Photo
- - - - -

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS (Playstation 3 the Best) $39.99 shipped in play Asia

This game is regional free.

It is the lowest price I have seen.

Here we go!

http://www.play-asia...bp-70-5iav.html

#2 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Is it any good? Is there U.S. release for this game? Or perhaps an earlier version? Can't really tell from the pics, is it a 2v2 straight up fighting game or is it a Dynasty Warriors clone? I recall they made one with a Gundam theme, I'd be interested if that was the case here.

#3 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

This game is regional free.

It is the lowest price I have seen.

Here we go!

http://www.play-asia...bp-70-5iav.html

I thought it has been that way for awhile. I would have totally bought it if it wasn't for no Korean or semi-english subs.

Is it any good? Is there U.S. release for this game? Or perhaps an earlier version? Can't really tell from the pics, is it a 2v2 straight up fighting game or is it a Dynasty Warriors clone? I recall they made one with a Gundam theme, I'd be interested if that was the case here.

No English release. Your lucky if another Gundam game comes along now. I heard it is one of the best if not the best Gundam game.

New Years backlog completed: 14/100

EIPsyCongroo.png

#4 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I thought gundam crossfire was fun.

#5 Chikyujin

Chikyujin

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

It's not strictly a fighter, but it's a 3rd-person arcade action game. The Gundam Vs. series goes back about ten years now- Federation Vs. Zeon and Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam came out in the US for PS2. Capcom started the Vs. series based on an engine they created for their Spawn arcade game.

It's a fun series, and $40 is an amazingly good price. I just got this for about $60 shipped last month and felt like I got a great deal, so if you like Gundam or any of those older Vs. games I'd jump on this.

#6 StrikeZero

StrikeZero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

Honestly at this point I'd say just wait for Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. It's already released in the arcades for a whole year, so the PS3 version will probably come soon.

Full Boost is the new sequel to the Gundam Vs. franchise and adds lots of suits and new gameplay abilities.

#7 Xiemos

Xiemos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Honestly at this point I'd say just wait for Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost. It's already released in the arcades for a whole year, so the PS3 version will probably come soon.

Full Boost is the new sequel to the Gundam Vs. franchise and adds lots of suits and new gameplay abilities.

I was going to bite, but after hearing this, I should probably wait it out then. Don't want the game to become obsolete as soon as I buy it.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gundam Age worth watching? I am a Gundam fan, but I watched the first episode and it seriously turned me off.

#8 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

I was going to bite, but after hearing this, I should probably wait it out then. Don't want the game to become obsolete as soon as I buy it.

Slightly off-topic, but is Gundam Age worth watching? I am a Gundam fan, but I watched the first episode and it seriously turned me off.

Hard to say, they recently started releasing new DLC, so they might just support this one for another year.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#9 StrikeZero

StrikeZero

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

Gundam Age is only good in the 2nd generation. The other generations suck. If you are a big Gundam fan where you want to watch every single Gundam series then by all means watch Gundam Age. If you just want a new mecha series to watch then avoid Gundam Age.

#10 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still Encounters in Space IMO.

Journey to Jaburo had an even more awesome intro.

#11 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

Hard to say, they recently started releasing new DLC, so they might just support this one for another year.

They are still supporting it with DLC suits for at least another month. It seems like the DLC is some of the suits from Full Boost so far.

#12 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Agreed that game was fucking awesome.

EIPsyCongroo.png

#13 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Best Gundam game ever released in the US is still

#14 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

Man I almost can't not buy it at this price.

#15 Banana Peel Assassin

Banana Peel Assassin

RIP Arcade Infinity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:04 AM

pfft, nothin comes close to gundam side story.

(insert video here)
- StayFree( ' 3')

My selling thread...full of rare press only merch that you don't really need.

(gaming promos, posters, press kits, developer signed items, etc.)

#16 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Whenever that game does come (and it's not even announced AFAIK), it will cost at least $80 to import. What's wrong with getting this game now for $40? I hardly ever import anything but Best/Platinum Hits versions, and surely many others do the same.

-Paul Acevedo
Editor, Windows Central, iMore, and Android Central
Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo

Twitch: EastXTwitch - Watch my streams Saturday nights at 8pm Central and win prizes!

#17 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:42 AM

Now they just have to do a discount on Asian version E.X. Troopers and I'll be set.

#18 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

Now they just have to do a discount on Asian version E.X. Troopers and I'll be set.

Hey is the Asian version fully Japanese or does it have korean in it or any english subs to understand it?

EIPsyCongroo.png

#19 MechaGojira

MechaGojira

Custom User Title?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Is the online scene for this game still active? How extensive is the single player mode?

I've always had my eye on this game; big UC Gundam fan, but not very good with import games... Judging from some guides and videos, it looks like there's a pretty steep learning curve too! Maybe I'll sleep on my decision, unless someone convinces me it's a definite must-buy.

Also, the limited edition arcade stick for this game is pretty sweet looking, would definitely love to have one of those!
Posted Image

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hey is the Asian version fully Japanese or does it have korean in it or any english subs to understand it?

No English

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 PancakesAreLove

PancakesAreLove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

No English

I know I'm getting off track but is it somewhat easy to get into without know a lick of Japanese (assuming you played it).

EIPsyCongroo.png

#22 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Personally my favorite is Gundam Battle Universe for the PSP.

Crossfire really is a giant mountain of technical issues. But I like that too.

Also: If you are looking for a new Gundam show to watch and dont' mind it NOT being action focus and instead character focused. Watch Turn-A Gundam if you haven't already. Fuckin masterpiece of a show IMO.

#23 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

if only they would translate these games i'd buy some of them -.-

#24 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm looking into both Extreme VS and Senki Record UC 0081...

both are jap based, i know story line is all japanese, but what about menus...i was burned by ordering Yakuza Kenzan years ago and never got into it because EVERYTHING was in another language

596772.png

#25 C-Zero

C-Zero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

if only they would translate these games i'd buy some of them -.-

The best Gundam games never get translated.

Most of us could fully understand Japanese before this thing gets an official translation ( which is never).

#26 eilegz

eilegz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

Nice deal I got mine at launch for 100 dollar no regret :thumbup:

#27 Squall835

Squall835

Gamer without fear!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'm looking into both Extreme VS and Senki Record UC 0081...

both are jap based, i know story line is all japanese, but what about menus...i was burned by ordering Yakuza Kenzan years ago and never got into it because EVERYTHING was in another language

The menus for 0081 are in english, but all of the parts/weapons you'll upgrade the mobile suits with are in Japanese, which makes that portion of the game a slight pain. Still, I imported it knowing absolutely no Japanese and was able to play it without much trouble. It's definitely worth it.

Can anyone comment on the single player for this? I watched some videos on youtube, but it just looks like 2 vs 2 combat. I seem to remember the PS2 Vs. games having fun single player modes, but I may be confusing those with a different Gundam game.

#28 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Extreme Vs is extremely easy to play for non-Jap speakers. It's my first game I've played in another language, and I have really had little to no trouble. Anyone on the fence for that reason can go ahead and order it without worry.

Check out my YouTube channel for collection updates, games industry discussion, and game analysis!
http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

My Blog for more in depth looks at video games (and even anime!): http://helldestroyer77.blogspot.com/

#29 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:49 PM

How long does play Asia deliver the gsme to my house for free economic shipping?

#30 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

How long does play Asia deliver the gsme to my house for free economic shipping?

usually 2-3 weeks for me in DE

596772.png