• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1015 replies to this topic

#1 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

RIP Percy :(

Edited by davo1224, 07 March 2013 - 04:27 AM.

#2 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

Predictable as hell, but I loved Scott Steiner turning on Rick.

#3 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:05 AM

Truth turning heel on Morrison was good since Morrison took his title shot. Punk turning heel on The Rock was also predictable but with good reason.

#4 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:33 AM

Pardon me. Gonna carry this into this new thread.

Have you ever witness bookies shit the bed on straight bets on WWE matches, Chase? I'm just curious if anybody has ever messed up like give underdog odds to Goldberg during The Streak.

I've only been a serious bettor for give-or-take eight months, so I dunno about Billy G. ;) However, last year, I do recall smaller underdog wins happening on WWE cards. Like +300 and below. I think I loss a parlay because The Shield(?) won when they were +300 underdogs. (For today's card, they were around +250 last night and apparently -1200 tonight. Huge smart money came in on them.)

However, in terms of massive +1000-or-greater underdogs and -1000-or-greater favorites, upsets happen. That's one reason why I grew to study tennis. Example: I went five consecutive months hitting +1000 underdogs. And, last week, I hit my first one in 2013 for a few K. Feels good, man.

#5 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

Crap. Originally posted this in the old thread:

They're not giving the main event much time. 10:31 and the bell just rung.

#6 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Last month the table broke too soon. This month the table refused to break. :rofl:

New sig coming soon.

#7 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

Did Vince Russo book this shit?

New sig coming soon.

#8 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

I don't care who won. That match fucking sucked. Two ref bumps, a manager bump, a stipulation that never really came into play. Just horrible.

#9 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:20 AM

I don't care who won. That match fucking sucked. Two ref bumps, a manager bump, a stipulation that never really came into play. Just horrible.

Just what more did you want from the match? Punk looked strong, took multiple finishers. Sure, I wanted him to win also, but he's now got a legit gripe to get into Wrestlemania.

#10 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:23 AM

What I wanted was a good match to watch. Like I said, I didn't care who won. I'm not a Punk mark, far from it actually. The match was a clusterfuck. Like Demo Man said, it was a Russo special.

#11 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Enjoy your vacation, Demo Man. :lol:

#12 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:36 AM

Removed the post. Sorry folks.

New sig coming soon.

#13 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Looks like Undertaker isn't coming back, given that main event match.

So...there was one Elimination Chamber match at a PPV called "Elimination Chamber." I would love to know who actually buys PPVs anymore. Demanding children?
Posted Image

#14 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

If you couldn't see the booking direction for the outcome of two of tonights matches from the longwinded promo given on Raw by a certain person and their manager, then you are oblivious to WWE booking anymore.
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#15 neocisco

neocisco

I am Groot!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

Looks like Undertaker isn't coming back, given that main event match.

So...there was one Elimination Chamber match at a PPV called "Elimination Chamber." I would love to know who actually buys PPVs anymore. Demanding children?

Have you seen some of those reaction videos, like the fat kid slamming his belt on the floor? WWE's bread and butter, right there. Regular pillars of the community.

Now playing (& watching):
:dvd:-Robot Chicken season 4

:dvd:-Blade Anime
My tradelist:http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=116943
35bb9lx.gif

#16 Demolition Man

Demolition Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:22 AM

Have you seen some of those reaction videos, like the fat kid slamming his belt on the floor? WWE's bread and butter, right there. Regular pillars of the community.

For those who haven't seen the video...

And the follow up to said video...

New sig coming soon.

#17 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Forgive me for shilling but I've got a blog where I review old wrestling shows with screen caps and everything. I do a ton of old MSG shows and a series of WWF Primetime reviews. Right now, I'm giving away the first of many prizes to come. Please feel free to check it out at http://stevegraps.blogspot.com. I don't see too much stuff talked about from the 70's and 80's here so I figured I'd get in my own little niche!

I'm giving away an old Observer newsletter and I can't seem to get anyone to enter so maybe you guys would like to. Here's the info for it ripped from my site...

1...Follow me on Twitter @stevesgraps and look for my contest tweet and then re-tweet it to your followers

2...Email me at stevesgraps@yahoo.com and tell me you want to win

3...Comment on any post of mine on my blog at stevegraps.blogspot.com until March 1st

4...Refer anyone to my blog and have them do any of the prior three steps. Be sure to mention to them to note your referral.

From now until March 1st, you can enter and after that date I will put everyone's name into a hat and pick one. I will contact you, get your info, and gladly mail the prize to you! You can enter as many times as you do any of the above ways but only once for number two!
Posted Image

#18 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Interesting that The Shield won. Glad they did, but I thought maybe they'd lose here and that gimmick would be phased out. Nice to see them emphasize that they're a really good "team" who can outsmart any other makeshift 3 man combo. Assuming they'll get their comeuppance at Mania, but that's fine.

If 'Taker's not coming back this year it's fine with me. He's clearly not ready for it, and with Punk supposedly banged up as well it probably would't be the best it could be. Have him come back for next year and give him a decent sendoff. With Lesnar and Rock both at this year's they probably won't be struggling to grab non-hardcore fan interest anyway.
Posted Image

#19 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Dang. I know these people exist, but am still amazed they do. I think it would be safe to simply rename the lowest-performing members of modern society (economically, intellectually, etc.) the "WWE Universe" instead of, say, the "bottom 20%."

Thanks for the blog, Steve. Looks interesting, and will try to read if I have time.
Posted Image

#20 steveovig

steveovig

WadeBoggsCarpet Warehouse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

Dang. I know these people exist, but am still amazed they do. I think it would be safe to simply rename the lowest-performing members of modern society (economically, intellectually, etc.) the "WWE Universe" instead of, say, the "bottom 20%."

Thanks for the blog, Steve. Looks interesting, and will try to read if I have time.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
Posted Image

#21 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

So what's this announcement they're streaming on YouTube?

#22 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

So what's this announcement they're streaming on YouTube?

Probably announcing the superdome as the location for WM30. Thanks for the reminder - just watched brodus clay dance and jiggle his way through a small room of totally uninterested news reporters. hilarious.

EDIT: :rofl: even the mayor of NOLA gets entrance music.

At least the WM XXX (heh) logo is pretty sweet, design wise - it's a purple fleur de lis that turns into the "XXX."

EDIT2: Dang, McMahon is upright and walking like he didn't have hip surgery two weeks ago. Astonishing and impressive.
Posted Image

#23 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

EDIT2: Dang, McMahon is upright and walking like he didn't have hip surgery two weeks ago. Astonishing and impressive.

The man is the truest definition of a Genetic Jackhammer!
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#24 Supreme0ne

Supreme0ne

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

new thread so hopefully nobody minds if i post this again:

I won a WWE twitter contest back in November and finally received these tickets. I have 2 tickets to wrestlemania ($150 face value) and 2 general admission tickets to axxess the night before from 6-10pm ($90 face value)

wrestlemania tickets arent too bad. they're in the higest level concourse (section 324, 5th row) but almost directly across from the set.

id like to sell the whole group together for $200. price is negotiable. send me a PM if interested. thanks
-Insert witty or meaningful quote here.-

#25 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

^ I'm thinking about it, thanks for the reminder. I could go $150 if someone doesn't bite before me.

Part of me is thinking "hey, this is your chance to go to wrestlemania live!" and part of me is thinnking "del rio vs swagger? rock vs cena? more like wrestle-meh-nia, amirite guys? guys?"
Posted Image

#26 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Part of me is thinking "hey, this is your chance to go to wrestlemania live!" and part of me is thinnking "del rio vs swagger? rock vs cena? more like wrestle-meh-nia, amirite guys? guys?"

Posted Image

:-P

#27 MisterModest

MisterModest

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Part of me is thinking "hey, this is your chance to go to wrestlemania live!"

As a young wrestling fan, I always wanted to go to a WrestleMania. I suppose it would be a dream for many young wrestling fans of the 80's and 90's to go to a WrestleMania.

Well, I got to live that dream and go to WrestleMania 22 in 2006, and it sucked. I got free tickets too, from Nick "Eugene" Dinsmore, who wrestled on the pre-show Battle Royal.

RVD winning the MITB, JBL/Benoit, and Edge/Foley were good. The rest of the card sucked. Big Show & Kane/Carlito & Masters for the tag titles, Boogeyman/Booker T, Undertaker/Mark Henry in a casket match, Shawn Michaels/Vince McMahon, a 10 minute 3-Way World Title match with Mysterio/Angle/Orton, and Cena/Triple H for the WWE Title. Also, the guy sitting in front of me got pissed off at me for booing Cena.

I wouldn't go again, unless the matches had a chance of being something special. For me, Del Rio/Swagger and Rock/Cena do not.

#28 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Dinsmore's a good dude. I agree with the general sentiment, though hindsight is stronger than foresight. ;)

Like I said, if someone doesn't bite for $200 (a reasonable offer), I'll go $150. Part of it is deciding whether I'll drive (it's only 60-90 minutes) up the night before for Axxess or not - which means putting out for a hotel. Or driving back; either way.
Posted Image

#29 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Back around the mid 90s I would have killed to go to WM. Of course I was a 13 year old kid and wrestling still seemed fucking awesome. Now it's just...I don't know. I'm sure part of it is that I've grown since then, but I know it's also that the product I grew up loving to watch doesn't really exist anymore.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#30 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

I think it's cool that the Wrestlemania XXX logo pays homage to wrestlemania X by using the same color scheme.

http://therealwrestl...3/feb27pic5.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f...ic_HOMEPAGE.jpg