MOH: Warfighter (PS3/360) $9.99 + FS @ GameFly

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

Don't know how long this has been this price at GameFly but I guess this should be mentioned. Sorry if repost.

PS3: http://www.gamefly.c...ighter/5003592/

360: http://www.gamefly.c...ighter/5003591/

Edited by mossfan563, 16 March 2013 - 01:18 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for posting. FYI, you have the links backwards (PS3 link goes to the 360 version and vice-versa).

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 nddave

nddave

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Dont forget this is an EA game and requires an Online pass for multiplayer
CAG4LIFE

#4 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:06 AM

Dont forget this is an EA game and requires an Online pass for multiplayer

An online pass which comes with every used copy bought from Gamefly, guaranteed.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Puppeteer [Plat Cleanup]; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]:  :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#5 Deidara

Deidara

Art is an Explosion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Edit: ^ Beaten to it. :razz:

I think used Gamefly games come with the online passes as well as any other extra codes new copies would have.

#6 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

Don't forget this is an EA game and is terrible generic bug-riddled mess of a game.
tl

#7 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:10 AM

The single player isn't bad, especially for $10.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#8 roundhouse

roundhouse

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Depends on how much you can tolerate 3rd rate shooters I guess. And the fact that you can walk like 5 feet, triggering the next area and enemies will spawn behind you out of thin air is hilariously awful.
tl

#9 mossfan563

mossfan563

CAG 'til I die!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

Thanks for posting. FYI, you have the links backwards (PS3 link goes to the 360 version and vice-versa).

Fixed!
Posted Image

#10 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

Grabbed one, sold it a couple of weeks ago to get my bioshock preorder and I never got to try the multiplayer.

#11 MrBeatdown

MrBeatdown

DumbAssGamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

I played the multiplayer for a few hours the other day. It's hobo CoD, but I had fun with it.

One thing to be aware of... I'm not sure if these are the LE or not, but I played without the Zero Dark Thirty map pack that's free with the LE installed and was constantly getting booted back to the main menu for not having the maps. Really annoying.

#12 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:50 AM

Depends on how much you can tolerate 3rd rate shooters I guess. And the fact that you can walk like 5 feet, triggering the next area and enemies will spawn behind you out of thin air is hilariously awful.

Never had this problem, or any other glitch for that matter, on PS3.

Beat the campaign in a couple nights, never touched multiplayer. It wasn't amazing but it's entertaining enough at this price.

#13 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

hmmm to buy for the BF4 Beta?

#14 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Thanks OP this is the sweet price I have been waiting for, order one for myself and one for my son.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#15 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:03 AM

If you are on the fence, I bought this for $15, never touched the MP and still thought it was worth it.

#16 Greybeard

Greybeard

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

I played the multiplayer for a few hours the other day. It's hobo CoD, but I had fun with it.

One thing to be aware of... I'm not sure if these are the LE or not, but I played without the Zero Dark Thirty map pack that's free with the LE installed and was constantly getting booted back to the main menu for not having the maps. Really annoying.

I bought one from GF a few weeks ago and it was the LE version. Probably all GF's will be LE but that's just my guess. Is the zero dark thirty DLC just multiplayer?

#17 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:10 AM

Does it come with the original case/manual?

660090.png 660091.png

#18 GALATIANSv220

GALATIANSv220

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:17 AM

Yes, all Gamefly games do.

#19 htz

htz

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

hmmm to buy for the BF4 Beta?

Can't wait for 3/26 announcement!

I bought one from GF a few weeks ago and it was the LE version. Probably all GF's will be LE but that's just my guess. Is the zero dark thirty DLC just multiplayer?

Zero dark thirty is just multiplayer DLC.

Yes.

#20 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:20 AM

Yes, all Gamefly games do.

Well, I'm in for one, then. :)

660090.png 660091.png

#21 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

To people on the fence, it was better than most of the haters make you think, though the cut scenes get way too close to uncanny valley for me. And if you're interested in bf4 these may have the beta code still, so for ten bucks it might be worth it to some people

#22 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

:o I'll wait until its $4.99 new.

#23 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

To people on the fence, it was better than most of the haters make you think, though the cut scenes get way too close to uncanny valley for me. And if you're interested in bf4 these may have the beta code still, so for ten bucks it might be worth it to some people

Haters? Go to metacritic and look at the scores. Universally this games was criticized on so many levels
[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#24 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Haters? Go to metacritic and look at the scores. Universally this games was criticized on so many levels

I mean people who haven't played and base it off of YouTube videos. Plus I don't really worry about critic reviews usually I like to judge games for myself usually.

#25 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

Isn't it kind of odd for GF to only put one game on sale? Still on the fence and think I will pass for now.

#26 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:56 AM

Was the main campaign anywhere near as good as the original MOH game? This is the first that I've read from you guys here who actually liked the campaign of Warfighter. The original MOH campaign is awesome!

Never had this problem, or any other glitch for that matter, on PS3.

Beat the campaign in a couple nights, never touched multiplayer. It wasn't amazing but it's entertaining enough at this price.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#27 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

Generally I'm one to point to metacritic scores, but I don't really agree with the trashing this game received, or rather, I don't understand how this got trashed and CoD got solid marks. The reviews I read say "well, it does have solid mechanics, but it's the same old tired game." That's certainly true: if you are sick of these linear FPS games then you certainly won't enjoy this... I just don't see how critics hated that kind of gameplay in MoH but loved it in BLOPS 2.

If it's your kind of game, I'd say it's definitely worth a shot for $10.

#28 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

I do refer to Metacritics for information about a game that I may be interested in. I look at both the critics' average score and the users' average score, which are very help to me. Take Aliens Colonial Marines, the newly released game for example, Metacritic was spot on that piece of $hit.

Generally I'm one to point to metacritic scores, but I don't really agree with the trashing this game received, or rather, I don't understand how this got trashed and CoD got solid marks. The reviews I read say "well, it does have solid mechanics, but it's the same old tired game." That's certainly true: if you are sick of these linear FPS games then you certainly won't enjoy this... I just don't see how critics hated that kind of gameplay in MoH but loved it in BLOPS 2.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#29 tuffguycore

tuffguycore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

This is how I feel. I don't really enjoy multiplayer and I was sick of the hamfisted narrative that call of duty always presents so for ten dollars(15 when I originally bought it) it was a good run through as long as you aren't expecting some kind of open world terrorist shooting gallery.

#30 xSTEADFASTx

xSTEADFASTx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:52 AM

Gonna grab this, have a $5 reward cert. $5 bucks, yeah its mine... :)