• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Algertman

Algertman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sellers are moving them for about $60 after shipping

These are the similar to the Madcatz TE sticks but with a different body a slightly different layout. So they have the quality Sanwa parts.

#2 Borexz

Borexz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:36 PM

Thanks OP, i grab one for 360

#3 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:43 PM

only the ps3 one shows up for that price

#4 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

it's a shame the 360 version is $105 or i would get it

#5 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

that's just the featured seller. go to other new for other sellers.

#6 Phased

Phased

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

if you scroll down past the featured sellers there are some new ones for 60+

#7 1020chase

1020chase

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

looks like you can get these cheaper on ebay...and they're also new

#8 aaronrodgers

aaronrodgers

Yo...Siggy, Phido!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:07 PM

Why are these suddenly so cheap? New version coming out, or is there something wrong with this model?

95438.png

LT1B2oV.png

#9 Phased

Phased

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm guessing since the console cycle is ending soon or they're kind of niche in some areas and they're trying to get rid of them. I'm pretty sure there are some new ones recently released by MadCatz like the Sanrio fightstick as well.

#10 Borexz

Borexz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:11 PM

Nothing is wrong with this model,is the same as the other models,just the artwork is diferent,maybe because of the Soul Calibur brand?

#11 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

Why are these suddenly so cheap? New version coming out, or is there something wrong with this model?

Good question! These sticks are quality... I wonder if SCV is just getting old. Hard to find anyone playing online anymore.
Posted Image

#12 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks OP, worth a shot I guess.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#13 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Considering it, but at the same time I have a fully modded stick I already barely use...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

I was thinking about selling my sticks until I realized I could use both the Tekken 6 (360) stick and my MvC2 (PS3) sticks on my PC for emulators. Even if you don't have or use a PS3, this is still a good buy for PC.

#15 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:04 PM

Good question! These sticks are quality... I wonder if SCV is just getting old. Hard to find anyone playing online anymore.

There was one guy besides me playing SCIV Friday night lol.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#16 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

I just bought a Tekken 6 Hori stick at a local game store preowned for 29.99 preowned. These things any good?

xivpads.png

#17 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

I just bought a Tekken 6 Hori stick at a local game store preowned for 29.99 preowned. These things any good?

They're pretty good unless you're talking about the wireless one then they're average at best.

This is actually a great price for them and I think they have the best case with the transparent colors looked cool. I'm holding off for a V.S. though since I think I'd rather have that.
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#18 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

considering that they don't use premium Sanwa parts, nope...

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#19 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

If you're talking about the wireless Tekken 6 stick, that thing is garbage compared to this stick. This one has actual arcade parts in it and decent heft. The Tekken 6 wireless stick has imitation parts and like no weight. Meaning it will shift around all over the place while playing, and the parts will break way earlier than authentic arcade parts would.

#20 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

They're pretty good unless you're talking about the wireless one then they're average at best.

This is actually a great price for them and I think they have the best case with the transparent colors looked cool. I'm holding off for a V.S. though since I think I'd rather have that.

Yeah it is wireless...

Can I just modify it to improve the controls or is it a wireless problem?

xivpads.png

#21 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yeah it is wireless...

Can I just modify it to improve the controls or is it a wireless problem?

Pretty sure the wireless one is unmoddable. I think the parts are soldered or something

Either way, Wireless sticks are a no no for many reasons. I had that same stick and just ended up selling it
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

This stick has the most premium parts you can buy (buttons, joystick) and you really cannot go wrong with it.

I would be surprised if the seller ends up shipping this brand new for this price as it's the lowest I've seen for a stick of this caliber, but it's worth a shot with amazon's protection.

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#23 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

Pretty sure the wireless one is unmoddable. I think the parts are soldered or something

Either way, Wireless sticks are a no no for many reasons. I had that same stick and just ended up selling it

I modded mine with a Seimitsu LS-33 and Sanwa buttons but it is absolutely not worth it.

#24 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

I modded mine with a Seimitsu LS-33 and Sanwa buttons but it is absolutely not worth it.

What were the issues you had after modding? Just the weight?

Can always find means to add heft to the case if that is the case.

xivpads.png

#25 apterous

apterous

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

I have that tekken 6 stick too. It feels like cheap crap, and the stick isn't very sensitive. I tried using it in SFIV and couldn't pull off half the moves.
Posted Image

#26 wasabi5858

wasabi5858

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

I would be surprised if the seller ends up shipping this brand new for this price as it's the lowest I've seen for a stick of this caliber, but it's worth a shot with amazon's protection.

There are multiple sellers selling at the $60-65 range. Ebay has it for $60s + 10 or so shipping so overall, I think this will be shipped just fine.

#27 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

The lack of heft is still an issue. It's also still wireless which means it's another device eating up batteries, and I even heard two dongles could interfere with one another.

I know where you're coming from though. When I first had interest in fighters I bought several Hori Fightstick 3 sticks. Then I bought parts and soldered, dremeled, and pounded those things until the parts were in there. That was when getting a TE stick meant $150+. I've since come to the conclusion that 1 good premium stick is worth several crappy sticks that you have to modify. This applies both to the money and time investment.

For example, to do the modifications I did you have to:

1: Buy the parts. LS-33, 8 Sanwa 30mm Buttons, 2 Sanswa 24mm buttons = 3265yen (from Akihabarashop.jp the only place I know to get an LS-33) which is apparently $34.88+ international shipping

2: open the thing up, which requires a tri-wing driver

3: unsolder the PCB from the buttons

5: remove the artwork from the top plate *

4: remove the buttons and dremel the metal top plate to enlarge the button holes slightly and remove a metal tab in each of them.

5: drill new holes in the top plate in order to mount the LS-33 directly to the top plate.

6: You'll need to wire up PCB so you can use quick disconnects wit the Sanwa buttons. This means wiring the signal side for each button and daisy chaining the grounds together.

7: you'll have to scrape, twist, and snap away the plastic directly underneath were the joystick will mount in order for it to have clearance to move.

8: Reassemble everything.

*You'll also probably want to replace the art with something new, or else you'll be left with a plain metal faced stick.

Even with those mods. It's still not going to be up to par with other sticks. The LS-33 is not a typical fighting game stick and will feel really lose. And you're still left with a crappy lite wireless stick.

#28 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:41 AM

The lack of heft is still an issue. It's also still wireless which means it's another device eating up batteries, and I even heard two dongles could interfere with one another.

I know where you're coming from though. When I first had interest in fighters I bought several Hori Fightstick 3 sticks. Then I bought parts and soldered, dremeled, and pounded those things until the parts were in there. That was when getting a TE stick meant $150+. I've since come to the conclusion that 1 good premium stick is worth several crappy sticks that you have to modify. This applies both to the money and time investment.

For example, to do the modifications I did you have to:

1: Buy the parts. LS-33, 8 Sanwa 30mm Buttons, 2 Sanswa 24mm buttons = 3265yen (from Akihabarashop.jp the only place I know to get an LS-33) which is apparently $34.88+ international shipping

2: open the thing up, which requires a tri-wing driver

3: unsolder the PCB from the buttons

5: remove the artwork from the top plate *

4: remove the buttons and dremel the metal top plate to enlarge the button holes slightly and remove a metal tab in each of them.

5: drill new holes in the top plate in order to mount the LS-33 directly to the top plate.

6: You'll need to wire up PCB so you can use quick disconnects wit the Sanwa buttons. This means wiring the signal side for each button and daisy chaining the grounds together.

7: you'll have to scrape, twist, and snap away the plastic directly underneath were the joystick will mount in order for it to have clearance to move.

8: Reassemble everything.

*You'll also probably want to replace the art with something new, or else you'll be left with a plain metal faced stick.

Even with those mods. It's still not going to be up to par with other sticks. The LS-33 is not a typical fighting game stick and will feel really lose. And you're still left with a crappy lite wireless stick.

Thanks for the input! I greatly appreciate it.

I did play some SF x T to test it out and I am ok with this purchase as I was actually able to do what I needed to fight as compared to the awkward controls of a controller.

However this late in the console life, I think this is good enough. Next gen I will definitely keep my eyes out for a TE style stick.

xivpads.png

#29 OtakuFerret

OtakuFerret

Salty Scrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm tempted, but all the Amazon Marketplace sellers at that price point have really terrible feedback. Not sure if it's worth the risk... :-?

UPDATE: Ordered directly from Buy.com (Rakuten) instead for $58.xx shipped (360 version so I can dual-mod). Feels safer than buying from a 3rd party seller.

Edited by OtakuFerret, 04 March 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Posted Image

#30 prettycrazy

prettycrazy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:27 AM

Grabbed one, thanks. I actually own the Hori SCV stick (dual modded), but I can't pass this up that this price.
[] 3DS Friend Code | 3179 - 6076 - 9676 []
Posted ImagePosted Image