Photo
- - - - -

Cleaning Super NES Slot

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 J7.

J7.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

How do you clean your Super NES cartridge slot on the system itself? I was thinking of putting some rubbing alcohol on one of my carts and inserting it many times into the SNES slot. I heard you can use a credit card but I'm not sure what to use with it.

#2 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:15 PM

That's what I do. I use a shitty cart and soak it with 90%. Insert in out in out . Clean with q-tip. Repeat.

#3 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Nintendo also made those breakaway cartridge things. I have one for my NES and I think they're fairly cheap.
Posted Image

#4 J7.

J7.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

That's what I do. I use a shitty cart and soak it with 90%. Insert in out in out . Clean with q-tip. Repeat.

90%? So you clean the cart with a q-tip in between?

Nintendo also made those breakaway cartridge things. I have one for my NES and I think they're fairly cheap.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

#5 TiKi2

TiKi2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

I meant 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. I wouldn't use 70% alcohol. I qtip alcohol on the cart and stick it in and out a few times then qtip the cart/clean the pins then stick it in and out a few more times.

#6 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:08 PM

I have no idea what you're talking about.

This is what he's talking about, I think he meant to say SNES.

Posted Image
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#7 J7.

J7.

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I meant 91% Isopropyl Alcohol. I wouldn't use 70% alcohol. I qtip alcohol on the cart and stick it in and out a few times then qtip the cart/clean the pins then stick it in and out a few more times.

Oh my bad. That's what I'm gonna do then.

Posted Image

Oh I used to have that. I bought it because of my experiences with the NES and trying to compete with my friends collections, it looked like a game on the shelf :lol:

#8 KillerRamen

KillerRamen

OMG Lilac PSP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

I actually only have the one for the NES, but I knew the SNES had one too.
Posted Image

#9 FOnewearl

FOnewearl

Whooooooooa Bundy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

I actually only have the one for the NES, but I knew the SNES had one too.

I never realized that the NES one also opened up and had stuff inside to clean NES games, hence the reason I thought you meant SNES.
62 Guides For Trade Brand Then Alphatized Updated 3-6-10.

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=36537

#10 J7.

J7.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Ha I forgot the NES even had one.

#11 DuelLadyS

DuelLadyS

Basch Lives!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've got system cleaning carts for SNES, NES, and Game Boy- but before I got ahold of them, I'd take an old credit card, wrap it in dry CD wipes, and spray that with the alcohol. It's not the best- the wipes tend to shift- but it'll do in a pinch.

#12 Buried On Mars

Buried On Mars

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Believe it or not, AW-40 makes for a way better cleaning agent for NES/SNES games than rubbing alcohol. I don't expect you to believe a random comment from some dude on the intranet so here is the youtube video were I got the tip from.

I had a problem with carts in my N64 and I used AW-40 and a toothbruch to clean out the slot. Works like a charm now.
Check out my disastrously clever youtube channel http://www.youtube.c...r/BuriedOnMars/