Photo
- - - - -

Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King $25 on Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

8 left in stock, this game should not be missed!

http://www.amazon.co...gon Quest guide

#2 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

This has always been the price everytime I see it. But I do agree It's great, playing it right now and loving every second of it.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#3 DuffHomer

DuffHomer

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

This has always been the price everytime I see it. But I do agree It's great, playing it right now and loving every second of it.

I would kill for an HD coll of this!

#4 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Loved this when it came out. Coulda sworn I paid $20 for it 5-6 years ago. Enjoy that FFXII demo that comes with it. :P

Meanwhile, DQVII 3DS remake on the way, hope it comes stateside...
Posted Image

#5 Domo7

Domo7

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Do you know if its just the game or is it the one that came in the box like this.

http://media.photobu...ragonQuest8.jpg

#6 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

I wish Sony would pump out some HD remakes of RPGs. I'd love to play this one.

#7 ProppaT

ProppaT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

An HD version of DQVIII wouldn't really do much. It's cell shaded, so it still looks great on HDTVs and I believe it supported widescreen out of the box.

I guess this deal is okay for collectors who want a sealed copy, but I can find it used with the original case for around $10 all day.

#8 keine

keine

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

Has the price of this game been going up? I remember seeing sub - $15 prices on DQVIII (new) for years .
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#9 UselessB

UselessB

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'd have to get my PS2 back from my little sis...

#10 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Sadly I don't have a BC PS3... :( I would love a PSV playable version of this.

#11 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:55 PM

Should make it a ps2 classic for sure- one of my favorite RPGs of all time and don't think there's any other game I've clocked so many hours in

#12 pablo escobar

pablo escobar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

I actually pulled my ps2 out of the closet just to play this again last year, such an awesome game

#13 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Says 11 left now.

#14 JiveT

JiveT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

I think I got to some point in the game where I stopped enjoying it and never went back

#15 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

I think I got to some point in the game where I stopped enjoying it and never went back

For me that was about an hour or two into the game. The excessive random battles... yuck...
www.bighugenerd.com

#16 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

I stopped enjoying it and beat it anyway. Waste of 80 hours with no one but my self to blame :cry:

Currently Playing -   :pc: Dark Souls (Replay)   :3ds: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy   :psp: Valkyria Chronicles II

Recently Completed -  :ps3: Rain 2/2    :ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow 3/1  :3ds: The Starship Damrey 3/2   :psp: Ys: The Oath in Felghana 3/8

Selling  :psp: Class of Heroes II PSN Codes $10 

#17 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

I stopped enjoying it and beat it anyway. Waste of 80 hours with no one but my self to blame :cry:

I never did understand the acclaim so many people gave it. I didn't think it was good at all. In fact, I thought it was a average to bad JRPG. The cheese factor in the characters was annoying as shit to me (as well as the terrible acting).

#18 WilliamG

WilliamG

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I never did understand the acclaim so many people gave it. I didn't think it was good at all. In fact, I thought it was a average to bad JRPG. The cheese factor in the characters was annoying as shit to me (as well as the terrible acting).

Yep I'm with you. I never got into it, either. Very strange how much love it received. I feel the same way about Persona 4.
www.bighugenerd.com

#19 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

is this the one with the dragovian trial? Those damn dragons.

#20 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Do you know if its just the game or is it the one that came in the box like this.

http://media.photobu...ragonQuest8.jpg

It probably is. My wife bought it as a birthday present a couple of years ago, and that is what I have. Still haven't played it yet...
Posted Image

#21 argyle

argyle

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

An HD version of DQVIII wouldn't really do much. It's cell shaded, so it still looks great on HDTVs and I believe it supported widescreen out of the box.

Completely disagree, it looks absolutely stunning running on...hrm...what am I allowed to say here? "Better hardware"? ;)

And you have to like old-school JRPGs or you won't enjoy the game, obviously, but if you do it's easily one of the best around.
Posted Image

#22 Zbornak

Zbornak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

DQ8 wasn't revolutionary, but it was incredibly charming and had tons of personality. I kind of lost steam toward the end, but I enjoyed almost all of the 105 or so hours I spent with it.
Posted Image

#23 United_Korea

United_Korea

we thinX it's gr8.8

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

this is the same price i paid seven years ago.
:ps3: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Tekken Tag Tournament 2
:360: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
:pc: Diablo III

#24 dallow

dallow

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Completely disagree, it looks absolutely stunning running on...hrm...what am I allowed to say here? "Better hardware"? ;)

And you have to like old-school JRPGs or you won't enjoy the game, obviously, but if you do it's easily one of the best around.

Agreed. It would look stunning with and HD upgrade.
Much like Wind Waker does.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#25 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

This game is already amazing! The cel-shaded art gives this game most of its charm, so IMO an HD remake is unnecessary. I played this for over 150 hours and loved every second of it. The only way they could make it better is to add more content so I could play it longer.

#26 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I would kill for an HD coll of this!

Me too! The game is great I wouldn't mind playing it again.

I guess this deal is okay for collectors who want a sealed copy, but I can find it used with the original case for around $10 all day.

To me it would, it doesn't really look great on my hdtv.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#27 Buuhan1

Buuhan1

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

My favorite game. You owe it to yourself to play this.

http://www.youtube.com/KyleFedora

Posted Image
Backloggery

I'm 34 years old, and damned it, I want my freaking half-undressed anime chick.

In for 12 to afford a dozen roses for my body pillow Kimiko.

#28 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

My favorite game. You owe it to yourself to play this.

+1. This was my first Dragon Quest game, but also my favorite PS2 game. Yes, random battles do suck, but I feel that anyone who likes JRPGs owes it to themselves to at least give it a shot.

#29 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I actually ordered this last week and it showed up today. I was surprised to see it's the original release with the FF12 demo, still all sealed up.

Playing it on my PS3(60gb phat ftw!) Graphics still look decent considering it runs at 720x480 res. ;)

#30 timesplitt

timesplitt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:06 AM

Meanwhile, DQVII 3DS remake on the way, hope it comes stateside...

playing 7 with polygon characters sounds crazy.... and maybe i can finally solve that puzzle in the beginning with the cavmen like wall drawings.
Posted Image