68 replies to this topic

#1 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

:360: http://www.newegg.co...VirtualParent=1

:ps3: http://www.newegg.co...N82E16879248097

Don't know that the :360: version ever went OOS, but I know the :ps3: version did. Don't forget, if you use a Visa card to pay use V.me and promo code VMEPROMOMAR13 to bring the total down to $25.19.

!EDIT: Seems the :ps3: version is OOS again already.

Edited by roedaniel19, 19 March 2013 - 08:39 PM.

laboy229.png

#2 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Is v.me a one time use code? Or can I use it on every order I make?

#3 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is v.me a one time use code? Or can I use it on every order I make?

Not sure, I do know they require you to type in your email before the code, it says some codes are limited use. But hey, this collection for $25 brand new? It's seems to be going rare, so if you haven't used the code yet and want this I'd say jump on it.

laboy229.png

#4 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

Wow ps3 one isn't even in stock.

#5 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

Wow ps3 one isn't even in stock.

It may not be now, but it was at the time this was posted.

laboy229.png

#6 Havokt

Havokt

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

When this went on sale at Best Buy I visited four different stores that all had the Xbox-360 version. Sadly all I wanted was a PS3 version and I never saw one. I guess the demand is just greater for the PS3 version.

#7 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

When this went on sale at Best Buy I visited four different stores that all had the Xbox-360 version. Sadly all I wanted was a PS3 version and I never saw one. I guess the demand is just greater for the PS3 version.

Yeah, the :ps3: version has better controls because of the pressure-sensitive buttons that the :360: controller doesn't have.

laboy229.png

#8 redmangoose

redmangoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Ironic seeing as how MGS is a PS3 series...what were they thinking.

#9 adimento1

adimento1

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

is this actually a good deal? feels like a $20 price point for me
"We're gonna sit at our desks and keep typing while the walls fall down around us because we're Creative, the least important, most important thing there is." – Don Draper

#10 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:45 PM

is this actually a good deal? feels like a $20 price point for me

Seeing as how it's getting hard to find and is apparently out of print, I would say yes. Also, these are very good ports. They're not slopped together like some of the other collections.

laboy229.png

#11 grundy

grundy

Whatevr a spider can

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Ridiculoulsy dumb question, but does the PS3 version also come with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

Currently playing:
:360: nothing
:3ds: nothing
:pc: nothing
:ps3: Killzone HD

#12 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ridiculoulsy dumb question, but does the PS3 version also come with the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though. It should also be noted that 2 is the Substance verison, and 3 is the Subsistence version. Oh, and the MSX versions of the old Metal Gear 1 & 2 games are included with 3. So 5 games in all if you count those.

Edited by roedaniel19, 12 March 2013 - 07:08 PM.

laboy229.png

#13 linuskinrak

linuskinrak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

No MGS1, but yes for MGS2.

#14 Alkalinejoe

Alkalinejoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though.

I think he means Metal Gear and not Metal Gear Solid. IIRC Metal Gear 1 & 2 are in included as bonuses within Metal Gear Solid 3's menu.

#15 Sephiroth1089

Sephiroth1089

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

The original Metal Gear 1 and 2 ( on like the really old systems) is on the Metal Gear Solid 3 substance disc which is the version of Metal Gear Solid 3 in the HD collection. Metal Gear Solid (originally on Ps1) is not in this collection. It is available on PSN.

#16 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think he means Metal Gear and not Metal Gear Solid. IIRC Metal Gear 1 & 2 are in included as bonuses within Metal Gear Solid 3's menu.

Yeah I think you're right, that makes more sense. Hope some were able to get in on the :ps3: version before it went OOS again. $25 after the promo code was just the right price for me.

laboy229.png

#17 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

Anyone played MGS1 lately? Does it still hold up, or would I be better served just skipping it?

laboy229.png

#18 billbemus

billbemus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

FYI, the Best Buy in Rock Hill South Carolina had 5 copies today.

#19 BryanDGAF

BryanDGAF

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

Anyone played MGS1 lately? Does it still hold up, or would I be better served just skipping it?

MGS1 is essential in story. Your better off playing MGS twin snakes(a GameCube remake is mgs1) but I know those are hard to come by, so I would recommend you watch youtube videos to understand the story unless your ok with the mgs1 graphics(which there is a nostalgia moment in mgs4)
P.s. metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 have characters that show up or are mentioned in mgs 1 fwi

#20 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

MGS1 is essential in story. Your better off playing MGS twin snakes(a GameCube remake is mgs1) but I know those are hard to come by, so I would recommend you watch youtube videos to understand the story unless your ok with the mgs1 graphics(which there is a nostalgia moment in mgs4)
P.s. metal gear 1 and metal gear 2 have characters that show up or are mentioned in mgs 1 fwi

Thanks. The only one I've ever played is MGS4 (I know, I know) and even though there was a good bit I didn't understand, it's still one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'll just youtube the first one. The only PS1 games I really enjoy going back to are RPGs.

laboy229.png

#21 snacks28217

snacks28217

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Bill it only has 3 now. :)

#22 Deman93

Deman93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

Thanks. The only one I've ever played is MGS4 (I know, I know) and even though there was a good bit I didn't understand, it's still one of my all-time favorites. I guess I'll just youtube the first one. The only PS1 games I really enjoy going back to are RPGs.

It might not matter to you but I suggest if you want to watch a walkthrough of Metal Gear Solid to watch Xcalizorz. I don't usually watch Youtube walkthroughs but I found his very entertaining :P

#23 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Includes Metal Gear 2, 3, and Peace Walker. The original is available on the PS store, though. It should also be noted that 2 is the Substance verison, and 3 is the Subsistence version. Oh, and the MSX versions of the old Metal Gear 1 & 2 games are included with 3. So 5 games in all if you count those.

Cool, I have this collection but will probably never get to it because of absurdly huge backlog. But this sounds like a great collection if it has MGS2S and MGS3S. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#24 Backlog_Overload

Backlog_Overload

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

It might not matter to you but I suggest if you want to watch a walkthrough of Metal Gear Solid to watch Xcalizorz. I don't usually watch Youtube walkthroughs but I found his very entertaining :P

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

laboy229.png

#25 Kabapu

Kabapu

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

I ordered from Kmart for $29.99. Shipping was only $0.99 and it arrived in four days.
Too bad the case was empty when I opened it. Now I get to deal with customer service. *sigh*

#26 BionicJoe

BionicJoe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:49 AM

I ordered from Kmart for $29.99. Shipping was only $0.99 and it arrived in four days.
Too bad the case was empty when I opened it. Now I get to deal with customer service. *sigh*

Ugh! Makes me feel better about paying $29.99 on Amazon (shipped by J&R) only to have the collection arrive with a $27.99 sticker on it!

#27 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

amazon has it in stock now 29.99

http://www.amazon.co...=I3VP450FU80O3W

so i guess they're printing more copies?

#28 Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Yippie kai yay!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:02 PM

You just freaked me out since I bought it from them too but didn't open it. So I checked it out and it was in the case.

My buy/sell/trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=230525

To the "If I send you an offer via PM, please respond to it even if you aren't interested" guy, I'm still waiting to hear back from you after I sent you a PM in July of 2009.

#29 mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

amazon has it in stock now 29.99

http://www.amazon.co...=I3VP450FU80O3W

so i guess they're printing more copies?

and it's gone from amazon.com

i didn't pick one up. still waiting for it to drop down to 20 again

#30 Leftylikesgames

Leftylikesgames

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

Fuck I missed it again. I do hope they print more. :cry: