Photo
- - - - -

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale! 60 games up to 85% off!

• Please log in to reply
2762 replies to this topic

#1 Caffeinefree

Caffeinefree

General CAG of Mystery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

This sale is over.

MajorNelson.com: The Ultimate Xbox LIVE Ultimate Game Sale

Says the Major:

I wanted to let you know that starting February 26, 2013 and running through March 4, 2013, over 60 Xbox 360 Games on Demand titles will be on sale up to 75% off with some as much as 85% off for the “Xbox Ultimate Game Sale”*

Each day, a different set of titles will be on sale
, so be sure to follow me on Twitter where I’ll announce what that day’s special offer. The Ultimate Game Sale only occurs once a year so you won’t want to miss it

*Content availability and pricing may vary by region

Again, follow me on twitter so you don’t miss any of the deals.

Follow Major Nelson on Twitter at @majornelson

Here's the list of games that are or have been on sale:

Prices based on...

• Xbox 360 Console as this is a XBL sale
  • Cheapest version as of this moment and that would generally be the USED version
  • Vanilla version since most games listed on xbox.com are the vanilla ver. Some other version however are the same price if not cheaper (Batman AA: GOTY is an example being almost at the same price as the vanilla version if not lower and it includes all DLCs)
Note: These prices may or may not be reflective of the exact price. They are merely a side by side comparison of the general price of each game. This is to help you choose whether or not to buy it during this sale

Legend:
Green = normal, non-sale Xbox.com prices
Orange = Amazon
Blue = BestBuy
Red = GameStop

EXAMPLE:

Tuesday, February 26 through Monday, March 4

Tuesday, February 26 only - Halo Day
  • Halo 3 ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ 67% off
    • $30 | $10 | $8 | $10
  • Halo Reach ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ 67% off
    • $30 | $11 | $18 | $20
  • Halo 4 ~ On sale for $39.99/3200 MSP ~ 33% off
    • $60 | $35 | $38 | $38
  • Halo Wars ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ 67% off
    • $30 | $14 | $15 | $20

Wednesday, February 27 only - Assassin's Creed Day

Thursday, February 28 only - Resident Evil Day

Friday, March 1 only - Call of Duty Day

Saturday, March 2 only
  • Batman Arkham Asylum ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ (67% off)
    • $30 | $13 | $18 | $15
    • (NOTE: This is the vanilla version. The Game of the Year edition is recognized as a completely-separate game from this.)
  • Batman Arkham City ~ On sale for $14.99/1200 MSP ~ (50 % off)
    • $30 | $17 | $18 | $18
  • Borderlands ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ (50 % off)
    • $20 | $16 | $15 | $18
  • Borderlands 2 ~ On sale for $29.99/2400 MSP ~ (50% off)
    • $60 | $40 | $45 | $38
  • Dead Island ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ (50 % off)
    • $20 | $15 | $18 | $18
  • Dishonored ~ On sale for $29.99/2400 MSP ~ (50% off)
    • $60 | $30 | $50 | $55
  • Fable III ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ (50 % off)
    • $20 | $8 | $10 | $10
  • Fallout: New Vegas ~ On sale for $9.99/800 MSP ~ (50 % off)
    • $20 | $10 | $13 | $13
  • Portal 2 ~ On sale for $14.99/1200 MSP ~ (50% off)
    • $30 | $20 | $18 | $35
  • Red Dead Redemption ~ On sale for $14.99/1200 MSP ~ (50% off)
    • $30 | $14 | $18 | $20

Sunday, March 3 - Monday, March 4 (Sale is extended due to earlier technical difficulties)

Monday, March 4 only - Fighting Games Day

(Credit to Slappybob and iRandom for researching the prices and compiling this list.)

Posted Image Want to Buy Games On Demand Using Microsoft Points?

Often overlooked, GoD are by default displayed in dollars both on Xbox.com as well as on the console, but on the very-first confirmation screen of the download process is the option to use Microsoft Points in place of real-world currency. Through the console, after first selecting to download a GoD you are greeted by a familiar gray confirmation screen that pops up displaying the size of the download as well as confirming the price. At the bottom of this gray pop-up is the instruction to press the "X button" in order to change the payment type to MSP. Pictured below with an arrow: Posted Image
On Xbox.com they've made it much more obvious, the confirmation "extra step" pop-up after clicking the download link displays a link that simply says "Use Microsoft Points" directly under the price in dollars at the top of the page. The more you know....

Follow me on Twitter I am @ThatWayneO! I post game deals, comedy, and the best darn YouTube links money can buy. If you want your feed rocked, then HERE I AM!

#2 Caffeinefree

Caffeinefree

General CAG of Mystery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

Here's the link guys, sorry. http://majornelson.c...mate-game-sale/

Follow me on Twitter I am @ThatWayneO! I post game deals, comedy, and the best darn YouTube links money can buy. If you want your feed rocked, then HERE I AM!

#3 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

Nice... In for Code Veronica, Bioshock, Dishonored and Orange Box if the price is right.

#4 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

This looks pretty nice. Looking forward to seeing the final prices.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#5 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Looks like the nextbox won't be BC either. Maybe this is just me being pessimistic about this type of sale...

#6 Kendro

Kendro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:53 PM

What's the price right now for a fairly old game like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Arkham City? $30? So 50% discount would bring it down to $15?

#7 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I've got some points to spend, but I have to see some decent prices before any purchases are made.

#8 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

still don't know how much any of the games will be, knowing MS it will be above MSRP for retail anyway =\

#9 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

Looks like the nextbox won't be BC either. Maybe this is just me being pessimistic about this type of sale...

Any chance of a link/rumor/source citation? The PS4 isn't going to be BC because the entire PS3 library is coded for cell architecture. I was under the impression that the 360 hardware was already extremely similar to (assuming it isn't in the first place) x86 architecture.

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#10 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Any chance of a link/rumor/source citation? The PS4 isn't going to be BC because the entire PS3 library is coded for cell architecture. I was under the impression that the 360 hardware was already extremely similar to (assuming it isn't in the first place) x86 architecture.

No link... just a guess based on this fire sale we're seeing here. Clean house before you reveal that these games won't carry over. Sorry for misleading you.

#11 Darquesyde

Darquesyde

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Just a note, the blog says "Each day, a different set of titles will be on sale". Meaning that it will be like the Countdown to New Years sale where you get one daily shot at the offer, not all week long.

#12 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

We don't know yet but rumor is that it will most likely not be backwards compatible because of a similar issue with PS3/PS4 architecture. I have no cites other than EA claiming the next gen consoles probably won't be (turns out we now know they're correct at least for the PS4) and here's a random gamefaqs forum posting talking about the issue for the next Xbox http://www.gamefaqs....ox-360/65518981

Was my first thought also.

#13 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

No Deathsmiles2 X? Dang it!

#14 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hmm, looks like I could trade The Orange Box and Resident Evil 6 into Gamestop and still have some extra credit.

Also, does anyone think they will actually put Black Ops II on sale for 75% off? Even at full price it would still be $15.

*edit* I missed the "up to 75% off" part. Black Ops II definitely won't be that much off.

#15 Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

Up to 85%. Doubt all games will be 85% off, most will probably be in the 20%-25% just like past DotW sales. Probably some of the older/unpopular games will hit the 50%-75% and maybe 2-3 tiles with the real 85% off. It's Microsoft we're talking about. The Games on Demand prices are outrageous as it stands right now.

Yannie+Boy.png

fs_lastplayed.png

#16 Vinyl

Vinyl

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Solid games on that list, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

#17 WNYX585AM

WNYX585AM

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Anyone expecting great deals compared to retail is probably fooling themselves. Games on Demand are usually significantly higher than retail prices (especially sale prices that are common in retail), so this sale will probably result in one or two great deals, a few good deals, and the rest will likely be mediocre and match retail (if not higher).

That being said, a few good or great deals will make this a successful sale if they happen to be games I want.

#18 thrinn

thrinn

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

Anyone expecting great deals compared to retail is probably fooling themselves. Games on Demand are usually significantly higher than retail prices (especially sale prices that are common in retail), so this sale will probably result in one or two great deals, a few good deals, and the rest will likely be mediocre and match retail (if not higher).

I dunno, they did manage to have some halfway decent GoD games on sale a while ago for $5 each. Hopefully we'll see some better games go on sale for $10. This does seem like a "everything must go" sale before they start hyping up the next Xbox, but you know what they say: better late than never. ;)

#19 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

Yea, I find it ironic that this huge games on demand sale is right after the news hit about the PS4 not being backwards compatible with PSN games (or disc for that matter). This is like a "holy crap lets get everyone to buy as much as they can before they find out none will be compatible on the NextBox!" situation.

#20 dominator

dominator

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Yea, I find it ironic that this huge games on demand sale is right after the news hit about the PS4 not being backwards compatible with PSN games (or disc for that matter). This is like a "holy crap lets get everyone to buy as much as they can before they find out none will be compatible on the NextBox!" situation.

That would be very shady and unethical if they knew that these games weren't going to be compatible with next console. Perhaps you're right, but I wouldn't bet any money on it. lol

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#21 B:L

B:L

twitch.tv/BLbeel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Might be in for RE4, depending on the price.

#22 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Up to 85%. Doubt all games will be 85% off, most will probably be in the 20%-25% just like past DotW sales. Probably some of the older/unpopular games will hit the 50%-75% and maybe 2-3 tiles with the real 85% off. It's Microsoft we're talking about. The Games on Demand prices are outrageous as it stands right now.

I'm thinking Call of Juarez, Kane & Lynch and The Darkness are going to be the 85% off games, considering they're all old, and (aside from The Darkness) weren't very good games.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#23 Slappybob

Slappybob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Pretty much what I was going to say.
The Douchebag Porpoise does not save drowning sailors, it just mocks them as they struggle. What a jerk!

Posted Image
Currently playing:
:360: Fallout: New Vegas, Borderlands
:xbox: Mechwarrior
:ps2: Final Fantasy X
:psp: Legend of Heroes
:pc: Portal

#24 WindyCityGamer

WindyCityGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Wow... Peace Walker? Was tempted to get a PSP just to play that game after reading a review.

Tempted to get it... but the huge weight of my backlog might hold me back. Should probably get the HD Collection and give my unplayed PS2 Metal Gear games to Gamestop or something.

#25 TheWildMoose

TheWildMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

I hope Dishonored gets a significant price drop.That game never gets a drop.

#26 BudzMcGee

BudzMcGee

Clearance Bin Review

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

How great would it be if this sale came with the announcement that the next box will be bc and this sale is just a burn to ps?

My video game site ClearanceBinReview.com - The right game for the right price.
300x156xBacklog-Quest-II-300x156.jpg.pag
Want to write reviews of iPhone and XBLIG's and get FREE games for doing so? We are looking for writers! Go HERE.

Sign up for Shopkick and get free Best Buy and Target gift cards for free! Sign up through here (referral) for 50 bonus kicks!

#27 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Don't care if these will be backwards or not. If I can play a couple for cheap (10-15ish) then I'm in for a few. I'll play through them now and enjoy them since I probably won't e buying any new system for a couple of years anyway.

#28 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hopefully Orange Box is cheap cuz for some fucking reason it's been hard to find new and its 50 bucks at Amazon wtf

#29 VaultDweller13

VaultDweller13

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Code Veronica is the best RE. Yea, you heard me.
Posted Image

#30 p0rn0saur

p0rn0saur

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Good looking list, now it's all about the prices. I'm not getting too excited since there "regular" prices on a lot of the games on demand are absurd. $19.99 retail = $59.99 on demand.