Xenoblade Chronicles

• Please log in to reply
995 replies to this topic

#1 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Rare Wii game back in stock (goes for $80-$100 on eBay) Brand new.

http://m.gamestop.co...g/Product/98535

Edited by guinaevere, 08 February 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#2 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

phail price is phail
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#3 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

It's not really "rare" and beware of their gutted copies.

#4 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

Thanks, got one with some credit I had.

#5 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Not rare? Regionally it is very rare. What's it going for on Amazon new? $140. And the copies sell. Actual bid prices on eBay so of its so easy to find...

#6 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:35 AM

Bought this last year at my local Gamestop. Put about 35 hours into it and haven't touched it nearly the same period, i need to go back to it sometime. First JRPG I even remotely got sucked into since the PS2 days. Worth noting every Gamestop I've been to in my state has had a copy (Oklahoma).

I wouldn't call it rare. I'd call it sought after. I'd call "1990 Nintendo World Championships" rare.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#7 inbetweenphase

inbetweenphase

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Wow, I hadn't realised this was actually rare. I bought it when it released at GS just in case it became hard to find because i knew I'd eventually want to play it. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but glad I got it now. Geez.

#8 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Not rare? Regionally it is very rare. What's it going for on Amazon new? $140. And the copies sell. Actual bid prices on eBay so of its so easy to find...

It's going for that much on Amazon because Gamestop is the only one who can sell new copies in the primary market, meaning secondary sellers can basically sell it for whatever they want.

And last time this came back in stock, people reported getting gutted copies so it might happen again.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#9 zzamaro

zzamaro

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

It's a GameStop only game. That's why you won't see it being sold officialy by Amazon or any other place. Hence the high price there.
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]

#10 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

Beware of gutted copies.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#11 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

this was actually oos at gamestop for a while. 98 left...

#12 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 AM

I realize its a GS exclusive (thus my daily search there) but because they haven't had any for a while it sells at a high price there and on eBay. If you live in an area where it isn't available, jump on this now. I'm in Milwaukee and the nearest in-stock new is over 100 miles away.

Not trying to turn this into a selling opportunity, just a heads up for a hard to acquire game. That's all.

#13 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

It's going for that much on Amazon because Gamestop is the only one who can sell new copies in the primary market, meaning secondary sellers can basically sell it for whatever they want.

And last time this came back in stock, people reported getting gutted copies so it might happen again.

Those gutted copies were probably stock that didn't sell at the store level and got sent back for .com sales. Why haven't people gotten this game already?

#14 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

It may not be new. Buyer beware. I personally bought a handful of these back when it very first came out knowing this would happen ahead of time. But if this is really a profit topic, then again, gutted copies kill it.

#15 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

Can someone make a post about gutted copies again?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#16 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

72 left. going fast!

#17 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.

Posted Image

#18 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

The gutted thing is just a consequence of buying from gamestop. I held my nose when I bought this thing. The best thing they ever did was making games like this available.

The game is incredibly deep and sucks you in. I played it 70 hours and still haven't beaten it.

#19 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

what do u guys say? is it worth the buy to re sell it on ebay? now don't attack me.. i dont have a job right now.. so any profit is good for me.

I posted to let those looking for the game know its available for regular price. As for profit, you're looking at ~$60 shipped minus the seller fees from eBay. So as a buyer, you're saving a good amount. As a reseller, it's profitable but how much is a gamble, especially if this gets a possible second run.

#20 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Look at completed listings and see how much it goes for.

#21 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Your better off collecting cans or peddling on the freeway.

#22 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:07 AM

well im out of luck anyways.. i just realized gamestop doesn't accept paypal and i only have about $10 dollars in my bank account. dang it..

thanks anyways get_loud.

i guess it wasn't meant for me.

Posted Image

#23 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

well im out of luck anyways.. i just realized gamestop doesn't accept paypal and i only have about $10 dollars in my bank account. dang it..

thanks anyways get_loud.

i guess it wasn't meant for me.

Why don't you get a PayPal debit card? It's free. I've had mine for years and use it all the time and they even give you 1% cash back which isn't much but so far it's added up to a total of about 70 bucks for me.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: inFAMOUS: First Light, Metro Last Light Redux, Metro 2033 Redux

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#24 NedHead

NedHead

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

For what it's worth, this was a good but way overhyped game.

#25 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

Why don't you get a PayPal debit card? It's free. I've had mine for years and use it all the time and they even give you 1% cash back which isn't much but so far it's added up to a total of about 70 bucks for me.

thanks i'll look into that;)

Posted Image

#26 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:26 AM

Thanks OP - got one! It is funny how I mostly play non-U games on my Wii U (Last Story, Kirby Collection, and now this!)

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png

#27 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:27 AM

Now OOS, lasted barely an hour.

#28 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!