Photo
- - - - -

Gamestop.com: Wii/DS Stacked Promo B1G75%off (with CAG16+PUR, it's better than B1G1)

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

So I was shopping on Gamestop.com for some games (surprise surprise, still hoping for Xenoblade restock), and saw the Wii/PS2 B1G50%. It unfortunately makes it so you can't mix and match the two systems (you need 2+ PS2 for the qualifying discount, or 2+ Wii, not 1x PS2 and 1x Wii). Then while shuffling games around to get the most out of my money and value of games, I noticed the following two promos got applied:

50DSWII - Buy any pre-owened Wii or DS game, get the second 50% off! Expires 02/02/13. Other restrictions may apply.
B1G50OFF - WII - Buy any pre-owned Wii game, get the second 50% off! Expires 2/17/2013. Other restictions may apply.

So say I grabbed two copies of Epic Mickey, $17.99 each. Subtotal is $35.98. After the two promos kicked it, the total is $25.78. So it's roughly 76% off the second game IF it's a Wii OR a DS game. No Wii U or 3DS here.

If you apply CAG16 and PUR (total additional discount of 26%), you grand total is $17 + tax and shipping (or no shipping if you have more stuff and qualify for SAVER) for two copies of Epic Mickey for the Wii.

I got Epic Mickey 2 (Wii), Godzilla Unleashed (Wii), Dark Cloud 2 (PS2), and Shadow Hearts (PS2) for $59.51 and tax.

Tips and tricks:

- The lowest valued games all get the discount even if you have Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and 10 copies of That's so Raven in your cart.
- Make use of the SAVER code (free value shipping on orders $24.99+ pre-tax)
- Get the best value and make separate transactions containing similar priced games (so that you don't end up with 5 free copies of That's so Raven while paying full price on $45 games)
- Requires 2x Wii games to double dip, otherwise things caluclate as normal if you have 1 Wii and 1 DS game.
- HOWEVER if you have something like 2x Wii games and 1x DS game, BOTH the 2nd Wii and the 1 DS games get the 50% off. Sweet!
- And if you have 2x Wii games and 2x DS games in your cart, the highest priced Wii game is reg price but the other 3 are half off. Radical!
- CAG16 for 16% off
- Birthday code doesn't work, niether does the 15% off pre-own game from the previous PUR Deal of the Week
- Great for picking up expensive Nintendo titles that hardly go down in MSRP
- Online only
- If the games arrive to your home in unsatisfactory condition, swap at your local Gamestop.

Have fun guys!

Edited by SEGAMew, 30 January 2013 - 10:11 AM.
Added tips and tricks

#2 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

nice but it's a gamble for the complete/condition of disc especially for old ps2 games

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#3 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

So I take it this wouldn't work in store?

#4 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

It doesn't work in store, I bought a Wii and a DS game two nights ago.

nice but it's a gamble for the complete/condition of disc especially for old ps2 games

Well if you're getting something priced $10 or higher (better $20+), you may get the original case. Wouldn't keep my hopes up on anything $5 or less definitely.

Edited by SEGAMew, 04 February 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#5 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

So you can only double dip if you buy 2 wii games?

I am playing around with it right now.

#6 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:35 AM

At a minimum, 1 Wii and 1 DS game 2 Wii games for the double dip. The lowest priced games get the discount. For every pair, one should at least be a Wii game (so no double dip on 2x DS games). It is a bit tricky to work if your games aren't in similar price ranges (so that would require a separate transaction so you can maximize your savings).

Edited by SEGAMew, 30 January 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#7 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I can only get the double discount on 2 wii games it seems. I am trying with one wii and one ds game of varying prices and it isn't cooperating.

#8 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Ah whoops, must only be two Wii games then ^^; Probably should have tested a bit more with the DS games.

#9 Blinddog

Blinddog

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:46 AM

Well, still, if you want 2 wii games, this is pretty sweet. Good find.

#10 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Yeah looking back at my previous order, if that $20 Phoenix Wright game was a $25 Wii game, my total bill would be $3 less.

*redos order*

#11 Derextreme

Derextreme

Do you even Sony?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

still not a bad deal on ds games. especially pokemon games, and i got saver to stack too. platinum and white version 37.75 after tax. thanks op

405831.png               sig.gif

2014 completed games tab

#12 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

still not a bad deal on ds games. especially pokemon games, and i got saver to stack too. platinum and white version 37.75 after tax. thanks op

Not bad no but I was quite excited for it to work as described for DS games.

I have been wanting to nab Soul Silver for a while now but even with this it is only worth it if I really wanted another DS game around $30... which I don't : /

#13 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

^You could grab a Wii game for around the $30 price and still get the same discount.

#14 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

too bad this isn't in store. I never buy from GS.com. You get a poorly resurfaced POS with no case/manual 90% of the time. Usually doesn't even have the resurfacing goop washed off
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#15 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

As long as you do separate Orders that add up to at least 24$ you should be golden. (For Saver)Otherwise it will just give you all the cheapest games 50% off. (For example I added $642.57 worth of games to my cart, and after CAG16,B1G50 and PUR it was only $456.78 ) (i'm gonna do a separate tally to see what it ends up being with separate transactions. Not through buying but adding games to the cart, getting the total, writing each total down and then adding them all up)

And of course if you don't mind taking a chance that you will likely end up with a POS.

#16 SEGAMew

SEGAMew

Sonic Obsessed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

Added tips and tricks to first post.

#17 MrBonk

MrBonk

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:37 AM

Ok, so I did the math and some adjustments.

682.56 Worth of games.

In 19 separate transactions ALL qualifying for SAVER

After Discount: 376.88(PUR+B1G50+CAG16+SAVER)

Difference in Percentage: ~45%

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Original Order
642.57 worth of games
Original bulk order was ~29% Off 456.78

#18 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Thanks OP. Put in 4 separate orders and landed a decent amount of stuff on my Wii and DS collection want lists.

Not going to hold my breath, but hopefully some of it actually shows up complete and in decent condition. Otherwise I'll just return it all at the GS down the road. Worth a shot in the dark at those discount rates.

#19 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

thanks op, in for mario party 9 and mario sports mix... it's like B1G1 essentially.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Smart As, :3ds: Bravely Default, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#20 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Thanks OP, going to give Pikmin a try...

#21 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Can I price match on amazon?... Jk:lol:
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#22 Oxyric

Oxyric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Can I price match on amazon?... Jk:lol:

Lol I laughed a lot. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

#23 kube00

kube00

Grammar Hammer!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Thanks ops

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#24 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Oh wow, this really rocks! Picked up Monster Hunter Tri and Okami :)

Now here is hoping the come with case and manual. Anyone know if a GS store will hook me up with the original case/manual if the online order doesn't come with one?

#25 deathscythe

deathscythe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

- The lowest valued games all get the discount even if you have Xenoblade Chronicles, New Super Mario Bros Wii, and 10 copies of That's so Raven in your cart.

I'm just excited I can finally get my 10 copies of That's so Raven for cheap.

#26 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Nice find OP! However (as expected), GS the fucken assholes has risen most of the prices... some of the games I brought a month ago that were at $15 are now $20! Just so you know you aren't exactly getting as great as you might think...
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#27 RPGamer246

RPGamer246

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting!

#28 ZeroUnderOne

ZeroUnderOne

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Can anyone list some of the wii titles that are worth it? It's been years since I've used my wii and I just ordered a wii u and got xenoblade chronicles and the last story in store, what used wii titles are worth getting!

Metroid Prime Trilogy or Prime 3
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Kirby's Dream Collection
Monster Hunter Tri
Okami
Pikmin 1 and 2
Mario Kart Wii
Smash Bros Brawl
Muramasa
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn
Mario Part 9
Punchout
Super Paper Mario
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Last Story
Tales of Symphonia
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Zelda Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess
DAT Mario Galaxy 1 and 2

#29 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Tempted to get Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver for $44 but still too much imo. Great deal but I'll wait to get these later on. Thanks OP for the help though!

#30 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Online only is a killer. I generally prefer to have the original packaging and manual when possible.

oIi9lub.png