• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 HakaHina

HakaHina

Glasses God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 03:02 AM

Best Buy:
Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: The Sacred Star of Milos (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Amazon:
Fullmetal Alchemist the Movie: The Sacred Star of Milos (Blu-ray / DVD Combo)

Edited by HakaHina, 31 May 2013 - 12:09 AM.

#2 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

Not a big fan of the movie (Shamballa is better) but this is a great price for the DVD versions.

#3 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

Ordered the movie. Thanks.

#4 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Amazing prices. Ordered both collections. Thanks op!

#5 fishphoenix

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Amazing deal, snagged both seasons for $30.43 after a reward zone certificate. Thanks for the heads up OP!

#6 ssjmichael

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've been holding out for the Blu-ray versions, but this is a great price for the DVD sets.

#7 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

The Blu Ray is on sale for 33 as well it looks like. I need the first volume of that.

#8 muddbunny167

muddbunny167

Hoppity Hop Hop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:23 AM

This is literally perfect for my sister, snagged both sets for her. Thanks a ton for the head's up, OP!

#9 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Phenomenal find OP. Im gonna order Collection 1 from BB in order to get the 500 RZ points and then buy Collection 2 on Amazon since I have some gc credit.

#10 Snowglare

Snowglare

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

Thank you. Bought both collections. Gave me a chance to use the credit I acquired from the 50/10 gift card deal and it's a perfect fit for the current RZ deal.

#11 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:29 AM

Ugh. Not sure if I should bite or not. I have $10 in Certificates. Decisions. Decisions. ><

Nonetheless. Thanks OP!

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#12 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Received both collections from BB today (really fast shipping). Collection 1 came with a slipcover, but collection 2 didn't. Sent BB an email asking if they have an extra slipcover. I doubt they do but would be nice.

Both collections are now backordered on BB. The Amazon price for collection 2 is back up, while collection 1 is still at $16.99 and temporarily oos.

#13 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:56 AM

Received both collections from BB today (really fast shipping). Collection 1 came with a slipcover, but collection 2 didn't. Sent BB an email asking if they have an extra slipcover. I doubt they do but would be nice.

Both collections are now backordered on BB. The Amazon price for collection 2 is back up, while collection 1 is still at $16.99 and temporarily oos.

Well that's good to hear that it comes with a slipcover but sucks that the collection I was gonna buy on amazon is the one that goes back to regular price. Did you guys still think collection 2 will be $17 next week?

#14 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

I think it will go back to normal price on Tuesday. Otherwise, its better to it now and try to deal with the backorder. Even if it gets cancelled, wouldn't you most likely be compensated?

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#15 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:13 AM

I think it will go back to normal price on Tuesday. Otherwise, its better to it now and try to deal with the backorder. Even if it gets cancelled, wouldn't you most likely be compensated?

Alright, thanks. I placed an order for the second collection on BB after using another $5 RZ coupon. $26 for the entire series is good (if my second order does ship).

Also Amazon is no longer pm'ing the BB prices of both collections.

#16 cagfansub

cagfansub

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:37 AM

Gosh, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood releases are very confusing..

I got the part 1,2,3,4 and 5 last year and now, we got Collection 1 and 2.

What's the difference these two??

#17 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 04:01 AM

Gosh, FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood releases are very confusing..

I got the part 1,2,3,4 and 5 last year and now, we got Collection 1 and 2.

What's the difference these two??

More episodes on fewer discs.

EDIT: Sorry, that is the Blu-ray versions. I think the Collections are still 5 discs each.

#18 seether254

seether254

For the Hive

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

I got both of the collections on blu ray for $29.99 each back in October so this is a great deal for the DVDs.
Great series too, I own both the original series and Brotherhood now and i have to say that brotherhood was loads better with a more satisfying ending.
PSN: Archangel-254

Xbox: SunGod254

#19 abhinav

abhinav

"Scooty Puff Jr. sucks!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:17 AM

For anyone that cares: the movie looks really great in bluray. Not quite up to the standards of something like The Lion King but better then the regular FMA in blu. Some of the effects later in the film really pop, definitely one of the better anime transfers I've seen.

Twitter: Onekumar
Now Playing:
C90d2eO.png7WPdXq9.png2q1uoso.jpg

#20 Killerfocus

Killerfocus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:21 AM

Looks like Amazon pricematched the movie
www.amazon.com/Fullmetal-Alchemist-Sacred-Milos-Blu-ray/dp/B0071LEJTO/ref=sr_1_4?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1363573139&sr=1-4&keywords=fullmetal+alchemist

#21 Olengie

Olengie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:06 PM

The Prices work in store as well. I just went to Best Buy and they had it out on the floor. It also said that the Price will stay till April. However, I'm not sure if I should believe that or not.

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#22 lilman

lilman

Only the ordinary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

My local BB had one copy of Collection 2 and it had a slipcase (albeit a bit beat up), so I picked it up and will return my online copy that didn't come with a case. They also had two copies of Collection 1 and a copy of the movie. The $16.99 price tags were out so I'm sure these will be gone soon.

#23 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

Hate to bump this, but for anyone that ordered Collection 1 to ship to their home, did the item get backordered. I bought both collections, but collection 2 was the only one I got (Funny thing is that I ordered it a day after collection 1). Also after checkin the BB website, collection 1 is gone.

#24 Earthworm401

Earthworm401

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Hate to bump this, but for anyone that ordered Collection 1 to ship to their home, did the item get backordered. I bought both collections, but collection 2 was the only one I got (Funny thing is that I ordered it a day after collection 1). Also after checkin the BB website, collection 1 is gone.

I received my collection 2 today, and just got an email that said that if they weren't able to get collection 1 back in stock by April 3rd they would cancel my order. Hopefully they'll have more on the way because that would suck to have to pay full price for the first collection.

#25 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:19 AM

I received my collection 2 today, and just got an email that said that if they weren't able to get collection 1 back in stock by April 3rd they would cancel my order. Hopefully they'll have more on the way because that would suck to have to pay full price for the first collection.

the same happened to me. still waiting on collection 1

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#26 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:50 PM

Alright, cool. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully it ships cause like I posted, collection 1 doesn't seem to be in their system anymore.

#27 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Well, if they're cancelling orders on the first set, then I guess I missed the boat on this one. I don't really want to pay $60 for it.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
WATCHING DNAngel
READING Cardcaptor Sakura

#28 Joe Fongul

Joe Fongul

Slave to the Grind..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

They cancelled my order on the 1st Set, but since the link is still available, I went ahead and reordered it again. Here's hoping they finally get their restock in on this. I might need to check online to see if I can find it in a store somewhere in their district so that I can try to get them to ship it to my local store instead....
Posted Image

#29 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

I think it's interesting that the Blu-Ray collection 1 is $30 cheaper than the DVD on Amazon now. That is what is keeping me from buying DVD collection 2 and hoping for the best. I'd love to see Blu-Ray/DVD combo packs for FMA, but I'm sure licensing restrictions/costs and the overall popularity of the series are among the factors keeping the sets separate.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright
WATCHING DNAngel
READING Cardcaptor Sakura

#30 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

It is moreso popularity than anything else. FUNination knows it will be a top seller, so there's no need for combo packs.