Wii Remotes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

So, I'm trying to find myself another Wii Remote, at a very low price. This is becoming one of the harder objects to find a deal on. I've looked online, and seen a few cheap ones. I feel that those are the knock offs made by some kid in China. Nintendo basically made the Wii Remote a Wii U controller, so they're still $40. I've even found some of the Wii remotes in the old non Wii U packaging, and those still rung up for $40.

$40 is simply too much for a controller, especially with the console at a much lower price. The only deals I've found so far was the Flingsmash bundle at $30. I still do not want to pay $30 for one.

Anyone know of any deals out there?

#2 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Two questions:

- Is 1st party a dealbreaker?
http://www.amazon.co...eywords=wiimote

- Is "new" a dealbreaker? Craigslist/ Ebay seem well stocked!
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#3 The Acacia Strain

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:23 AM

Doesn't have to be new. I'd prefer the official Nintendo controllers. The second party stuff just doesn't feel the same to me.

I've found a few people on craigslist selling complete consoles for like $50. If push comes to shove, I'll probably just end up buying one of those instead of paying $40 for a new controller. At least we could use it in another room for Netflix.

Thanks for the reply back!

#4 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

If you happen to live near one, Sears is clearancing out their older Wii Remote Plus controllers (in the Wii packaging) to replace them with the new Wii U packaged versions. I think they are around $25 right now, and they may go even lower if no one picks them up.

#5 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

clearanced/sales/price mistake Flingsmash bundles is the way to go,if you are patient. 8 bucks at BB more than a year ago, picked up 3. They are harder to find but they do happen, you have to be quick though.