• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3635 replies to this topic

#1 JP

JP

Member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

New thread: http://www.cheapassg....php?p=10756146

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. Second post has the values for games/hardware for Microsoft devices. Third post has the values for games/hardware for Nintendo consoles and the fourth post has the values for Nintendo handhelds. Fifth post has the values for games/hardware for Sony consoles and the sixth post has the values for Sony handhelds.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Power Up Rewards Change:
[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']In 4 markets from April 30-June 9 there's going to be a change to Powerup Pro subscriptions/renewals. I believe it's the 4 markets that first beta tested PUR, but not sure on that. I know my market (STL) beta tested PUR and now this.

The base price of PUR Pro is staying at $14.99 but that is only for a digital subscription to the magazine. If you want the physical magazine, it will come with the digital sub, but at a price of $19.99. This affects all new subs/renewals in the 4 markets for the above period, with a likely national rollout later this year.

No matter how much you complain in the four markets this is happening in, store managers, area managers, district managers, whatever, will be unable to get you a print subscription for $14.99.

If you're wanting print, I would suggest renewing your PUR Pro this weekend before this kicks in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #1']Can you just let the group know the next trade value is

Trade 3 get 10, trade 5 get 20, trade 7 get 35 games must be a minimum of 3.00 to qualify.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee #2']So GS stores should soon be receiving physical Amazon gift cards to put into their gift cards racks to be sold. They are labeled as Kindle cards but we all know how that works. Seems to be a chain-wide thing as my store is the home store of an area manager (step below district manager) and we had a long conversation about this today so it's not meant as some type of backup to a promo like the digital codes were.

On a note if you want to know more about the GS clientele, we have also gotten Shell gas cards in the same shipment. Since all Circle K stations are Shell stations, we are now able to stop having as many cash trades and get people to go credit to get the gas cards (I did it twice yesterday although I had to sell them a copy of MLB 2K8 to get them over $25 on one of the transactions.)

Our store is so physically small these are the first non console/Steam/WoW/SWTOR we've gotten, no YUM cards or anything like that for us until this week. At our store, I estimate about 2/3 of our cash trades are for gas, the other 1/3 have to assume are for drugs. So hopefully we don't have to give out as much cash now.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

30% extra credit towards select products. (Ends 6/2/13)
Spoiler

Trade 3/5/7 games get extra $10/20/35 credit (Ends 6/2/13)
Spoiler

$50 Wii to WiiU Upgrade Offer (Ends 6/2/13)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Trade 2 eligible games get new game for $9.99 (Ends 6/2/13)

Spoiler

Spoiler

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)

Spoiler

Spoiler

FAQ

Spoiler

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JP, 21 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#2 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

:360: Xbox 360 Hardware
Spoiler

:360: Xbox 360 Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 21 May 2013 - 01:06 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#3 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

*DISCLAIMER* These prices and dates are supplied by the CAG community, and as such there aren't always regular updates on every title. The dates at the edge of each game give an idea of when it last received that amount. If the quote is older than 3 days, the likelihood is that the value went down. Not always the case but something to keep in mind. If there is no date by the game, it means it hasn't been traded in since io originally started the thread. These values are always just a way to give an idea of what to expect, not actual returns. There is no guarantee involved that these prices are 100% accurate.

Posted Image Nintendo Wii U Hardware
Spoiler

Posted Image Wii U Games

Spoiler

:wii: Nintendo Wii Hardware
Spoiler

:wii:Nintendo Wii Games

Spoiler

Edited by JP, 20 May 2013 - 08:15 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#4 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

:3ds: Nintendo 3DS Hardware
Spoiler

:3ds:Nintendo 3DS Games

Spoiler

:ds: Nintendo DS Hardware
Spoiler

:ds:Nintendo DS Games
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 20 May 2013 - 08:12 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#5 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Posted ImagePlaystation 3 Hardware
Spoiler

Posted ImagePlaystation 3 Games
Spoiler

Posted ImageSony Playstation 2 Hardware *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Posted ImageSony Playstation 2 Games *No longer accept as of June 1st, 2013*
Spoiler

Edited by JP, 21 May 2013 - 01:58 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#6 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

:psp: Playstation Vita Hardware
Spoiler

:psp: Playstation Vita Games
Spoiler

:psp: Sony PSP Hardware
Spoiler

:psp: Sony PSP Games
Spoiler

Apple
http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/

Android Tablets
http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/

Edited by JP, 20 May 2013 - 01:57 PM.

all-banner.jpg

#7 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Nice new thread!

Fail man, just fail.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

bang bang what's the hang

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

2/19
:360:Crysis 3: $22

536739.png

#9 JP

JP

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Fail man, just fail.

I didn't even see it. Son of a.....oh well. One of the mods, probably io, will notice it and clean it up later.

all-banner.jpg

#10 miguelq08

miguelq08

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

Dragon's Dogma (360) - 17
Sly Cooper: TiT (PS3) - 15

#11 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

was there a sale on skyward sword? seems a bunch of people posted values recently.

does anyone know if I can trade in the GOW Saga discs separately?

#12 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:28 AM

3ds
Paper Mario: Sticker Star $16
Sims 3: $6
Resident Evil: Mercenaries $4
New Super Mario Bros. 2 $18

Vita
Persona 4: Golden $16
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus $6

Surprised on how high the TIV for NSMB2 is.

#13 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Fail man, just fail.

LMFAO!:lol:

------------------
Oops! These are from 2/3
All base, all :360::

Halo 3 ODST - $3.50
Halo 3 - $3
Halo Wars - $7
Halo Reach - $6
GTA IV - $9
Sonic Unleashed - $8

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#14 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

was there a sale on skyward sword? seems a bunch of people posted values recently.

Yup, Best Buy had it on sale for $19.99 over the weekend through Presidents' Day.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#15 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:53 AM

Yup, Best Buy had it on sale for $19.99 over the weekend through Presidents' Day.

damn. I already have 2 copies of the one with CD but wanted to see if I could find a 2nd edition ver without cd.

#16 Lemstar

Lemstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:00 AM

Probably not very useful, but TIV for a 4GB slim 360 was still $60 when I took mine in on the 17th.

#17 panda911

panda911

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

Love new threads. These were from Monday, the 18th.

Halo 4 -- 20
Playstation All-Stars BR -- 16

#18 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

Has anyone traded in the Hitman HD collection yet?

#19 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Skyward Sword was also $20 at Target about a month or so ago.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#20 DealSeeker2U

DealSeeker2U

Seize the deal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

2/19
:360:Crysis 3: $22

Already! Thanks for the value. I guess Ni no Kuni was the only one that got $25 base recently which I believe will plummet with the sale starting on it with the new ad.

Also, JP thanks for all that you do :applause:. Much appreciated.

#21 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

#22 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Has anyone traded in the Hitman HD collection yet?

:ps3: Hitman HD Collection - $15

#23 AsstronautJones

AsstronautJones

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

Already! Thanks for the value. I guess Ni no Kuni was the only one that got $25 base recently which I believe will plummet with the sale starting on it with the new ad.

Also, JP thanks for all that you do :applause:. Much appreciated.

I didn't trade my copy in, but when I told the employee I bought it from Amazon today he let me know the trade in was $22 now.

536739.png

#24 SmokeMaxX

SmokeMaxX

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

If I call and ask what the trade in value of Game X is, they'll just give me the base value right? And then if I go there to trade it in, the computer will automatically apply the 50% promo on top of that?

#25 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

If I call and ask what the trade in value of Game X is, they'll just give me the base value right? And then if I go there to trade it in, the computer will automatically apply the 50% promo on top of that?

The 50% is automatic for all game trades. Extra 10% with PUR Pro. The employee doesn't need to scan anything extra.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#26 NineH

NineH

I </3 Brenda H

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

2/19 TIV

:360: Max Payne 3 - 9
SSBB FC: 4468-0666-6336

#27 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Does Gamestop take Red Xbox Controllers or do you have to include the system?

#28 BrandonJ33

BrandonJ33

Alex Anderson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Epic flippy still 15 base

#29 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Didn't realize NNK was on sale. Is it highly likely GS will have it at $40 soon-ish? Seems like the game is starting to drop in value. My backlog is big enough (full of JRPGs) that I'm not sure I need it now, but I have a bunch of GS credit as well and really would only buy it from there.

Was hoarding it for a PS4 of Xbox 8, but not really sure right now.

#30 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

2/20 base values
Darksiders 1 ps3 $6
NSMB 2 3ds $18
Mario 3D Land 3ds $16
Sixaxis ps3 controller $17