The 2013-14 NFL Thread

• Please log in to reply
2443 replies to this topic

#1 DestroVega

DestroVega

Life is short... stunt it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Free Agency begins tomorrow and two big NFC West WR trades today with Percy Harvin going to Seattle and Boldin to the 49ers.

Is week one here yet?

#2 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:05 AM

As a Vikings fan, all I can say is good riddance. Yeah, Harvin's a great receiver but between his inconsistent starts because of migraines, ankle, etc. and this habit he developed of trash talking the team, coach, and QB we're just plain better off without him. Sure this puts the Vikings in a tough spot with receivers but I'm happy he's gone. And who knows, there's a lot of talent in the wide receiver free agent pool this off-season...

#3 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Im surprised that the 49ers got Boldin for, what was it, a sixth round pick? Crazy.

#4 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

That Boldin trade is great news for the Browns.

Seems like this will be the year that they spend their cap on free agents to fill some needs before the draft.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:08 PM

That Boldin trade is great news for the Browns.

Seems like this will be the year that they spend their cap on free agents to fill some needs before the draft.

Why is it good for the Browns? He got traded to the 49ers.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Why is it good for the Browns? He got traded to the 49ers.

They don't have to worry about him for two weeks out of year because he's out of the division now?

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#7 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

Go packers and redskins.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#8 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

They don't have to worry about him for two weeks out of year because he's out of the division now?

Oh, okay. I don't think him leaving is going to make much of a difference though.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#9 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:48 PM

Im surprised that the 49ers got Boldin for, what was it, a sixth round pick? Crazy.

Yeah, that's a crazy low price for Boldin.

#10 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:06 PM

They were going to cut Boldin anyway, so it's better than nothing I guess.

Dashon Goldson looks to be out of San Francisco, and Reggie Bush seems like a lock for either the Cardinals or the Lions. Would fit both systems really well.

Most interesting thing I read yesterday was that the Patriots were prepared to make a run at Victor Cruz until he switched agents to Tom Condon.

#11 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

He said he would have taken a pay cut WITH an extension. They should have extended him, he is still one of the best possession WR out there. I am assuming they will try and use Tanden Doss in his place (the Ravens have far too many other holes to use the draft for) even though every time Flacco threw to Doss bad stuff happened.

At least try to get a third rounder. Sheesh.

#12 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

I know you can't pay everyone but I'd like the Niners to keep Goldson.

#13 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Well, apparently Tony Gonzalez is returning next year for the Falcons.

I was kinda hoping he would finish his career back in KC, but I'll still root for him in Atlanta.

#14 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

I know you can't pay everyone but I'd like the Niners to keep Goldson.

I don't see it happening

#15 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Carolina Panthers fan here. I don't see anything happening in free agency for this team. I am feeling another 3rd or 4th place finish in the NFC South.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#16 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Wallace is a Dolphin, Kruger is a Brown.

Meanwhile, the Ravens signed a backup safety and are meeting with Chris Canty.

Oh, and Buffalo released Ryan Pickspatrick.

EDIT: Wow. The Ravens traded Boldin to free up money to sign Danelle Ellerbe, who is apparently signing with Miami. I normally support Ozzie, but these last few weeks makes me want to forget the 2013 season already.

#17 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

I love free agency! I just wish my damn Steelers would participate!
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#18 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

Ravens probably gonna go back to being the steelers bitches now.

#19 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Boldin isn't as good as his playoff numbers suggest. Still, he is a good addition to the 49ers. I'm thinking Kaepernick may be due for a huge regression in his second year now that teams have film to study.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#20 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Fucking Eagles snatched up James Casey from my Texans. He was a very solid FB/TE combo and was a nice option as our 2nd TE to Owen Daniels.

#21 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:03 AM

Ravens probably gonna go back to being the steelers bitches now.

Honestly, it seems like the Bengals are primed to win the division this year. Though it can change with the draft.

Ravens ended up signing Canty, so at least they have added to the defense. Would like it more if Mount Cody didn't regress last year.

#22 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

I'll admit I've been definitely concerned about the decisions by the Ravens, but I'll follow the poster I saw somewhere. "Don't Panic, Trust Ozzie"

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#23 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

I'll admit I've been definitely concerned about the decisions by the Ravens, but I'll follow the poster I saw somewhere. "Don't Panic, Trust Ozzie"

The way the Ravens luck is going, Belichik will, yet again, swipe Ozzie's top prospect just before the Ravens' pick.

#24 JP

JP

Proud member of the Ravens Nation!

• Trade-in Value Team

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:29 AM

The way the Ravens luck is going, Belichik will, yet again, swipe Ozzie's top prospect just before the Ravens' pick.

Wouldn't surprise me. I knew we were going to take big hits on the defense side of the ball but I was hoping to hold onto Ellerbe.

all-banner.jpg

CAG Apple Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/WWF IDs

CAG Game Database & You - Small little tutorial I guess you would call it.

#25 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Boldin isn't as good as his playoff numbers suggest. Still, he is a good addition to the 49ers. I'm thinking Kaepernick may be due for a huge regression in his second year now that teams have film to study.

Did you see him this year? Even if they never run read option this year he can throw perfect passes as a pocket passer.

Kaepernick is a is a top 7 fantasy QB this year. Which means raw stats. The Niners should truck teams this year barring injury.

#26 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

While I do think they will all have very good years, I believe Luck, RG3, and Kaep will not light the world on fire like they did last year.

#27 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

Did you see him this year? Even if they never run read option this year he can throw perfect passes as a pocket passer.

Kaepernick is a is a top 7 fantasy QB this year. Which means raw stats. The Niners should truck teams this year barring injury.

I watched him last year (more than I wanted to actually). He does have a good arm but pretty much every QB with his style gets figured out eventually. I expect the same thing to happen to RG3. Kaepernick is also one hit away from serious injury (moreso than other QBs because of his style and build). I'm not saying he's going to suck because a huge regression would still make him one of the better QBs in the league but I just don't think he is going to be San Francisco Jesus next year. I guess we will see...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#28 DestroVega

DestroVega

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

I watched him last year (more than I wanted to actually). He does have a good arm but pretty much every QB with his style gets figured out eventually. I expect the same thing to happen to RG3. Kaepernick is also one hit away from serious injury (moreso than other QBs because of his style and build). I'm not saying he's going to suck because a huge regression would still make him one of the better QBs in the league but I just don't think he is going to be San Francisco Jesus next year. I guess we will see...

He's way bigger than RGIII. He can take the hits. I'm not worried about him at all.

While I do think they will all have very good years, I believe Luck, RG3, and Kaep will not light the world on fire like they did last year.

Luck will only continue to get better.

#29 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

Kaepernick is 6'4" 235 and can definitely take the hits (and will probably put some more muscle/weight on in the offseason, and he already is jacked). He also throws passes on a rope roughly 9 billion miles an hour. Some of the windows that he fits balls into are just amazing. His accuracy will only get better as he plays more and the speed of the game slows down for him. He isn't a scrawny RGIII wanna be ;)

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#30 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Yeah, Luck is the prototypical NFL style pocket passer. Barring injury he will just get better and have a great career.

I think Kaepernick and RGIII will continue to do well also, as long as they stay healthy. With running more than Luck does (though Luck is pretty mobile for a pocket passer) they have more chances of getting hurt.

I don't think the read option will get figured out like the wildcat did. I'd compare it more to the west coast offenses that emerged in the 90s. I think it will stick around as it's a whole scheme and not just a gimmick like the wildcat.