credit to bainbridge's stash at br.com for a pic of the ad

:360::ps3: Tomb Raider (with Exclusive Steelbook Case) $59.99
Posted Image

:pc: Sim City $59.99
:pc: The Sims 3 University Life $39.99
FREE $20 GC with purchase of Sim City and any Sims 3 title $29.99 and up

:360::ps3: MLB 2K13 $59.99

:ps3: MLB 13 The Show $59.99
Save $15 when you buy any Fan Central item $15.99 or higher (located in sporting goods)

#2 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

:( I like the case so I might be in for one.

Kamagii.png

#3 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Nice Steelbook. I hope I get a GC for my birthday.

Is the game in the Steelbook or is it a standard case and the Steelbook wrapped together as a package?

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#4 greenwolfe7

greenwolfe7

I play with dinosaurs!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Doesn't the collector's edition of Tomb Raider come with the steelbook too? I planned on getting the collector's edition. But I really like that steelbook.

#5 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

I really shouldn't be buying new games presently, but Tomb Raider is one of the ones I'm looking forward to this year. And with 15% off, I think that steel book may push me into a day 1 release.

I stream on Twitch. At least two times a week. http://www.twitch.tv/jstryker416

JStryker416.png

#6 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

That is an AMAZING case. Much nicer than the pictures I've seen of the God Of War steelbook. Maybe I'll try to grab a preorder card today. Also don't forget target matches online prices now. That plus the Red card 5% is pretty solid.

#7 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

the CE doesn't include a steel. I have the EU steel and it looks different than the US steel. I'm on the target ad and I don't see any mention of the steel.

#8 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Nice Steelbook. I hope I get a GC for my birthday.

Is the game in the Steelbook or is it a standard case and the Steelbook wrapped together as a package?

Now there's a very good question indeed.

Hopefully it'll be like Amazon's MOH: Warfighter, where it was wrapped together in a package.

#9 tingram83

tingram83

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I can't find this anywhere. Are they only offering this on these dates for preorders. Which doesn't make since because the release is the 2 days after the sale starts.

#10 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Ohhh snap. I wasn't planning on buying this game until it hit $39.99 or even lower, but that case is pretty sexy.

#11 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

*sigh* Now I just might buy Tomb Raider for that sweet case and try to sell the game to make back some of the cost. Hopefully they're bundled separately.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#12 edison

edison

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Ad shows it's available 3/5.

Posted Image

#13 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

I have enough points in shopkick to buy this. Probably will do that, so nothing out of pocket.

Just realized shopkick points can also be redeemed towards Gamestop gift cards. Nice.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#14 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

I really shouldn't be buying new games presently, but Tomb Raider is one of the ones I'm looking forward to this year. And with 15% off, I think that steel book may push me into a day 1 release.

How are you going to get 15% off? I assume 5% with RedCard, is there some coupon floating around out there?

I had no intent on picking this up, but this does look pretty awesome and should be, dare I say, <rare>..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#15 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

I was on that fence of "do I really buy any games day 1 anymore with my backlog?", but that steelbook is making a mighty strong case. Hoping this isn't going to be a situation where they are gone by the time I get off work that day. Can you pre-order it and get one?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#16 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

What do you use the case for if you sell the game?

Well hes probably like me and wants to get it at Best Buy to get the $20 back and PM potential. I still may grab a copy at both stores.

I wish I would have done that preorder, get a $10 GC back with this I think it was last week?

#17 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Still going to get the CE at Best Buy. $20 RZ + 90 days (Premier Silver) to price match is far better than a Steelbook case, even though I'm somewhat addicted to them. I might see if I can acquire one of these cases nonetheless, via one of the two former co-workers still working in electronics at the local Target - where I worked a couple years ago.

#18 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Still going to get the CE at Best Buy. $20 RZ + 90 days (Premier Silver) to price match is far better than a Steelbook case, even though I'm somewhat addicted to them. I might see if I can acquire one of these cases nonetheless, via one of the two former co-workers still working in electronics at the local Target - where I worked a couple years ago.

How do you get a 90 day PM window?

And I'm pretty sure they are cutting that window down to 15 days very soon; although purchases made before that program starts will be grandfathered in the old system which is 60 days (not 90)

#19 blitzbllmstr

blitzbllmstr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

How do you get a 90 day PM window?

And I'm pretty sure they are cutting that window down to 15 days very soon; although purchases made before that program starts will be grandfathered in the old system which is 60 days (not 90)

Source? Beyond a guy I know. Kind of counter productive to do 15 days and match online prices (http://www.startribu.../192413341.html) all they will do is lose customers they already had.
I haven't paid full price for a game since Dec 2005

#20 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Source? Beyond a guy I know. Kind of counter productive to do 15 days and match online prices (http://www.startribu.../192413341.html) all they will do is lose customers they already had.

The news has been around and discussed for a while in the BB preorder thread. It's going into effect sometime in March for regular members and April for Silver members. There are a few other tweaks to policies as well

#21 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Source: Some guy I know :roll:

There are dedicated threads to this....

15 Days

The permanent price match has been expanded to cover almost all categories of merchandise, including accessories such as smartphone chargers, Furman said. It doesn’t cover phones purchased under contract.

“We are going to a low-price guarantee,” Furman said. “There is no doubt that this new policy ends showrooming for Best Buy customers.”

Best Buy narrowed its window for returning merchandise to 15 days to coincide with its policy that allows customers to claim lower prices on items they’ve purchased in the retailer’s stores and online, Furman said. Customers have 15 days to take advantage of such lower prices.

Best Buy is continuing its policy of not charging restocking fees on returns, Furman said. He wouldn’t discuss how the move may affect profitability.

“If their sales are OK, they can claim that cost-cutting measures will make up for the gross margin contraction,” Gordon said.

Sales at U.S. stores open at least 14 months were unchanged in the nine weeks ended
Jan. 5, Best Buy said Jan. 11. Global comparable sales fell 1.4 percent, less than the 2 percent decline projected by analysts Mike Baker at Deutsche Bank AG and Scott Tilghman of B. Riley & Co.

Target, the second-largest U.S. discount retailer, last month made permanent its holiday policy to match prices charged by the e-commerce sites of Best Buy, Amazon, Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Toys “R” Us Inc. Target stores will also match the prices of goods found on its own website, the Minneapolis-based company said in a statement.

#22 kramer0731

kramer0731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

It's 60 days, not 90. I am not aware of any plans to change it. Normally 60 is enough for a significant price drop somewhere in there, no?

Edit: wow, thanks for the posts above... I was unaware of this coming change. That is unfortunate. Thanks for sharing.
My guide trade list can be found here:

http://www.cheapassg...5&postcount=136

#23 Trace17

Trace17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Does anyone know yet if the SteelBook will be G2/BD size for PS3 versions? That might really entice me.

#24 jiggyteddy

jiggyteddy

Frugal As Can Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

I'm hoping for G2 unlike the MGR LE earlier this week.
Posted Image
Totally legit rewards app! Join shopkick on your smartphone then use promo code: tomato6347 to get 50 kicks instantly! I earned $360 in BB certificates for calendar year 2012 thanks to shopkick!

Now playing:
Metal Gear Rising, Fight Night Champion, and Dynasty Warriors 7.

My twitter is @jiggyteddy for my random ramblings...

#25 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Hey look, MLB 2k13! Looks exactly the same as last years...sigh, when will Xbox get a decent baseball game?

#26 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Its been confirmed several times on CAG.

#27 D.Choy

D.Choy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

I wish they would offer this online. Often times these limited items are long gone by 5 pm (which is the time most of us working people get off work).

Heck I preorderd Metal Gear Rising from GameStop and they didn't even have the art book I was supposed to get because they "ran out." If I ordered online this wouldn't have been an issue. Here's to hoping Target has a decent stock of these Tomb Raider Steel Books because it looks pretty slick.

#28 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

yea i'm curious how many each store will have and if it will be available online or not

#29 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

Does Target also have the CE? I don't want to buy the CE and then a regular copy just to get the SB. Plus I will be getting the controller.

#30 smackinisaiah

smackinisaiah

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:28 PM

I preordered this game last week to get the $10 GC. Does anyone know if preorders are being fulfilled with the steelcase version or is that something that you have to be "first come, first serve" to receive? I did call and have an employee take my info down to have one possibly held for me day of release, but I'm not too familiar with Target's policy on that, and I can't imagine that the guy is going to remember me when calling 2 weeks in advance. Worth an effort though. I REALLY WANT THIS! :booty: