Ever had a store error in your favor?

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#1 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Ok so here's a few thing's. Yesterday I was picking up 3 games from GS and after I paid I saw one was a Generic Case (online pickup, they had been rubber banded together and it was on bottom) So I decided to return it and hold out on a CIB as it's a rather rare game. ANYWAY, as I am PUR it was $36 before tax, $39.99 base, but he did the return as no origional receipt and put the $ from the return on my credit card $42 (and change), It's small but similar has happened before on other thing's. Anyone else the same?

#2 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

One time I bought 3 copies of PS Move Heroes on sale for a little less than $15 each at GS. I was going to turn around one for a profit, give one to a friend, and keep one to myself. However I decided to return them all because no wanted to buy one copy, my friend wasn't interested, and I was too busy playing Halo. So I took them all back and somehow got back the regular retail price for these games so I got around $80 back lol. Made quite a profit.

Oh and one time GS called me to tell me I had unused credit. So I checked it and there was $91, which I NEVER had before. So I spent it all the next day in case it was a glitch XD.

ITS%20DAT%20DAM%20KID.png

#3 Indigo_Streetlight

Indigo_Streetlight

East Coast Scum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

I can't make heads or tails of Gamestop's math on returns and rebuys sometimes; probably the best I've done was when their GBA clearance stacked the Buy 2, Get 1 Free with 25% off--somehow it was getting me $10 games in the $3-4 each range. I'm sure there's been times where they've credited me for more than the purchase price or, conversely, killed my edge bonus with another promo.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#4 Stoic Person Eater

Stoic Person Eater

Murder City Pandas

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

One time I was in GS and the semi-attractive clerks nipple was hanging out of her bra. I don't remember what I bought, but it was worth the trip in.

Stoic 1, GS 0

#5 Bxnextel

Bxnextel

CAG in Training

• Silenced

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:45 AM

One time I was in GS and the semi-attractive clerks nipple was hanging out of her bra. I don't remember what I bought, but it was worth the trip in.

Stoic 1, GS 0

Lmao

#6 coolrust

coolrust

Kupalizm Mode

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:40 AM

Stoic 1, GS 0

pics or never happened! lol
edit: nevermind semi attractive = fugly
anyways, i turned some of my credit into cash. biggest one was the wii console, i returned it with gift receipt and the cashier gave me cash.

Edited by coolrust, 27 February 2013 - 09:58 AM.

#7 eulogywerd21

eulogywerd21

APPLAUSE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:28 AM

pics or never happened! lol
edit: nevermind semi attractive = fugly

Well, if it was an attractive nipple, that's all I'd care to see, anyway.

I never have errors in my favor when dealing with retail stores, but I used to buy cheap used games (and movies when GS dabbled in the them) and then sell them for 1.5x what I payed to some crazy guy at a flea market.
jkimrey: Do it man! It's a steam key - one place for all your games. Plus, you gotta catch 'em all.

#8 Bing147

Bing147

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ya, at Gamestop just last month. I got an email from them telling me I had 43.00 in credit out of nowhere! The only thing I can think of is that the month before I did an in store online order for Virtue's Last Reward. When I got home I realized they had left my apartment # off the order so I called and they put in a new order and cancelled my original. They must have refunded my money from the first order and not charged me on the new one.
www.vg-force.com

#9 stiner

stiner

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

During a b2g1 free at GameStop I grabbed three games priced $16, $15, and $24, don't ask I really wanted them and couldn't find anything else. Well the $24 game was Magna Carta 2 for Xbox 360 and he forgot to ting it up! I thought the price sounded odd at first and then that Magna Carta had the wrong sticker on it so I left. Got home and realized it wasn't on the receipt and I wasn't going to travel 20min back to this GameStop for their mistake.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

never with games but my son was into Bakugan or however it is spelled and I was away and found a ton on clearance and didnt know what he had or didnt so i got one of each.. i went to return the dups at my local walmart and the cashier refunded me full price on them.. I wasnt paying attention so i didnt notice until he handed me the money so i said something about it and he just said o well
lucky me i got like $30 extra back

#11 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Way back when FYE had put this one copy of a Lupin movie (I think Crisis in Tokyo) with a wrestling DVD price label. So instead of paying $30 for the DVD, I only paid $10.

#12 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I don't know if it was so much an error as much as the guy not caring but....

I bought Prototype 2 when it was $40 at Best Buy with the $25 off coupon. Later the price went down to $30 so I borrowed one of my friend's coupons and went to return/re-buy.

I had also bought MW3 for $17 or $18 as the DOTD and wanted to return it due to financial issues I was having....

Anyway, I return MW3....guy gives me my $....tries to PM Prototype 2 and says the game is $40 in the system.....says he trust me and will do it anyway....does it but it comes up as being $10 on the receipt not $5....I point this out....he goes to fix it again....ends up being like $1 or something...

I paid about $33.xx when I bought the two games the first time. When I left the store I had Prototype 2 and $33.xx back in my pocket and I have no idea how lol.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#13 shadyfozzie

shadyfozzie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Don't remember when, but when the Wolverine game came out, I went to Best Buy to buy that along with a few other items. When the cashier went to ring everything up, she accidentally rang something up twice, so she had to back and delete it. Well, it turns out, she also deleted my copy of Wolverine that was already scanned and I got that for free.

#14 Lord Darias

Lord Darias

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

Not even sure if this was an error but I wasn't going to say a word but probably over 6 months ago The Witcher 2 was on sale used for $24.99 online. I'm talking about Gamestop here. So I drive to my local one with my copy of Dead Island with me. I got it used in a bundle deal and played it for like 4 hrs. Wasn't my thing. Well I asked the clerk if they had the Witcher 2 at the online price. He said yes so I gave him my dead island and said I'll trade that in and I'll take a copy of Witcher 2. He ran it through and said that'll be .65. I gave him the .65 and was very happy. So no idea if he gave me a trade in price for a different game or Dead Island just stacked with my Pro rewards and the plus 50% promo trade in they were running to come out to $23 or whatever the difference was. Some people like Dead Island but I will trade it every day of the week for the Witcher 2 and add in .65...:D

Edited by Lord Darias, 27 February 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#15 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

About three years ago I bought purchased a 2tb HDD from Amazon.com. A couple days later the UPS guy delivered a giant crate to me. Puzzled, I opened up the crate to find 25 2tb HDD inside. I'll look to see if I still have the pics I took of it lying around. I don't know how you mess up that much on an order.

#16 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

I bought two copies of Ni No Kuni Wizard's Edition from Club Namco. They only charged me for one.

Contacted Digital River about it, and, they were unable to figure out what to do to charge the correct amount.

#17 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

About three years ago I bought purchased a 2tb HDD from Amazon.com. A couple days later the UPS guy delivered a giant crate to me. Puzzled, I opened up the crate to find 25 2tb HDD inside. I'll look to see if I still have the pics I took of it lying around. I don't know how you mess up that much on an order.

Did they charge you for all 25? Also did you keep them?

#18 DOMINATOR912

DOMINATOR912

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:09 PM

Had one today. Ordered a 10 piece Chicken nuggets from McD's, opened the box to find 11 nuggets. Fuck yea. :)

#19 Artrigis

Artrigis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

My best error was rock band 2 special edition for the wii.

Toys r us had a deal, b1 g1 50% off.
Also rb 2 had a deal of $80 off retail.

The way it worked was,
Bought donkey kong country ($50) and got rb 2. Rock band 2 was $180, it was reduced to half so down to $90. Then $80 off so then down to $10

Walked out with donkey kong country and rb 2 special edition for $60!

Clerk was surprised, said it was such a good deal and he was going to buy it too. He didnt want to let me buy them at first, but I said "Well it rung up that way on the register, it wouldnt of rung up that way if it was wrong"

Walked out the door.. came back in 5 min later and bought another set for $60. I should have cleared out the store, I could of got 10 lol

Ended up selling one RB 2 on CL for $130. Then returned the other games including rb 2 to walmart for a gift card. (ugh frowned upon I know)

Bought an xbox 360 + games. So basically I got a free xbox out of the deal.

Another one, bought 1600 XBox point card from amazon, they sent me two.

Another fun one, 25k in free xbox MSP from call of duty gamestop instant win promo. There was one day where you won every single time, no losses. It was like a 3 hour window.. I could of got more but felt it was enough ( it wasnt! only 1k left)

#20 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

Bought a laptop for the GF. Was $700, on sale for $630. A week later, it was on sale for $600, so I called for a price match. Lady on the phone processed a $32 refund.

About a month later, I see on the card that they refunded an additional $100.

Another time, Rightstuf sent me two copies of a light novel. I assume they didn't mark it off my order when it was shipped the first time. Asked them about it, and they said to keep it.

#21 pjb16

pjb16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

I bought one of these last year:
http://www.bestbuy.c... rack&cp=1&lp=1

There was a big problem with shipping though, as if the Best Buy side of the warehouse lost the order (it never showed as being picked up for delivery and they couldn't find documentation for where it was), so eventually they shipped another one at no charge to me. I wasn't home the day it ended up being delivered, but both racks were on the truck addressed to me. Hooray me, right? No, my wife only took delivery of the one and said the 2nd one shouldn't be for me (though it was addressed to me with a purchase order of $0.00).

Oh dear wife. :(

#22 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:26 PM

Bought a laptop for the GF. Was $700, on sale for $630. A week later, it was on sale for $600, so I called for a price match. Lady on the phone processed a $32 refund.

About a month later, I see on the card that they refunded an additional $100.

Another time, Rightstuf sent me two copies of a light novel. I assume they didn't mark it off my order when it was shipped the first time. Asked them about it, and they said to keep it.

They must not have remembered you only paid $630 not the full price.

#23 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Did they charge you for all 25? Also did you keep them?

I was charged for one and yes, I kept them. No morality arguments please.

#24 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

There was a big problem with shipping though, as if the Best Buy side of the warehouse lost the order (it never showed as being picked up for delivery and they couldn't find documentation for where it was), so eventually they shipped another one at no charge to me. I wasn't home the day it ended up being delivered, but both racks were on the truck addressed to me. Hooray me, right? No, my wife only took delivery of the one and said the 2nd one shouldn't be for me (though it was addressed to me with a purchase order of $0.00).

You probably looked like someone killed your puppy when youheard that XD.
(I'm actually suprised how popular this thread is o.0)

#25 Hemi

Hemi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I was charged for one and yes, I kept them. No morality arguments please.

... Still have any? I'm in the market for an external HDD.

#26 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

... Still have any? I'm in the market for an external HDD.

Sadly no. I kept them and cashed out after the Great HDD Flood. Made a couple grand after.

#27 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

That's actually not wise. I've had larger items shipped to me in two identical boxes. Your wife could have refused the second box in that case.

#28 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

Stoic 1, GS 0

hahahahahahahaha :applause::applause::applause:

Posted Image

#29 mannam23

mannam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

all i can think of is "bank error in your favor. collect $200." lol

#30 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

A few years ago I decided to condense my DVD collections and ordered a 10-pack of cheap 4-disc empty cases. A week later, UPS delivers this big ass package and I end up getting 48 cases! Granted, they were all old Blockbuster cases so the discs will a little hard to get out and they have that "fuzzy" plastic covering, but I have still gotten a ton of use out of them.