

System stopped working in December (it appeared to be a dead battery) and Sony said they will only repair it for $160 -- used systems do not fall under the company's warranty.

I'd honestly not recommend ever buying a console used, unless you're getting an absolute killer deal (like 80% off or more) from a private seller on Craigslist or something.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#6 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Never buy handhelds used.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#7 DarthCAG

DarthCAG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Be VERY careful. I bought a used Vita from Gamestop in October and I was told by the associate that buying the extended warranty was a waste of money (first time for everything) because it still fell under Sony's one-year warranty..

How much does GameStop charge for their extended warranty?

Does anyone else think that a Vita price drop $ is right around the corner?

#8 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Most of PS Vita's serial codes are in SONY database,
you don't even have to send your purchase receipt.

I had problem with my Vita, they took it with out any asking, fixed it for me.
all free of charge. How would do they know its used system?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
PSN (US) : Tomoyo-MKII
PSN (ASIA) : Tomoyo-HK
Currently Playing : Ragnarok Odyssey, Atelier Totori Plus

#9 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Most of PS Vita's serial codes are in SONY database,
you don't even have to send your purchase receipt.

I had problem with my Vita, they took it with out any asking, fixed it for me.
all free of charge. How would do they know its used system?

Incorrect. Sony required that I send the receipt with the system and, even in the shipping box they sent, a note saying that any system without the original sales receipt included will be returned.

And I forgot to include the receipt (I'm a dumbass). 10 days later Sony called me and said if I didn't want the system returned, I had to fax them the receipt immediately. The next day they wrote me an e-mail saying that due to me purchasing it used, it was not under warranty.

As a side-note, I tried to buy the extended warranty the other day through sony and they refunded my money saying they won't sell an extended warranty to a used system.

#10 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Incorrect. Sony required that I send the receipt with the system and, even in the shipping box they sent, a note saying that any system without the original sales receipt included will be returned.

And I forgot to include the receipt (I'm a dumbass). 10 days later Sony called me and said if I didn't want the system returned, I had to fax them the receipt immediately. The next day they wrote me an e-mail saying that due to me purchasing it used, it was not under warranty.

As a side-note, I tried to buy the extended warranty the other day through sony and they refunded my money saying they won't sell an extended warranty to a used system.

I just sent my vita to Sony, I talked to two representatives in warranty department
they both told me, original purchase receipt is unnecessary, because they had it on file.
I bought extended warranty, and it is used vita as well.

just got mine fixed, it had charging problem...
took like 3 weeks though

#11 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well, I'm calling you a liar based on both my experience and their own Warranty policy stated online: http://us.playstatio...svita/index.htm

"PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE WHICH IS EVIDENCE THAT THE UNIT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE."

#12 Strigol

Strigol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

anyone know what you get exactly with a used vita? just the system? system + mem card? or what?

contemplating a purchase at this price

#13 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

anyone know what you get exactly with a used vita? just the system? system + mem card? or what?

contemplating a purchase at this price

I believe it's the system only w/o memory card (call your local GS to confirm). At this point you might as well wait until E3 to see if Sony does a perma drop.
Xecutioner
CML

#14 Kstyle

Kstyle

Sony Fan boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

Well, I'm calling you a liar based on both my experience and their own Warranty policy stated online: http://us.playstatio...svita/index.htm

"PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPTED INVOICE WHICH IS EVIDENCE THAT THE UNIT IS WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE."

did you buy extra 2 year warranty after they rejected you from service or before?
because, I bought 2 year extra warranty and mine went smoothly with out original purchase receipt.. weried

#15 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Or you could find it on AWD for ~$160 every day of the week, and have a pretty significant chance at receiving a new handheld.

#16 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'd honestly not recommend ever buying a console used, unless you're getting an absolute killer deal (like 80% off or more) from a private seller on Craigslist or something.

I know exactly what you mean. I would never buy a used system. You just don't know the condition of the system, and there's other factors as well. I feel $200 is a great price for the Vita. That's what I paid for mine from a CAG. I don't play my Vita as much as I should, but I don't have a lot of time for gaming so I do enjoy the time I do get to play it.

#17 bonesawisready

bonesawisready

YES! YES! YES!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Why on earth would you actually tell Sony you bought it used? You could've got it fixed for free had you not told them. Unless there is some way for them to tell, you can just pretend it was yours the whole time.

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why on earth would you actually tell Sony you bought it used? You could've got it fixed for free had you not told them. Unless there is some way for them to tell, you can just pretend it was yours the whole time.

Assuming they weren't bluffing about the receipt I'm sure it said "preowned" on it (he said he bought it used from Gamestop) so they were bound to tell.

However I bought a display model Sony Handy Cam a few years ago that was basicially DOA but the Staples clerk gave it to me "As-Is" for 90% off the clearance price (part were worth about 3-4x that.

I sent it in to sony with the receipt (even though it said "Clearance" and "Final Markdown - No Returns" and they still repaired it for free no questions asked.

#19 Purkeynator

Purkeynator

Cheap before it was cool

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:48 AM

If they really do have a one year warranty then they should still fix Vita's free for everyone since the system hasn't even been on the market for a year which means every Vita in existance is still under warranty. With the terrible sales of the Vita you would think they would be smart enough to take care of their customers who actually have a Vita and might buy more games if their Vita system actually worked. Its run-arounds like this that turn away their customers and cause hard times for the company which they are most definitely experiencing right now.....
trade list (mostly guides with a few boxes and manuals)
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=44132

#20 gentlyporking

gentlyporking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

AGAIN, Sony won't repair it without proof of purchase. My proof of purchase said I bought it used. There is no pretending when then require documented proof.

If they really do have a one year warranty then they should still fix Vita's free for everyone since the system hasn't even been on the market for a year which means every Vita in existance is still under warranty. With the terrible sales of the Vita you would think they would be smart enough to take care of their customers who actually have a Vita and might buy more games if their Vita system actually worked. Its run-arounds like this that turn away their customers and cause hard times for the company which they are most definitely experiencing right now.....

Exactly. I'm guessing Sony thinks I'm some sort of time traveler and, even though the system hasn't even been out for a year, I've owned mine for much longer. Even though I purchased quite a few games, I will not be paying the $160 to repair, nor will I ever buy another Sony gaming system again. Since I also gave up on Xbox after having 5 systems RR, I'll be sticking to only PC gaming.

#21 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

vita is a good system, I got one recently and am really happy with it. uncharted is great on it.

#22 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

You guys are making me worry about my Vita since I bought it used >.<

#23 grumpier

grumpier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Doesn't this kind thing happen right before msrp drops with Gamestop? I think I have seen this happen before.

#24 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

eh... $150, then you need a memory card for like $60. I can't see myself buying a hand held for more then a ps3.

#25 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

eh... $150, then you need a memory card for like $60. I can't see myself buying a hand held for more then a ps3.

Keep in mind you're comparing a handheld that's about a year old to a 6 year old console.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#26 Drclaw411

Drclaw411

I miss Cartoon Orbit

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:37 AM

Keep in mind you're comparing a handheld that's about a year old to a 6 year old console.

Sony needs to cool their jets and quit pounding their chest.

It's time for Vita+biggest memory card available+game bundled in+month of PS plus for $200 or less. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.

#27 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

That's not enough. I want a Vita + Biggest memory card + download codes for every game available + a free case + free lifetime of plus + a free car + a PS4 when it's released for $99 or less. I don't see what's so unreasonable about that.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#28 Strigol

Strigol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

screw all that I'd settle for a vita that used standard SD cards for memory instead of the sony only cards....That's really the only major thing thats held me back from buying one up till now, having to shell out so much for the stupid cards

#29 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

Memory prices will go down.. that doesn't bother me.

I like that I can save my game files to the PS+ cloud; and therefore it becomes much easier to use multiple memory cards however I have a 32GB with all the free PS+ content (i.e. Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout 2048, Plants vs Zombies, FF, ChronoVolt, and a few other freebies as well as two movies and about 200 MP3's and I still have about 16GB free so I really don't think I'll need to change out my memory anytime soon.

Personally I probably paid $100+ more then I would have liked to all things considered (memory cards, cases, screen protectors, etc.) but I've also gotten several months of enjoyment out of my Vita as well so I don't consider that a loss.

As I mentioned earlier though I just wish it had more in the way of apps so that I didn't have to constantly put it down and pick up my phone or tablet to check on things.

#30 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

The reason why sony are being dicks about repairing systems, is when they launched the vita, they also launched their version of "Apple Care". I was still a gamestop manager at the time, and they basically told us that if a customer was buying a system, unless they purchased the 70$ 2 year sony care accidental warranty, they would receive minimal warranty on the system.

But honestly, did any of you who bought it used EXPECT a free warranty?