• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

http://www.amazon.co...8&condition=new

Has it been cheaper? Excellent game that's worth every penny IMO.

#2 venturin

venturin

SalmonChantedEvening

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

Best game of this generation
Posted Image

#3 letskissthesky

letskissthesky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:02 PM

I should probably play my copy one day.
Posted Image

#4 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I believe it had been 15.99 at Newegg for about the last year or two. They're sold out now. I've been waiting for $10 which might not happen so I'm going to skip the game.

#5 rad.dreamer3kx

rad.dreamer3kx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Great game, no trophies. : (

#6 Wompdevil

Wompdevil

Noob 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

Trophies be damned, this game is amazing and more than worth the price

523546.png

#7 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Trophies be damned, this game is amazing and more than worth the price

Agreed. One of the best SRPGs out there.
Posted Image

#8 JackPowell

JackPowell

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Play this game. Drop everything you are doing and play this game.

#9 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

I hadn't been following it closely, but last time I checked it was ~$20 on Amazon. In any case, this is an amazing game that'll give you more than your money's worth. I strongly encourage people to purchase. Plus, you're also making an excellent investment; more VC and VC2 sales is more ammunition for the localization of future VC titles, of which we are [sadly] missing one.

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#10 TheShepherdSauce

TheShepherdSauce

thick & hearty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

I should probably play my copy one day.

Same. Mine's still sealed.

#11 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Definitely a superb game.

#12 SInX4Lyfe

SInX4Lyfe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

My first CAG purchase was this game when it was 20$ at gamestop long long time ago.

Very awesome game indeed i bought all the dlc and played valkyria 2 on psp (didnt like that one so much.. Wish they kept it on ps3!!!) i wished they made more dlc for this game.

#13 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

Awesome game. I didn't get it for a while but am definitely glad I played this.

I just can't believe that Sega isn't making money off of this that they only released VC2 on the PSP and didn't even bother with VC3.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#14 UltimateIdiot911

UltimateIdiot911

Have a nice tragedy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Bought this day 1 for $60 and still think it's worth it.

#15 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

#16 PJV9126

PJV9126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

Thanks for that! I had no idea what this game was about...didn't think it played like this. Reminds me of Advance Wars a bit. Definitely gonna have to add it to my wishlist.

#17 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

One game i just could not get into.

sixteenvolt420.png

#18 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

One game i just could not get into.

I played the demo. It was fine but I don't feel any overwhelming desire to play it. I'm not surprised you couldn't get into it. It's an SRPG which is a very niche genre and most people hate it. As you can see by the posts here though, the people that like it will come out and claim the games in it are the best of all time (also see Fire Emblem fanatics). In the end, it's just a game and not really better than all other games unless this is your favorite genre.

#19 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Awesome game. I didn't get it for a while but am definitely glad I played this.

I just can't believe that Sega isn't making money off of this that they only released VC2 on the PSP and didn't even bother with VC3.

I think the story was VC1 was profitable, but VC2 was so bad that they didnt bother with VC3.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#20 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

I played the demo. It was fine but I don't feel any overwhelming desire to play it. I'm not surprised you couldn't get into it. It's an SRPG which is a very niche genre and most people hate it. As you can see by the posts here though, the people that like it will come out and claim the games in it are the best of all time (also see Fire Emblem fanatics). In the end, it's just a game and not really better than all other games unless this is your favorite genre.

Wow, way to thread crap, particularly with generalizations you can't back up.

Yeah, not everyone is going to like it. There are people who hate the "anime" (god, how I hate that generalization) aspect to it, and think some aspects of the story are too fluffy by far. And yes, it is an SRPG, so if you don't really like that genre you might not like this either, tho it does have some aspects that make it stand out from the crowd.

That being said, it is the most fun I've had with an SRPG since the original X-Com.
Posted Image

#21 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

If you're on the fence there is a demo - it really sold the game for me.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -     :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12   :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan 9/7

#22 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'd hardly agree that the game fits into the same niche as many anime-style SRPGs of the genre; VC (the first one, at least) is every much an accessible title as any other AAA game on the PS3. I'm not going to claim it's the best of all time, but regardless that's a matter of opinion and not necessarily restricted to "fanatics" of any franchise. I, personally, am not a huge fan of SRPGs, but I find VC to be a very strong game overall.

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#23 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Wow, way to thread crap, particularly with generalizations you can't back up.

Yeah, not everyone is going to like it. There are people who hate the "anime" (god, how I hate that generalization) aspect to it, and think some aspects of the story are too fluffy by far. And yes, it is an SRPG, so if you don't really like that genre you might not like this either, tho it does have some aspects that make it stand out from the crowd.

That being said, it is the most fun I've had with an SRPG since the original X-Com.

I didn't mention anime. I liked anime and I'm currently playing Ni No Kuni and enjoying it. This particular game is an SRPG. I would play it but not for the current price. I do think it's important that people understand more about the game than "ZOMG ITS THE BEST GAME OF THE GEN!" considering the genre is typically considered even more niche than the typical JRPG's.

I'd hardly agree that the game fits into the same niche as many anime-style SRPGs of the genre; VC (the first one, at least) is every much an accessible title as any other AAA game on the PS3. I'm not going to claim it's the best of all time, but regardless that's a matter of opinion and not necessarily restricted to "fanatics" of any franchise. I, personally, am not a huge fan of SRPGs, but I find VC to be a very strong game overall.

Again, I didn't mention anime at all. I like anime cartoons and I'm playing Ni No Kuni. Now that you mention the sequel though, i don't own a PSP and never plan on getting one so it's kind of a bummer to think of playing a game that has a continuing story then never playing the rest of the story. That's a huge turn off.

edit: I should add this to anyone that thinks they want this but they're not sure. I've been waiting for this to be $10 for a long time. It doesn't look like it's going to happen and prices on eBay have been ~20 for the last couple of years even though it's been available on newegg for 15.99 that entire time. So you can easily get your money back if you don't like it and the game could very well go up to the 30-40 range in a year or two now that it's finally sold out at retail (unless they do a 3rd printing of it). So I do think the risk involved in a purchase is pretty small.

#24 JMClarkent

JMClarkent

I Cheap what I Sow

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

I believe it had been 15.99 at Newegg for about the last year or two. They're sold out now. I've been waiting for $10 which might not happen so I'm going to skip the game.

I understand trying to wait it out, but altogether skipping this game for what equates to the difference of a Happy Meal (if your resources allow for it) is a crime against video gaming.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill"...

#25 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

I understand trying to wait it out, but altogether skipping this game for what equates to the difference of a Happy Meal (if your resources allow for it) is a crime against video gaming.

People make these comparisons but when you're buying...I don't know...50 games a year? A happy meal per game tends to add up.

I'll probably break down and buy it since it's now sold out at newegg and that was the last retail location it was available at. The price was going up quickly prior to the second printing so while it probably won't go up that fast, I feel secure buying it and being able to get my money back (as mentioned above). It's not as bad as Xenoblade Chronicle which I had to pay $50 for.

#26 Dark_Sage

Dark_Sage

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

For VC, honestly the demo sucks. But it's a worthwhile game, even if you're not all that into S-RPGs.

I like anime cartoons and I'm playing Ni No Kuni.

Ghibli is about as representative of anime as Family Circus is of all Western comics. Like it all you want, but don't pretend its Disney-like focus even encapsulates a small portion of what anime is.

#27 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

For VC, honestly the demo sucks. But it's a worthwhile game, even if you're not all that into S-RPGs.

Ghibli is about as representative of anime as Family Circus is of all Western comics. Like it all you want, but don't pretend its Disney-like focus even encapsulates a small portion of what anime is.

I think Ghibili is definitely anime and certainly along the lines of what most people think of. Look at the protaganist in the game or in most of the movies. I also enjoyed Rahxephon, is that anime enough for you? It's much better than the similar but overrated Neon Genesis Evangelion.

#28 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Best game of this generation

Oh please. It's good but that's a ridiculous statement. Also, I wish they had bothered to patch in Trophies. :cry:

#29 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:52 PM

I didn't mention anime.

That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at common criticisms of the game.
Posted Image

#30 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:57 PM

That wasn't directed at you. That was directed at common criticisms of the game.

I didn't even know that was a criticism of the game. My main problem is that it's an SRPG. For some reason the PS3 is completely slammed with SRPGs. It's pretty strange that the system has so many of them and so few JRPG's.