Photo
- - - - -

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct Toysrus website Pre order 37.49 f/s ps3/xbox/wii u

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 UnwovenNebula

UnwovenNebula

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Not sure if ill be getting it, but in case anyone else does

#2 UnwovenNebula

UnwovenNebula

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

Im a new user and it wont let me post links, sorry. If anyone could assist i'd be grateful

#3 DK745

DK745

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Xbox 360: http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=19431846
PS3: http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=19431856
Wii U: http://www.toysrus.c...ductId=19431836

Free shipping too. Not a bad price, but I can wait for it to be cheaper and read some reviews of the game and hope it turns out good.

#4 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

I have a feeling this game is going to be really really bad unfortunately. Might rent it a night on Redbox just to confirm. :)

#5 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

I'm so torn on this game. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead universe...and Daryl is easily my favorite character on the show. Those factors have me wanting to buy the game day one...even if it's crap. I'd feel a lot better about it if Amazon would at least match this price, as I have credit to use there. I reported the lower price to them, but we'll see if they do anything with it.

#6 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

when this comes out on march 19th target will have a b2g1 free deal during that week.. which would make this game $26.66 before tax

(if target has it for sale and it comes out on that date)

edit: sorry I mean the price is $33.33 but still cheaper

Edited by jrr6415sun, 10 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#7 johnston306

johnston306

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

what kind of math is that...does not compute

#8 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:20 PM

I have a feeling this game is going to be really really bad unfortunately. Might rent it a night on Redbox just to confirm. :)

Yup, I'd wait for reviews unless you're extremely excited for this for whatever reason.

#9 clonesniper666

clonesniper666

Final Fantasy Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

what kind of math is that...does not compute

He/she is assuming that MSRP is $40 for the game but it is really $50.

when this comes out on march 19th target will have a b2g1 free deal during that week.. which would make this game $26.66 before tax

(if target has it for sale and it comes out on that date)

The cheapest you could get this at Target (assuming a B2G1 is happening that week) is getting 3 $50 games, which is $100/3, so the total would be $33.33 before tax.

You still need to get 2 more games as well though.
c230fb8bbd924924db8824b92aa424e3_0cdf051<---FFXIVARR Character Lodestone
549917_4220482276976_99161570_n.jpg<---Trade Listclonesniper6.png

#10 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

He/she is assuming that MSRP is $40 for the game but it is really $50.

The cheapest you could get this at Target (assuming a B2G1 is happening that week) is getting 3 $50 games, which is $100/3, so the total would be $33.33 before tax.

You still need to get 2 more games as well though.

yea sorry I was calculating it at a $40 MSRP my mistake.

However you do not need 3 games, you can buy 3 games and return 2. The receipt on target will have the value of each game as $33.33 so they make it easy to return if you only want 1.

#11 Dr0p119

Dr0p119

Chief Red Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

I'm going to try to match this at BB, shipping only shouldn't matter as they match Amazon. Thanks!

#12 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:59 AM

I'm so torn on this game. I'm a huge fan of The Walking Dead universe...and Daryl is easily my favorite character on the show. Those factors have me wanting to buy the game day one...even if it's crap. I'd feel a lot better about it if Amazon would at least match this price, as I have credit to use there. I reported the lower price to them, but we'll see if they do anything with it.

I did that on aliens ce and after that i can not let my heart decide since aliens ripped it out. I love everything walking dead but what was officially released to show it off made me want to rent it first. It still looks somewhat plastic looking imo. It reminds me of a 360 arcade game with a decent budget. I hope it rocks but prob rental here first.

#13 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:33 AM

I was really hyped for this game until I found it doesn't have online co-op :bomb: Makes no sense to put TWO brothers as characters into an FPS and then make it single player only. Its got low budget and bargain bin written all over it..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#14 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:54 AM

Looks about as interesting as season two of the show.

#15 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

I have the UK magazine 360 Gamer and I think they hit the nail on the head with their preview and I have to admit, the only reason why I still have a pre-order with Gamestop is to get the free Walker Ear necklace. I can see myself returning this game unopened and getting Bioshock Infinite or the Injustice game and wait for this game to do the steep Aliens Colonial Marines price drop and will get this when it is $19.99 or less in about a month.

The preview said this:

Activison's MO has been clear for years. It spends mega-millions on its cash cow, Call of Duty, making it the most spectacular game on the market. Then it spends the bare minimum making substandard games based on big-name licenses, pushing out second and third rate titles that sell solely on the strength of their brand. It is a mercenary strategy, tricking punters into paying for garbage, but it works, so more power to Kotick and Co. for getting away with it. But Activision has been selling snake oil so transparently for so long that, Call of Duty aside, it is rapidly becoming a publisher on par with THQ. In fact, its recent output aspires to THQ quality: Family Guy, Back to the Multiverse, 007 Legends, X-Men Destiny, Men in Black...and it looks like you can add The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct to that list of subpar products being shamelessly sold to the public. What we have on these pages are a few screens and captures from a build of the game Activision saw fit to release to the public. Sparse, linear environments. Bland, muddy textures. Outrageously oblivious AI. Hilarious, low-res zombies who apparently all wear plaid shirts. At first we feared that this would be a zombie COD-a-thon. Now we fear it's going to be as bad as Family Guy.

Edited by Tarskidx, 12 March 2013 - 12:04 AM.
errors

#16 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have the UK magazine 360 Gamer and I think they hit the nail on the head with their preview and I have to admit, the only reason why I still have a pre-order with Gamestop is to get the free Walker Ear necklace. I can see myself returning this game unopened and getting Bioshock Infinite or the Injustice game and wait for this game to do the steep Aliens Colonial Marines price drop and will get this when it is $19.99 or less in about a month.

The preview said this:

Activison's MO has been clear for years. It spends mega-millions on its cash cow, Call of Duty, making it the most spectacular game on the market. Then it spends the bare minimum making substandard games based on big-name licenses, pushing out second and third rate titles that sell solely on the strength of their brand. It is a mercenary strategy, tricking punters into paying for garbagem but it works, so more power to Kotick and CO for getting away with it. But Activision has been selling snake oil so transparently for so long that, Call of Duty aside, it is rapidly becoming a publisher on a par with THQ. In fact, its recent output aspires to THQ quality: Family Guy, Back to teh Multiverse, 007 Legends, X-Men Destiny, Men in Black...and it looks like you can add The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct to that list of subpar products being shamelessly sold to the public.What we have on these pages are a few screens and captures from a build of the game Activision saw fit to release to the public. Sparse, linear environments. Bland, muddy textures. Outrageously oblivious AI. Hilarious, low-res zombies who apparently all wear plaid shirts. At first we feared that this would be a zombie COD-a-thon. Now we fear it's going to be as bad as Family Guy.

Thanks for this info it just kills me reading it. I was on the fence for so long waiting for more media but this makes so much sense now. I will go with my gut and avoid this one. I am canceling preorder now. At least riptide is close.

#17 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

It's as if they know this game is probably going to bomb...

#18 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

Reminds me of Land of the Dead ...

... and that's not a good thing. :lol:

#19 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:31 PM

Reminds me of Land of the Dead ...

... and that's not a good thing. :lol:

I actually loved LOD, but I will wait for this one to hit the $20 range. No way is it going to be as good as the TellTale Game

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#20 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:56 PM

I actually loved LOD, but I will wait for this one to hit the $20 range. No way is it going to be as good as the TellTale Game

In all honesty I barely played it, think it was a rental, and I'd probably snatch it up in a bundle if I ever had the chance. :lol:

#21 NightCat

NightCat

Backtoad_Overload

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has decreased from $49.96 to $37.49

Just wow....

#22 zeldaking

zeldaking

I LOVE BOOBS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct has decreased from $49.96 to $37.49

Just wow....

your link does not point to the game

go here

http://www.amazon.co...d=ATVPDKIKX0DER

#23 affa

affa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:15 PM

looks like amazon price matched for everything but ps3. wth.

#24 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

looks like amazon price matched for everything but ps3. wth.

and PC.

#25 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Anyone know how we can notify them of the PS3 version price? I used a $20 preorder credit for mine would be awesome to get the game for 17.49.

#26 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

Ok I reported it. Not sure it if it'll work since idk if it always said 37.49 or if they changed it to 25% off so people wouldn't get Amazon to price match.

#27 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:14 PM

Help get the price lowered for the PS3 version!

#28 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I just canceled my order with the reason found cheaper somewhere else to send them a message lmfao.

#29 Psychonik

Psychonik

Psychomancer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:36 PM

http://www.toysrus.c...:Product-Detail send this URL to their lower price reporting it's in the last like of of the Product Details section in the listing for the game on the games page http://www.amazon.co...f_dp_p_t_1_DS47

#30 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

The Telltale, Facebook and iOS games all seem superior to this rushed and unpolished product.