Photo
- - - - -

Borderlands GOTY Edition $20 on Gamestop and Amazon!

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:23 AM

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

Borderlands GOTY Edition

$20 New $19 Used @ Gamestop:
:360: http://www.gamestop....-the-year/90137
:ps3: http://www.gamestop....r-edition/90435

$20 @ Amazon (:360: only for now)
http://www.amazon.co...he year edition
Posted Image

#2 Denogginizer

Denogginizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

I literally just spent $25 on XBL getting this and three of the four DLC packs. Oh well

#3 The Buffmuffin

The Buffmuffin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

Thanks op, gonna use a $10 PUR and get it for 10. Been wanting to get this.

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM

I thought this was the retail price. I picked it up for $19.99 new at Gamestop in 2011.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

This price comes and goes. I thought it was the new "normal" price for a long time, then it jumped back up for a while, then went back down later.

That being said, I've had this for 360 for almost two years now and still haven't opened it. Should get on that.

#6 halokilla91

halokilla91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I thought this was the retail price. I picked it up for $19.99 new at Gamestop in 2011.

Msrp is $29.99.
Posted Image

#7 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.

#8 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Knoxx is worth the $10 extra just with that. You won't get the full level increase w/o it. The zombie one and Claptrap are fine also. The Mad Moxxi one is absolutely terrible.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes & Stitcher Radio
42869.png

#9 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:42 AM

Definitely a lot of game for the money. Can't recommend this game enough.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#10 Outlaw1986

Outlaw1986

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

I have it for PS3 but I can't really stand that controller for FPS games, so I've been debating on picking it up on either Live or the disc. Is the DLC really worth it or is the stand alone game for 800 points plenty? I don't plan on playing online.

The secret armory for general Knox or whatever was the best dlc for sure and u prolly wan mad moxxi's underdome riot for the extra bank storage. The other two I thought were kinda meh but general knoxxs was really really fun.

#11 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

I would recommend buying borderlands 1 on XBL for $10, then borrow/rent borderlands GOTY for the 360 and use the second disc to download the DLC
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#12 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 AM

Are all copies these days the one with the DLC on disc? I know at first a lot were the cruddy code. At least for the 360 version. I have this already but my cousin may want to pick one up

BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet? I still havent played BL2 yet because of it. They sure seem to be crapping out DLC at a good pace, i would hope theyve patched such a serious bug by now, but last time i checked it has not been patched
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#13 LordFlux

LordFlux

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Great buy on Borderlands 1. If anyone is still on fence -- stall no longer -- go pick this up!

BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet?

Yes, the bad ass point bug was fixed in the most recent patch.

#14 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Don't forget the PC version! The current Crazy Action Pack includes Borderlands GOTY, Duke Nukem Forever, and The Darkness II for only $9.99 (Borderlands GOTY PC by itself is $29.99):

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

#15 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Don't forget the PC version! The current Crazy Action Pack includes Borderlands GOTY, Duke Nukem Forever, and The Darkness II for only $9.99 (Borderlands GOTY PC by itself is $29.99):

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

That Desert to Sea Bundle looks good too.
Bioshock 1 & 2 and Spec Ops the Line for $10
http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sim_vg_2

Also if you bought AC3 during the $33 deal. You have $3 promo credit for digital downloads which would be good for either bundle.

#16 EYEL1NER

EYEL1NER

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

The game is amazing. I picked it up a month and a half ago and have been really enjoying it. I just entered the West Rust Commons or something named similar to that.
I bought a copy for next-to-nothing during a Blockbuster sale a while ago but never got into it. With Borderlands 2 getting hyped all year, I decided I wanted to play through the GotY collection so I got it.
I really wish I had nabbed a copy of the second game on BF to have ready for when I finish this, but I think I can wait for a BL2 GotY to come out.

#17 s2k

s2k

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Thanks op been waiting for this price!

#18 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

That being said, I've had this for 360 for almost two years now and still haven't opened it. Should get on that.

lol same here. :( Game looks great, I just can't seem to find the time to get into these longer games.

#19 ismegamanthere

ismegamanthere

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Can't believe Borderlands GOTY hasn't been $20 new as a standard price. I really wanted a physical copy of this but couldn't resist when it went on sale on Steam for $7.49. I had to bite at that price.
Gamertag for... everything: ismegamanthere

#20 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thanks OP will get this on my while hunting today for GC games.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#21 hellhunde

hellhunde

Snuffleupagus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Are all copies these days the one with the DLC on disc? I know at first a lot were the cruddy code. At least for the 360 version. I have this already but my cousin may want to pick one up

BTW have they patched the crappy bad ass point bug yet? I still havent played BL2 yet because of it. They sure seem to be crapping out DLC at a good pace, i would hope theyve patched such a serious bug by now, but last time i checked it has not been patched

If you mean the bug with the Badass Ranks, yes. That was patched in mid-December.

#22 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I think I might grab this. I've been thinking about getting BL1 again, and even though I have the DLC, I'd still like to have it all collected in one package. I need to finish 1, it's kind of the reason I stopped playing 2, since I felt like I skipped so much. Anyone else on here wanna run through BL1?

#23 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:34 PM

Can't recommend this game enough.

Same here. I usually skip these games due to length but I got completely sucked in in early December and I'm STILL playing it nightly trying to level up and get through everything. I'm Level 47 right now about 1/2 way through my second playthrough so the end is in sight. $20 is a STEAL considering how much game there is and how much fun it is to play.

I got the GOTY version for FREE from a friend together with Skyrim. So... much... game... 8-)

I know I'll be picking up Borderlands 2 when that one hits $20.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#24 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

I would recommend buying borderlands 1 on XBL for $10, then borrow/rent borderlands GOTY for the 360 and use the second disc to download the DLC

so you don't need the disc for the DLC except for the initial install?

#25 halokilla91

halokilla91

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

so you don't need the disc for the DLC except for the initial install?

Correct! at least thats how it is on the 360, I dont know about the ps3 version.
Posted Image

#26 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

i think on the ps3, the dlc is all on the disc

#27 BegFourMercy

BegFourMercy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

THanks OP. Picked up a copy so my son and I do not have to split screen.

#28 An Orange Cat

An Orange Cat

Pet My Fur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Is the Best Buy holiday price match still in effect? I have credit there that I need to use.

#29 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Correct! at least thats how it is on the 360, I dont know about the ps3 version.

i actually have a sealed GOTY. does the disc just act as a download token? if i install the DLC, will i need the disc if i ever need to install the DLC again (new hard drive for example)? what i would like to do is sell my disc version of the game and just download it from XBL. i mean, if i can sell the game for $15 on CL i would be completely happy if i don't need it again.

is this also how red dead redemption game of the year works? is the DLC installable from the disc?

#30 waldo21212

waldo21212

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

PS3 is the same way - install DLC from disk, and then you can use a vanilla edition to play it, since the DLC just integrates itself into the game install files.