- - - - -

Free $10 Newegg Gift Card after buying McAfee

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

http://promotions.ne...x-landing.html?

McAfee Total Protection 2013 - 3 PCs $65 <--- Free after Mail in rebate plus bonus $10 newegg gift card.

If you click on the first link you will also find some other free after mail in rebate items, like the 2 free PC games and even some Artic thermal paste.

I know this is not directly related to video games but that $10 newegg gift card could get you a good discount off a video game. ;)

#2 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

C'mon son.

#3 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

I hear bad bad crap about McAfee

#4 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Who the hell pays for virus protection? (even with the rebate) Free Avast FTW!

#5 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

So it's free if you pay $65 for something you can get for free.

Got it.

#6 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

pay $65 to get $10 off a game later?!?!

#7 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

I don't think my wife would be too happy if I went through the effort to get this $10

Posted Image

#8 bg2001

bg2001

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

What part of "free after rebate" don't you people understand?

#9 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Who the hell pays for virus protection? (even with the rebate) Free Avast FTW!

How is Avast?

#10 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Right string, wrong yo-yo.

#11 Mad dog

Mad dog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

What part of "free after rebate" don't you people understand?

I think it's the part where a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Posted Image

#12 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

How is Avast?

I have had no problems with it at all. It has caught a few things before my computer downloaded it (real time shields), so thats a plus. It updates daily automatically (the woman's voice announcing the update sometimes scares the shit out of me as my volume is sometimes turned up and I dont expect the announcement, lol) and it has cloud protection services, which I dont really use. There is a paid version, but the free one is good enough for me (has saved me a few times before a virus could do any harm to my computer) Now, no protection is 100% effective, but Avast is recommended by me and is also used by all my buddies at work.

#13 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Yeah - I wouldn't ever put that Sludge program on my computer.

That and Nortons takes waaaaaaaaay too much memory or processing power and hurts performance.

Besides, they suck. Lol

xivpads.png

#14 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah - I wouldn't ever put that Sludge program on my computer.

That and Nortons takes waaaaaaaaay too much memory or processing power and hurts performance.

Besides, they suck. Lol

I really don't understand this. I have Norton on my computer and it barely takes up any resources. Maybe for lower end computers it does this, but seriously, memory is so cheap there's not many excuses as to why a shortage of memory should EVER be a bottleneck on your computer (except maybe laptops where you're kinda stuck with what you get).

Either way, this seems like a lot of effort just to get $10, but if you're in need of virus protection anyways, probably not the worst deal.

#15 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

I really don't understand this. I have Norton on my computer and it barely takes up any resources. Maybe for lower end computers it does this, but seriously, memory is so cheap there's not many excuses as to why a shortage of memory should EVER be a bottleneck on your computer (except maybe laptops where you're kinda stuck with what you get).

Either way, this seems like a lot of effort just to get $10, but if you're in need of virus protection anyways, probably not the worst deal.

You would have more resources available if you used another program, such as AVAST!, and have much better security.

xivpads.png

#16 Central Scrutinizer

Central Scrutinizer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

it updates daily automatically (the woman's voice announcing the update sometimes scares the shit out of me as my volume is sometimes turned up and i dont expect the announcement, lol)

avast virus database has been updated....i'm sure your neighbors are glad to know this, too!

#17 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

You would have more resources available if you used another program, such as AVAST!, and have much better security.

What happened to the love for AVG?

#18 AwRy108

AwRy108

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

Microsoft Security Essentials is 100% free forever, completely secure, and contains zero bloatware. AVG and AVAST are decent alternatives if, for some reason, you hate Microsoft software.

#19 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Misleading title is Misleading

#20 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

Go post on slickdeals and GTFO. This is not a CAG deal.

#21 GenoWhirl621

GenoWhirl621

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Pay $65 now, get $65 dollars back in 8-10 weeks +$10 Newegg gift card. Sounds good to me.

#22 htz

htz

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

Was wondering where my thread went. Sorry about the title, got the newegg email in the morning and was running late so I didn't have time to make a better title.

P.S. Thanks to the mod who added the mcafee part.