PS Vita Earth Defense Force 3 Portable (PLAY-ASIA): $29.99

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

if you want physical copy (like myself) and don't like download version, go ahead and grab it ASAP!!!!

Earth Defense Force 3 Portable

#2 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

Not a bad price, but keep in mind that it takes 10 cycles to platinum it.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#3 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:32 AM

if you want physical copy (like myself) and don't like download version, go ahead and grab it ASAP!!!!

Earth Defense Force 3 Portable

Is this a localized version? I don't want to play it in Japanese.

#4 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Does the Japanese edition include an option for English though?

#5 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Possible it'll coming out in the US this FALL :)
"Evil is Funs"

#6 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Too bad you can't play online with NA/EU folks. :(

Thanks for the heads up though, I may go for it anyway.

#7 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

text is Japanese

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#8 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

Sorry

It's all Japanese though (text & voice)

Personally I prefer physical version regardless language barrier.

#9 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:25 AM

I really want this but I refuse to pay $40 for a digital version. I'd easily pay that for a physical copy if only it came in english. I suppose this isn't a story intensive game so it wouldn't be terrible to have it in Japanese but still, kind of annoying that it is the only way to get this game physically is in Japanese.

#10 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

Out of stock.

#11 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I really want this but I refuse to pay $40 for a digital version. I'd easily pay that for a physical copy if only it came in english. I suppose this isn't a story intensive game so it wouldn't be terrible to have it in Japanese but still, kind of annoying that it is the only way to get this game physically is in Japanese.

I hope this digital-only release doesn't become the norm for less popular titles released here.

#12 refusedchaos

refusedchaos

Here comes the lewd!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Possible it'll coming out in the US this FALL :)

What are you even talking about? The game already game out but digital only

Join Points2Shop and get ANYTHING you want from Amazon!!!! (i have gotten $77, 5 PS3 games and 3 anime boxset so far!!!!!)

#13 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

I'd say equipping weapons could be a problem but there's a lot of grind in EDF anyway so there's time to try lots of different weapons out.

#14 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

wouldve bit but OOS

#15 breakfuss

breakfuss

Malicious Baiter ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Welcome to...the future? DD releases will be the standard by 2015. Some of you guys need to come to terms with the idea. Physical will soon be like vinyl to the mp3.

#16 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Welcome to...the future? DD releases will be the standard by 2015. Some of you guys need to come to terms with the idea. Physical will soon be like vinyl to the mp3.

What exactly do you mean by "the standard"? Are you really implying that physical media will no longer be available in just 2 years? You're out of your mind if you think that's the case.

I find it interesting that you mentioned vinyl because new albums are still released on vinyl. Much like physical media will be around for a long time to come...

#17 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

And you're basing this on vita and pspGo sales? Good one.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#18 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

This will be difficult considering half the USA alone, have no internet access.

This preorder is also available at Newegg.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#19 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

I think it's very possible because its the no. 1 way to eliminate used game sales which developers/publishers hate.

You will also have alienated GameStop from their most lucrative business. Good luck to the company that tries that first. It is more likely you will see that dev's get a share in pre-owned sales than a digital only business model.

edaa9c273976.png

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Azure Striker Gunvolt, :360: N/A, :ps3: N/A, :ps4: Diablo 3, :wiiu: Hyrule Warriors

#20 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

PC already has eliminated used game sales. If you weren't aware, the game industry does not like GameStop in fact they hate them and how they profit multiple times on their products. Just wait, the new consoles will have something in place to be more digital or kill used game sales. Online passes just aren't enough.

More digital? I can buy that... but if you're going purely digital, there is no infrastructure in the world that can support this at a high capacity. People would either need to subscribe to an ISP or find somewhere with that capability. It's not ready yet. Again, see pspGo and how that failed miserably.

Devs and customers both hate GameStop? Not news there :D. I love to see gamestop go under, but for the masses out there, it's the only place they know to get their (used) games. I'd be willing to bet that GameStop cuts a deal with devs for some kind of royalty.

78% of the US population has Internet.

You're not just thinking US are you? There's more out there than the states.

BTW, this game looks great. I'll likely pick up a copy when it becomes more affordable.

edaa9c273976.png

#21 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

I bought it when it first came out and its easily worth the $40 tag, though I would have liked to get it cheaper and have a physical copy. I've easily put 25+ hour into it already and I've beaten it once on normal, been grinding like crazy to get weapons. With Palewing it plays like a different game (new strategies and all) but its still a grind albeit a fun awesome grind. totally worth the price of admission regardless of what price you get it for.

#22 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Welcome to...the future? DD releases will be the standard by 2015. Some of you guys need to come to terms with the idea.

When DD is the standard, I will stop buying games. I've already come to terms with this.

#23 Nohbdy

Nohbdy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

78% of the US population has overpriced, slow as fuck Internet.

Fixed.

#24 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

When DD is the standard, I will stop buying games. I've already come to terms with this.

That's the part I forgot to mention in my original reply which also goes with inhibiting the entertainment industry's full move toward full digital distribution because I can guarantee you that people there are more people like us out there who refuse to move toward a full digital ownership scheme.

#25 AxleHead

AxleHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

It's impossible for an all digital console world that soon. Between US Internet providers being price gouging criminals even on slow Internet and the new trend of data caps it would be financial suicide for which ever console does this first. All digital is inevitable, but I'll be very surprised if it happens in the next 10 years. I don't doubt that more games will be made available digitally, but physical media won't be dying anytime soon.

#26 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

I can guarantee you that people there are more people like us out there who refuse to move toward a full digital ownership scheme.

When it comes down to it, you will find there are in fact very few. This is a battle I have already fought and lost in the three industries I love more than games: books, music, and movies. Games are the last holdout because of the bandwidth required and the multiplayer aspects. But all-digital will happen. People are now getting weaned onto all-inclusive entertainment platforms that do not require leaving the couch. They already buy their music and movies this way - they're not going to get in the car just to go get a video game. Trust me, I take weekly trips to my local record stores (remember those?). I'm the only one there under 50 and the only one who has heard of deodorant. Video games will be the same way some day. Not in two years time of course, but things move quickly and people's preferences change surprisingly fast.

#27 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

When it comes down to it, you will find there are in fact very few. This is a battle I have already fought and lost in the three industries I love more than games: books, music, and movies. Games are the last holdout because of the bandwidth required and the multiplayer aspects. But all-digital will happen. People are now getting weaned onto all-inclusive entertainment platforms that do not require leaving the couch. They already buy their music and movies this way - they're not going to get in the car just to go get a video game. Trust me, I take weekly trips to my local record stores (remember those?). I'm the only one there under 50 and the only one who has heard of deodorant. Video games will be the same way some day. Not in two years time of course, but things move quickly and people's preferences change surprisingly fast.

The point I'm making though is that while you are correct in that digital distribution will increase in popularity in the coming years, it will be a long time before they are completely gone. Sure it'll become more and more of a niche market but all of the examples you gave still have physical media available. The majority of the sales in those areas has moved to digital but I can still go out and purchase the newest book, CD (or in album form, as well...), or movie in a physical format.

#28 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

The point I'm making though is that while you are correct in that digital distribution will increase in popularity in the coming years, it will be a long time before they are completely gone. Sure it'll become more and more of a niche market but all of the examples you gave still have physical media available. The majority of the sales in those areas has moved to digital but I can still go out and purchase the newest book, CD (or in album form, as well...), or movie in a physical format.

Yes, agreed - physical will continue to exist as a niche market. The big releases will be available in both digital and physical formats. Smaller and more niche releases will be on a case by case basis - publishers will decide whether physical makes sense. That already happens with music and books where some releases are digital-only. Games are an interesting industry because unlike books, music, and movies where a majority of mainstream product is domestic in origin, so many big games come from overseas (Japan, Europe). I imagine those releases will have the greatest instances of digital-only releases to help streamline international distribution and defray localization costs. We'll see I guess.

#29 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yes, agreed - physical will continue to exist as a niche market. The big releases will be available in both digital and physical formats. Smaller and more niche releases will be on a case by case basis - publishers will decide whether physical makes sense. That already happens with music and books where some releases are digital-only. Games are an interesting industry because unlike books, music, and movies where a majority of mainstream product is domestic in origin, so many big games come from overseas (Japan, Europe). I imagine those releases will have the greatest instances of digital-only releases to help streamline international distribution and defray localization costs. We'll see I guess.

Someone needs to open up an import shop then, as I would be one to buy physical copy games internationally... unless they region lock the games.

edaa9c273976.png

#30 AxleHead

AxleHead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

While I agree with music there's a reason why digital music has made it. The music industry doesn't enforce the license issue. With iTunes and Amazon you own the content and can even back it up. With movies and games you only own a license and cannot back them up. Look at Sony. If your console crashes you can't just simply redownload your movies. Both Sony and Microsoft can yank a game or a movie from their digital stores and the purchaser loses them. Until that is addressed digital will not pick up as quickly as you think. For me unless I have a guarantee that's digital purchase is mine and cannot randomly be taken away I will stick with a hard copy.