CAGcast #310: Tor-so Crazy

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

Cheapy and Wombat talk Disney Infinity, Dead Island torsos, and oh so much more.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

This episode is sponsored by Ting
http://cdnroot.cheap...pictureid=29286

Download (1 hour 10 minutes) - Subscribe - Review
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: 1812 Overture - Don't Drown Your Food PSA

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 17 January 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#2 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

I havent listened to this episode yet but I'm interested to hear your opinions on the Dead Island torso. A lot of people cried about it and I think a lot of people are whiny bitches. Now to listen to the show! ...So listened to the show and yeah I agree with everything about it (it's useless and such) but I still feel like people are whiny bitches. It's probably for the best since it would have sold pretty bad I imagine.

Edited by ShockandAww, 17 January 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#3 DietCokeJunkey

DietCokeJunkey

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I really missed Shipwreck in this episode. I feel like so much information was mentioned yet none of it was really deeply discussed like usual. Somewhat reminds me of scrolling through headlines on a news site without reading the articles.

The Dead Island torso is interesting to me, because it's such a unique thing to put in a collector's edition, but it's not something that anyone should really own or display. If it had a head on it (zombie bust), I could understand it. I still give them props for creativity, even if it wasn't well thought out.

DarkZion9.png

so I decided to see what I could do with it and I got to the end but there's no way I can finish him off. 

#4 chinoev

chinoev

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:13 AM

For anyone curious about the video:

#5 harrymcback

harrymcback

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

If TAC had a member (in the phallus sense of the word) I think CheapyD would have been deep throating it during that commercial. This isn't to say I wouldn't be there all the time if I had a facility like that near my home whether in Japan or in America. The TAC looks like a 5 star resort.
Harry McBack
Posted Image

#6 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

"Plain ol' Wombat" lol
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#7 BetaDemo

BetaDemo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Posted Image

I have a watch this bitches recommendation for CAG: ParaNorman. I had absolutely ZERO expectations when it arrived in the red Netflix envelope. I didn't remember even putting it into my queue--or even that it had existed at all--yet here it was and I had the choice to either watch it or sling it back onto the mail pile. Wow, just wow. ParaNorman is very funny and contains great messages about friendship, youth, bullying and prejudice. Without spoiling; I've gotta say that the 'candy vending machine' scene is spit out your popcorn funny. I'd recommend ParaNorman to anyone.

Edited by BetaDemo, 17 January 2013 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

You guys make me want to exercise. I listen to the CAGcast while I run, and after I'm done I stop it until the next day. So I get to listen to about 20 minutes each day but wanting to hear more of your show helps motivate me to go for another run the next day. So thank you guys for helping me get in shape!

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#9 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

You guys arent the only ones who enjoy Ultimate Spiderman. I like it more than Spectacular though I would be okay with less of his friend superheroes being in it. Though as for why it switched to Ultimate from Spectacular, it may have been more of an acquisition reason over sales.

#10 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Stepping it up, per Wombat's request demand.
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009

#11 Falion

Falion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for linking that video, chinoev - it definitely lived up to the hype. :)

Don't feel too bad, Cheapy. You came across well in the video, and at least you didn't assault my eyes with a horrifying soulpatch like that other dude. My nightmare machine has been refueled!

#12 Kostka

Kostka

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Jeez Cheapy I know you've mentioned your "giraffe neck" before but i never really noticed it till this Tokyo American Club vid. Like seriously man why do you keep moving your head around, is that a stability issue or what? Either way you're freaking me out. And when he mentions his son the whole time I'm thinkning, Jesus how was this guy able to reproduce? Anyway thanks for the nightmares Wombat. I really dig these CagCast Classics but lets make sure to bring back the Red Headed Stranger for next week, I like hearing about videogames on my videogame podcasts. Hugs and kisses, good show as always guys.
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well." - Shigeru Miyamoto

#13 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

The main reason it is so unsettling is it looks more like a dismembered human corpse then a dismembered zombi-fied corpse and that it is of a scantily clad women. If you just saw that on someone's shelf without knowing it was tied to dead island, would you think it is the corpse of a zombie or the victim of a horror movie slasher?

Wombat's right, you mention Tokyo American Club quite often. It's not a judgment or meant to disparage, it's just a statement of fact.

There is room for a silly spiderman series, but as Wombat said, many are just annoyed that spectacular spiderman had to die for silly spiderman to live. It wasn't lack of viewership that caused it to be canceled, it was a matter of the spiderman license transferring back to marvel so they squashed the one produced by Sony in favor of one completely produced by marvel animation instead. They could have continued to let the old series run its course or run both in parallel, but they chose to just snuff out a quality program in favor of a program of less quality in the opinion of many viewers.

Daily Show did a piece just yesterday about the NRA's efforts to deball the ATF (for example, due to a rule inserted into the patriot act by an NRA crony, the ATF hasn't been able to have a permanent director in SIX fuckING YEARS). They are also responsible for that ban on research you mentioned.

Edited by guardian_owl, 17 January 2013 - 07:26 PM.

Guardian_owl.png

#14 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

The DmC situation is complicated. It's more than just older fans being upset by the hair. It's more that fans may have preferred one direction over another. The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon being replaced by Ultimate Spider-Man is a good comparison. Sure, both shows star the same character, but they differ in tone and style. Some fans would have preferred another season of Spectacular Spider-Man over this new series, just like some fans may have preferred Devil May Cry 5 over the reboot.

#15 aerotive

aerotive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Damn that club is much nicer that I'd expected...

#16 GunMetalJackal

GunMetalJackal

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

This is the second straight episode that loops(repeats) for me I use pocket casts app on android to download but even through the direct link it does it, any one having issues?

#17 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

For anyone curious about the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=1OZnO2WXRwE

Damn, that guy is stiff. I've seen some of the Softbank commercials Cheapy talked about, so I knew who the black guy was.
If anyone's interested, here's one of those commercials:

#18 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

For some reason every time I pictured TAC I imagined this recreation center with a few old couches and a "lousy" foosball table in the middle of a desolate room. This place looks ridiculously nice. Congrats Cheapy for being in the video.

On the subject of Disney Infinity, I don't see how the market has room for both this and Skylanders and I mean that literally. TRU is trying to clearance out all the first generation Skylanders because they don't have room in their stores for all the figures. I can't imagine what Shipwreck's Target is going to look like when both Disney and Skylanders figures are taking up all that valuable Vita shelf space!

(Oh, and Wombat, I don't know when you guys recorded this show but Daemon from IGN said "Should have been called...Disneylanders" in a post on January 15th. Sorry. I laughed harder when you said it though, honest.)

I'm glad you hear you guys like Ultimate Spider-Man. I avoided it initially because of all the negative feedback surrounding it but I quite enjoy it as well. It gives me a 90s Nickelodeon cartoon vibe (ala Ren and Stimpy or Rocco's Modern Life) with all the cutaway gags.

(One more thing Wombat, if you ever want to start playing Dead Island, I'd love to be part of a CAG night. I've had the game for months and never opened it but don't want to just jump online with a bunch of overleveled strangers since I have no idea what I'm doing. I'd rather play with others that are just starting for the first time.)
Posted Image

#19 Splatoon

Splatoon

CAGiversaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

As someone who currently lives in Rochester and who went to school in Albany, thanks for the extra special sad shout-out to start the show. I agree with Cheapy though, Rochester is slightly better if only because the chance of being mugged on the street is marginally lower, as is the crushing feeling of a metropolis slowly eroding under the weight of its citizens' apathy. Plus, there's a dollar movie theater nearby!

Comics of all shapes and sizes! Mainly rectangles. Max and Ronnie Do Comics.

#20 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

Thought you came across very well in the TAC video Cheapy.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#21 mwmike11

mwmike11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:17 AM

Hey, you guys finally asked my CAGbag question! Thanks! Anyway, I completely agree with you Wombat, about there not really being too many I'm looking forward to this year, with the exception of BioShock: Infinite, LEGO Marvel, and DmC, which I just picked up this week. Honestly, I can't think of too many that are coming out FOR SURE this year for 360 that I want. If Dragon Age III is actually coming out for 360, add that to the list for sure. If not...I dunno, I've got plenty in my back log. Maybe this is a sign of the next gen consoles coming this fall, or at least that the publishers feel the same way, that they have no idea how things are panning out. Or that it is just far too early in the new year for us to know with any sense of certainty. Would love Shipwreck to give his picks when he gets back next week. Great show as always, guys.

#22 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

I feel like I'm alone in why the Dead Island torso thing is a big deal at all....It's like totally whatever to me considering how violent the game is. But like I don't see why this is news at all. at all. Oh well.

And I want to thank Wombat for his advice on Dishonored he gave Shipwreck last week. It was perfect. I have had dishonored since black friday and barely touched it because I was afraid of "doing it wrong" etc, but Wombat's advice of "just don't worry about it, just do it" made sense to me and now I'm loving the game. Thanks!
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#23 Fully70

Fully70

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

Best part of my week guys, Thanks! It felt wrong without shipwreck even though I have been listening to the show since before he joined the CAGcast. Great show regardless, and definitely stopping by the tokyo american club on my trip this summer.

#24 DavidCStason

DavidCStason

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

Late game of the year feedback - Cheapy you should really try Sleeping Dogs. I just finished it and it's a great combo between the seriousness of a GTA IV and the ridiculousness of Saints Row. Plus takes place in Hong Kong. Really fun open world crime game with a focus on hand to hand combat. Would be curious to hear what you think.

#25 Curufinwe

Curufinwe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't know if Cheapy played DMC 3, and I'm sure he never finished it, but it actually had a simple, well told story. I'm also waiting for DmC to go on sale on Steam since the console versions only run at 30 fps.

As a Flyers fan I'm pretty happy with how the lockout turned out. Now the owner/GM can't make sign any more crazy, long contracts like the 14-year deal they offered to Weber, and they can buy out Bryzgalov with no salary cap hit if he fails again this season.

Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#26 Jasper Kazai

Jasper Kazai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Late game of the year feedback - Cheapy you should really try Sleeping Dogs. I just finished it and it's a great combo between the seriousness of a GTA IV and the ridiculousness of Saints Row. Plus takes place in Hong Kong. Really fun open world crime game with a focus on hand to hand combat. Would be curious to hear what you think.

I'm almost sure that Cheapy has played Sleeping Dogs, at least a little. I remember him talking about how nice it looked on PC.
Yeah, I just checked his Steam profile; he's played 8 hours of it.

#27 CozmoKhan

CozmoKhan

Go Blackhawks!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I feel like I'm alone in why the Dead Island torso thing is a big deal at all....It's like totally whatever to me considering how violent the game is. But like I don't see why this is news at all. at all. Oh well.

And I want to thank Wombat for his advice on Dishonored he gave Shipwreck last week. It was perfect. I have had dishonored since black friday and barely touched it because I was afraid of "doing it wrong" etc, but Wombat's advice of "just don't worry about it, just do it" made sense to me and now I'm loving the game. Thanks!

I think some of the comments from other websites about the DI torso are pretentious and hypocritical. But, everyone seems to have it wrong about the torso itself. The CE is called the "Zombie Bait" edition. That's not a zombie torso, that's a recently dismembered woman. Chum for zombies. Does that make it worse?

I agree on Dishonored, too. It's a game that once it clicks, it clicks.

#28 moonbookbrandon

moonbookbrandon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

I liked all of the comic show and movie talk at the beginning. I also am a big fan of the DC movies. I've not watched the Avengers or Ultimate Spiderman shows yet though. I've started reading the Spiderman comics again since there is a big thing going on at the moment since Marvel's big reboot thingy, pretty interesting.

#29 moonbookbrandon

moonbookbrandon

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

The Disney Infinity thing...

I thought it would be cool if a Marvel or DC game would come out with this type of platform...

Hrm... GI Joe action figures and vehicles? I wonder who would play that...

#30 iwannadie

iwannadie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

The main reason it is so unsettling is it looks more like a dismembered human corpse then a dismembered zombi-fied corpse and that it is of a scantily clad women.

Up until that last bit, I thought this post was about the cheapyD video.
Posted Image