Band Hero/GH/PowerGig Bundles Xbox/Ps3 $29.99 at Tuesday Morning Stores 2/10

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Six6Sick

Six6Sick

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

There's a store in Dallas Texas called "Tuesday Morning" I'm not sure if there is more of these stores in other states you can check.Starting Feb.10 Band Hero (full set guitar, drums ,and mic for $29.99 reg $159

#2 kraftwerks

kraftwerks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

There are definitely Tuesday Morning stores in Upstate NY.

#3 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yep, I know of a few over in Western NY, too. Lol...I'm really tempted to check it out even though I already have the game and the last thing I need is another set of toy instruments taking up space among my real instruments. But I've been using the Rock Band drums for the Guitar Hero games...hrrmm... Are the Band Hero drums worth it to play the 5 lane drum charts instead of the dumbed down 4 lane charts?

#4 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Never heard of Tuesday Morning, so chances are there aren't any around here. Shame, I've been meaning to upgrade from the Wii games to 360/PS3, and this would have been pretty good.

#5 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

I had never heard of this store, but it turns out we do have them. Thanks for the heads up! I may check it out as I only have RB1 instruments. :( Thanks OP!!

#6 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

These stores exist in Minnesota, I go there sometimes for scrapbooking stuff. They have tons of other random things but rarely videogames. Kind of reminds of TJ Maxx.

They had books for a penny one time. They were terrible...

#7 TheCro

TheCro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

I don't know if it was just the bundle I bought from Newegg, but the drum set that came with my Band Hero Kit was fucking terrible. All the the wires for it were crumbling apart and the pedal doesn't even work.

#8 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Huh, turns out there's five of them within 15 miles of me. I've been dying for another Rock Band guitar, but the outrageous prices might just make me get another GH guitar, instead (but I really, really like using the solo buttons on the Squiers - I know it's weird).

#9 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Wow, never heard of them before but apparently they do have stores in socal and I've drove past one a thousand times without ever noticing them.

Thanks for the heads up OP!!!
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#10 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

I actually was at one last week and they had some Tony Hawk Ride packs as well. Yeah, not usually a place where you find video games, but you can find all sorts of stuff that retailers are trying to get rid of.
Posted Image

#11 brennjc

brennjc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

I just placed an order for a bundle (at $29.99) on their website. The transaction was smooth and I got a confirmation email once I placed the order. Here's the URL for the kit...

http://www.tuesdaymo...360/1279578.jsp

#12 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't know if it was just the bundle I bought from Newegg, but the drum set that came with my Band Hero Kit was fucking terrible. All the the wires for it were crumbling apart and the pedal doesn't even work.

No, I think that was a well documented problem since launch. I’m pretty sure if you contact Activision they will replace your drums. I know they still were replacing them as of a few months ago, worth a shot now I’d say.

#13 DreamSymphony

DreamSymphony

The Invisible Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

No, I think that was a well documented problem since launch. I’m pretty sure if you contact Activision they will replace your drums. I know they still were replacing them as of a few months ago, worth a shot now I’d say.

It is a common problem with these drum sets about 50% of them have defective wire casing on kick pedal and some on the cymbal wiring as well. Activision will replace these however on their warranty website.

#14 theemadgamer

theemadgamer

SILENCE! I keel you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

Yeah, the midi cable in mine was junk but it was clear someone had opened the box and replaced parts because my drum kit and foot pedal were brand new and in perfect working order.

#15 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

If you are only interested in the instruments for PS3, just grab the PS2 bundle from Gamestop for $19.99 - they are the same.

The drums in this kit are the same as the ones that came with Guitar Hero: World Tour and the wire coating will disintegrate.

#16 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Hmm. I didn't know about the wire troubles. That may change my plans. I'm not sure I want to deal with warranty repairs.

#17 UberSwiss

UberSwiss

Cheap Suits?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I just ordered one from their website. Thanks OP!
Currently Playing:
:360: Halo 4/NBA 2k13
:ps3: Assassins Creed 3

Posted Image

#18 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Never heard of Tuesday Morning, so chances are there aren't any around here. Shame, I've been meaning to upgrade from the Wii games to 360/PS3, and this would have been pretty good.

Good to know they aren't near your room..
I have never heard heard of them in my location.

#19 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I bought a Ps2 one from GS the wires were okay except the pedal and right cymbal.

#20 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Thanks just bought one for PS3, been wanting the guitar to play GH3 and the drums and mic are a good bonus so I can play with my girl!
Posted Image

#21 Blade3D

Blade3D

Grandmaster Swag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:25 AM

wouldn't mind having a backup set

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

181104.pngblade3d.png

#22 RedFoxCommando

RedFoxCommando

I Am Spartacus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

I had no idea Tuesday Morning carried video games. Weird.

#23 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Dj hero (360) with turn table 14.99 and tony hawk ride with board 19.99 on website as well

xivpads.png

#24 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Stopped in today and didn't see any band bundles, but they had a treasure trove of other leftovers...from Guitar Hero WT/5 guitar bundles to PS2 Aerosmith guitar bundles (think most of the bundles were $15-20) to Tony Hawk Ride/Shred ($20) to DJ Hero 1 and 2 bundles ($15 or $20 I think) to the DS Guitar Hero games ($5-15 each) to PS3/Wii Rock Band 3 keyboards ($20) and beyond.

#25 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Stopped in today and didn't see any band bundles, but they had a treasure trove of other leftovers...from Guitar Hero WT/5 guitar bundles to PS2 Aerosmith guitar bundles (think most of the bundles were $15-20) to Tony Hawk Ride/Shred ($20) to DJ Hero 1 and 2 bundles ($15 or $20 I think) to the DS Guitar Hero games ($5-15 each) to PS3/Wii Rock Band 3 keyboards ($20) and beyond.

Hmm, there is one near me. Never gave it a 2nd thought - always thought it was like home goods or something in there. Guess I should check it out if there's some decent stuff there.

#26 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:18 AM

Never been in one, but I know they exist around here in Alabama. Might have to check on one of these bundles.

#27 Nightmarecast25

Nightmarecast25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Wait. So I did a store locator for my zip code and it just lead me to a Sears Outlet Center......... am I missing something? lol I mean it's close to me but.......... I dunno.

#28 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

huh, apparently I have one within about 8 miles of my house. Never even heard of it. Sad to hear the drum sets are so notoriously bad though, my niece and nephew wanted a new one to replace the one my 4 year old nephew destroyed. Might have to go take a look though.

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#29 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Went to the one store that was on this side of the Ohio River and found nothing but PS2/PS3 bundles (pretty much the usual suspects like DJ Hero, GH World Tour, and just two Band Heroes). Nothing for me, in other words. Store looked like a typical Goodwill, too.

#30 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Like a couple others mentioned, you can contact Activision about the crappy drums in this set, send them back (they paid for my shipping) and receive the better build for free.