Skylanders Giants Ninjini Released 2/27 TRU

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1 GavinShai

GavinShai

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Normally this wouldn't be much of a deal because its just an MSRP release, but prior to today the figure only had a limited release at the NY Toy Fair and is still currently selling for $250-450 on ebay.

Posted Image

#2 CaptainJoel

CaptainJoel

Church of Falcon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

I came into this thread wanting to see a Ninja Genie and was not disappointed. Thanks for delivering, OP.

#3 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

It'll be down to cost in a month just like all the other ones. That said, I am considering going to Toys R Us after I take my kid to school. Just wonder if a truck got delayed or something since I'm in Chicago area.

#4 pummy84

pummy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

Guess I'm going to TRU in a few.

#5 rjejr

rjejr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

My 2 sons were playing this together during the day and my wife and I at night and we both finished it on Sunday. Had this come out last Wed. I might have rushed to the store to purchase it. And had I found Eye Brawl and Thumpack I would have purchased them. So we save some money and we won't be buying Swap.

Good luck to everybody who has been waiting for this though.

#6 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#7 Marauder7

Marauder7

FF14 Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Going to head to TRU to see if I can pick one up. Not in any rush and like rj said if this came out sooner I would be scrambling to find it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 buster2k

buster2k

Spank Me Hard!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Eye Brawl and Thumper is available on Amazon for retail price...

Posted Image

#9 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

Thanks, picked up Eye Brawl.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#10 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

This guy never says how much he paid for his ripoff Ninjini, but I'm sure it well into the hundnerds:

How come his portal glows all around? Mine only glows on the top and bottom (mine is from Giants 360)

Lol and it doesn't work. Lesson learned here: don't buy shit from Chinese sellers.

#11 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

The cases at TRU had 2 Ninjini, 2 Thumpback, 1 Eye Brawl, 1 Crusher. So by now you probably missed Ninjini if your store is already open, but you probably can find Eye Brawl and Thumpback. Skylanders are also Buy 1 get 1 40% off this week - so it is even a good deal to boot.

#12 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Sure picked up the two Thumpback and Eyebrawl. Those where two I wanted.

#13 pummy84

pummy84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Got one. Small group of people were there for a Ninjini as well. Don't know the reasoning, but the staff hid a lot of them behind other Giants. Luckily one employee went and got a case of them from the back, so everyone got one. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Oh, and what defpally said is true. If you aren't there when they open, you probably will not get one.

#14 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Got one this morning. Limit 1 Ninjini per person...well done, TRU

#15 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

Limit 1 Ninjini per person...well done, TRU

Hope that was nationwide, sense at last.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#16 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

My closest TRU had only had 11...
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#17 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

Sold out 5 minutes before the store 'opened' at 10 ... probably for the best since I'm trying to drop Skylander purchases and it's too tempting to become a reseller when they are as scarce as they are.

#18 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Except they are NOT scarce. This is all fabricated early release "only us, only at the store" BULLSHIT by both Activision and Toys R Us to get you suckers to show up at the store and to create artificial demand. In a few weeks every Best Buy will have this figure, plus Amazon and others. Same thing happened with Eyebrawl and Thumpback. The game is great and I'm a collector, but don't fall for this crap.

#19 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Except they are NOT scarce. This is all fabricated early release "only us, only at the store" BULLSHIT by both Activision and Toys R Us to get you suckers to show up at the store and to create artificial demand. In a few weeks every Best Buy will have this figure, plus Amazon and others. Same thing happened with Eyebrawl and Thumpback. Don't fall for this crap.

Truth! I've been noticing eye brawls and thumpbacks everywhere. This morning I noticed 10 of each at Walmart and about 5 of each at target.

#20 TheBigHouse

TheBigHouse

All in the game, yo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

I learned my lesson after only getting thumpback and no eye brawl at the last TRU first day release when they only got 6 of each. Waited a few days and picked them up for cheaper from Gamestop and eventually returned thumpback to TRU.

#21 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Just like Thumpback is down to cost already, right? :lol:

Thumpback ...

http://www.amazon.co...words=thumpback

down to cost March 1st on Amazon or TRU today if you can get there before the day it through ... they had a ton this morning, but I was just in it for the rarity of Ninjini

#22 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

Just like Thumpback is down to cost already, right? :lol:

If you can't find Thumpback for retail, you simply aren't trying at this point. I haven't seen a Skylander display that didn't have at least one in the past two or three weeks. Best buy, Gamestop, Walmart, TRU, etc. And now stores will be getting in Ninjini cases which each have two Thumpbacks I don't see it being scarce in the future.

#23 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

Ninjini has been going in and out of stock on Amazon for the past 20 minutes or so (maybe longer but I have no clue). I was just able to grab one.

#24 dillonfan28

dillonfan28

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Damn my local TRU sold out within 10 minutes of opening.... :cry:

#25 Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin

You have FAILED this forum!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:02 PM

I picked one up since I was working(@TRU) early this morning. We got about 12 I think, gone within minutes. Happy hunting.

#26 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#27 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ninjini has been going in and out of stock on Amazon for the past 20 minutes or so (maybe longer but I have no clue). I was just able to grab one.

Thanks! I refreshed for about 10 minutes and it popped up for me. Its backordered until march 1st, thats fines with me though. I dont think I'll tell the boy I got it. I think I'll put it on his nightstand after I get it and let him wake up to her sitiing there. Thanks again!!:bouncy:

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pok√©mon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#28 icpmattj

icpmattj

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:12 PM

I just got one from amazon as well. Didn't even know they had them instock today until i read the post here.Mine also said back ordered but that's fine by me.

#29 defpally

defpally

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

wh...what? Who would pay 200 bucks for this? Do people need it early that bad? People are dumb but i call bs to those ebay prices being real

A month ago they were real. Back when only 300 or so were in circulation worldwide and the best indicator we had was a vague statement about it being "months" before she would be released. Now it is just delusional people and people trying to get lucky with someone that doesn't know any better that they are out in wide release.

Given that both Amazon and TRU have had them in stock today, it should be soon they show up everywhere. In a couple weeks you can probably find her without really putting in much effort.

#30 natureboy46

natureboy46

Fields of Anfield Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Shit, got it free at the Times Square event a few weeks ago. I had no idea they were going for so much on eBay - I would've sold that sucka in a heartbeat.
"if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?" -ev

Posted Image

Posted Image