• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

wow. today only huh, like 30 mins left

#3 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I just spotted it at BFADS. They usually run till midnight though, right?

After the bad taste ModnationRacers left in our mouths, we are passing on LBP karting regardless of price.

#4 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Psst... http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=335522

Right on the front page. Best to do a quick search before posting a new thread. You might want to duck before some of the less friendly members of the board see this.

#5 Gareee

Gareee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Posted from my cellphone, and didn't see it. Forum Nazis can bite me.

#6 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Forum Nazis? You posted a deal that was right on the front page. Man, we're such Nazis...

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#7 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

How did a repost get five stars?

#8 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

My BB has it advertised today (Monday) as $19.99. It rings up as $39.99 so a manager has to price adjust it.

#9 FlamedLiquid

FlamedLiquid

The Kersed Sowl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

My BB has it advertised today (Monday) as $19.99. It rings up as $39.99 so a manager has to price adjust it.

they more then likely forgot to take the advertised price down. It was yesterday's Deal of the Day.

My DVD Collection: http://fiamedliquid.dvdaf.com/
rm8ylt.gif

#10 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

It's $10 for PS Plus members tomorrow, $20 for regular users.

#11 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

It's $10 for PS Plus members tomorrow, $20 for regular users.

Yeah but HDD space vs Physical copy. You decide what's better, personally I always go for the physical copy if I can.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check out my Gaming Stream.

#12 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

and you can't trade in the download, if you get more then $10 or trade in it's better to buy physical, I got it for the $20 at best buy and I am happy.

#13 FidelityNy

FidelityNy

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah but HDD space vs Physical copy. You decide what's better, personally I always go for the physical copy if I can.

HDD space is fine. The only people that rather have physical over digital are people with small HDD's and a huge backlog of physical copies of their games. Digital doesn't get damaged and you can download and play them on more than one console in your household.

and you can't trade in the download, if you get more then $10 or trade in it's better to buy physical, I got it for the $20 at best buy and I am happy.

You're only going to get a couple of bucks if you try trading this game in, it's a flop and stores are obviously trying to get rid of it, trade in doesn't apply for this game at all.

#14 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I can't believe it's going to be $10 already. Finally some significant discounts on PSN games.

#15 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

they more then likely forgot to take the advertised price down. It was yesterday's Deal of the Day.

Indeed, but they will still honor it. Also, you can make it effectively $10 with the MC promo.

Also, you can still use the physcial copy once a PS+ membership expires.

#16 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

Also, you can still use the physcial copy once a PS+ membership expires.

PS+ members can keep ANY game they pay money for. The only games that "expire" are free ones. Personally, I have no interest in LBK but at $10, that's a steal. I honestly don't see people being able to get $10+ for trade-in credit within the next few weeks.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#17 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

PS+ members can keep ANY game they pay money for. The only games that "expire" are free ones. Personally, I have no interest in LBK but at $10, that's a steal. I honestly don't see people being able to get $10+ for trade-in credit within the next few weeks.

Oh crap. You're right. I was obviously thinking of free games.

#18 The_cheapest_Daddy

The_cheapest_Daddy

(>••)>†

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Physical copies always, but $10 is a damn good deal
6962.png
Currently playing
:3ds: Bravely default

#19 Owlmanus

Owlmanus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

How much space does it take?

#20 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

7gb is what someone posted in the psn thread IIRC

#21 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I can't believe it's going to be $10 already. Finally some significant discounts on PSN games.

Playing it will help you believe it:)
It's just not very good compared to other racing games out there.

#22 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

Playing it will help you believe it:)
It's just not very good compared to other racing games out there.

is it $10 good?

#23 Hijinx

Hijinx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

is it $10 good?

I played the beta and it was alright. But then again it was a beta so I'm sure some things changed. I'd definitely wouldn't pay more then $20 but at $10 I'd bite. I'm more interested in the UGC then anything else. Does anyone know how the UGC turned out?

#24 jjjbadboy32

jjjbadboy32

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

The only people that rather have physical over digital are people with small HDD's and a huge backlog of physical copies of their games.

:-k
Posted Image

Posted Image

#25 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

is it $10 good?

I just picked it up for the $19.99 and am on the 3rd world and have checked out the community levels a bit, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit for the $20 price tag...

As a kart racer, it's a bit meh... It feels a little slow, the drift is a bit sloppy and not as well implemented as some other racers, the AI are a bit cheap (you can block one shot with your weapon, but there are usually another 1 or 2 behind it ready to take you out when you're defenseless), a lot of weapons total you...which causes you to reset on the track (the equivalent of falling off the track in other racers) and can cost you several places or a race win...

On the bright side, it actually does feel more like a LBP game than a karting game a lot of the time. There's sort of an emphasis on exploring and finding prize bubbles, which I find myself concentrating on more than the racing itself...and having a lot of fun with. The story sort of picks up after LBP2 and has the same style. The gaming has that LBP feel (right down to the licensed music...noticed a Devo song in there). There's the same type of customization (character/kart/planets/pod/custom levels). There are some minigame levels. It's really more of a story-driven, item collecting, adventure karting game than your typical "grand prix" style karter.

So, ya, I'd say it's worth the $10 if you like LBP or want to play something a bit different...or are interested in making your own tracks. If you're just looking for a top notch karting game, pay the extra for Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.

#26 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for all of that! Sounds like something the boy and I would enjoy.

#27 Sludgepond

Sludgepond

Master of Puppets

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

I just picked it up for the $19.99 and am on the 3rd world and have checked out the community levels a bit, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit for the $20 price tag...

As a kart racer, it's a bit meh... It feels a little slow, the drift is a bit sloppy and not as well implemented as some other racers, the AI are a bit cheap (you can block one shot with your weapon, but there are usually another 1 or 2 behind it ready to take you out when you're defenseless), a lot of weapons total you...which causes you to reset on the track (the equivalent of falling off the track in other racers) and can cost you several places or a race win...

On the bright side, it actually does feel more like a LBP game than a karting game a lot of the time. There's sort of an emphasis on exploring and finding prize bubbles, which I find myself concentrating on more than the racing itself...and having a lot of fun with. The story sort of picks up after LBP2 and has the same style. The gaming has that LBP feel (right down to the licensed music...noticed a Devo song in there). There's the same type of customization (character/kart/planets/pod/custom levels). There are some minigame levels. It's really more of a story-driven, item collecting, adventure karting game than your typical "grand prix" style karter.

So, ya, I'd say it's worth the $10 if you like LBP or want to play something a bit different...or are interested in making your own tracks. If you're just looking for a top notch karting game, pay the extra for Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed.

Cool, thanks for the mini review. Will definitely be picking this up for $10!

#28 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

the trade in value of karting is $10 base price at best buy right now, i guess we will see if it drops but atm you can trade it in for $15 if you end up not wanting it, worth buying physical.

#29 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:25 AM

10 on ps+ FML