Photo
- - - - -

Free $10 Xbox LIVE eGift Card when you cash in $30 in coins @ Coinstar (Kroger only)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 xiangpan64

xiangpan64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:51 PM

https://www.coinstar...tail/PromoId/29

Cash in $30 or more at Coinstar at Kroger for Xbox LIVE eCertificate and receive additional $10! Full description in the link. :bouncy:

Edited by shrike4242, 19 March 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#2 chris00cm

chris00cm

Deal Connoisseur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

How much does Coinstar charge? 10%?

So a net profit of $7. Not bad.

#3 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well this particular deal requires you to put that $30 towards the no fee e-cert. It is more like add $30 get a $40 e-cert for MS points.

#4 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

No fee for this.

Score a $10 bonus code for Xbox LIVE products when you cash in $30 or more at Coinstar in Kroger for a NO-FEE Xbox eCertificate. Your $10 bonus code will print on your receipt. Your eCertificate can be used for either an Xbox Live Gold Membership or Microsoft Points. 

So if you need points. Go to the bank, ask for $30 in quarters, go to Kroger, get $30 in MSP and get $10 free, so 3200 MSP for $30, not bad.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#5 xiangpan64

xiangpan64

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

They don't charge anything for E-certificates

#6 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

Wish I had a Kroger's here. I know its a huge chain though, so should work for quite a few CAGs. I would definitely do this if I could.

#7 GeorgeCostanza

GeorgeCostanza

Hangin Tough

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Wow been waiting for a long time for a coinstar deal. Unfortunately there are none of those stores in northern California
Posted Image

#8 The Lord of Awesome

The Lord of Awesome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

Doesn't coinstar accept bills now? I'll be all over this if they do

#9 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

DO you still get the $30 back?

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

DO you still get the $30 back?

No you just get the $10, so a net loss of $20, great deal right? /sarcasm

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 Daniel09

Daniel09

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Doesn't coinstar accept bills now? I'll be all over this if they do

That would defeat the purpose. Insert cash to cashout in cash minus 10%?

What is a Xbox live ecertificate?

#12 exileinoblivion

exileinoblivion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but it's true. I believe it's so people can essentially use the machines as gift card vending machines.

I know I'll gladly 1/4 off some MS points.

#13 AnubisRW

AnubisRW

You took too long....now your candy's gone...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 11:29 PM

Coinstar DOES in fact accept paper money, I guess if people really want to buy gift cards for friends as gifts they don't need to throw quarters in the chute for 10 minutes. I put two $20 bills in a coinstar machine to get a $50 Amazon gift card when that promotion was running like two years ago.

BeanUppercut.png

AnubisRW.jpg

#14 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Just 2 weeks ago I cashed in $50 in coins, this would have been a great offer. Oh well, I'm starting to now save all my coins (that time was my first time) so I'll be on the look out for these.

Didn't even think I'd get $50 from my coins. I started saving those for about 2 - 3 months before cashing it in. They were mostly change from my delivery tips and random change I find.

This pays for some of my bills every so often months. Life is good being cheap!

#15 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Offer available March 17-30, 2013, at the Kroger Co. family of stores: Kroger, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, Dillons, City Market, Smith's, Baker's, Ralphs, QFC, and Gerbes.

None of those stores in my area. Lame. :(

#16 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:25 AM

Whoa, great timing. I was just considering picking up Darkstalkers Resurrection for 360. The only thing is, I might need that in actual money with Final Round XVI coming up. Decisions, decisions...

#17 CodeTrader

CodeTrader

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Might be best to stick with cash. I've read that some machines don't always count the coins accurately. So if you don't know exactly how much you are putting in, you could possibly be cheated if the machine "mistakenly" misses some coins.

#18 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:41 AM

This would be awesome if it were $20, I'd even be happy with $20+$5 free. But $30 is a bit much. Of course, if they offered 20+5 OR 30+10 it would be stupid not to go with the $30, so now we're back at square one.

Maybe I'll go there with a $20 and a $10 to see if that actually works, then I'll finally buy Microbot at full price :oldman:

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#19 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:54 AM

Just last week (when GoW Ascension came out) I used a Meijer coinstar with $38 worth of coins. Should have just waited a week...

#20 XF Gator

XF Gator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:05 AM

So this is basically 2 1600 MS point cards for $15 each... I'll pass.

#21 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:15 AM

Interesting. I didn't realize Coinster had deals that got you out of the fee. Nice deal for who didn't load up on black Friday.

#22 TKSJOHN

TKSJOHN

The Dumpster Diver!

• Silenced

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

So this is basically 2 1600 MS point cards for $15 each... I'll pass.

No, you get your normal cash from your change (over $30) then you get a free 800MS code!

#23 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:34 AM

Wow been waiting for a long time for a coinstar deal. Unfortunately there are none of those stores in northern California

Theyre called Ralphs, bro.

#24 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:36 AM

This seems like a good deal to me. Nothing much I didn't pick up last round of XBLA sales, but would be good to have a balance of credit should something great come out. I may shlep my jug'o'coins over to Ralph's.

And TKSJOHN is wrong. You have to put $30 into an Xbox gift certificate, THEN you get a bonus $10 added. Don't confuse people by dishing out incorrect information.

For those who keep talking fees, it's also fee-free to get your Coinstar balance as an Amazon gift card (of course, you wouldn't get the XBox $10 bonus that way). Here's a list of all the places you can get fee-less gift cards for with your change: https://www.coinstar...incounting.aspx

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.

#25 Wedgie

Wedgie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:44 AM

This seems like a good deal to me. Nothing much I didn't pick up last round of XBLA sales, but would be good to have a balance of credit should something great come out. I may shlep my jug'o'coins over to Ralph's.

And TKSJOHN is wrong. You have to put $30 into an Xbox gift certificate, THEN you get a bonus $10 added. Don't confuse people by dishing out incorrect information.

For those who keep talking fees, it's also fee-free to get your Coinstar balance as an Amazon gift card (of course, you wouldn't get the XBox $10 bonus that way). Here's a list of all the places you can get fee-less gift cards for with your change: https://www.coinstar...incounting.aspx

Wait, what? So the code you get isn't for a free 800pts? You have to use the $30 you just cashed in to buy a $30 gift card which then becomes $40?

So basically you have to give Microsoft your $30 you just cashed in for an additional $10?

#26 pacifickarma

pacifickarma

Master of Orion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:25 AM

I just redeemed $28.09 at a Coinstar yesterday...

#27 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:31 AM

last time a coinstar offer ram (amazon MP3's) I just inserted $ bills and still got the offer. If your nervous with that approach go to the bank and get a coin roll
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#28 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:05 AM

Wait, what? So the code you get isn't for a free 800pts? You have to use the $30 you just cashed in to buy a $30 gift card which then becomes $40?

So basically you have to give Microsoft your $30 you just cashed in for an additional $10?

Makes sense to me (serious)

#29 Ken Lew

Ken Lew

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

This is slightly a better deal than the BestBuy/GameStop bonus point offer, assuming you don't use the BestBuy Reward Zone app thing.

BestBuy / GameStop Bonus Point offer comes out to:
$0.010000 per Microsoft Point.

This deal comes out to:
$0.009375 per Microsoft Point.

I am glad that I held on to my $30+ in coins. ;)

#30 ViolentLee

ViolentLee

Still Man Fights

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:43 AM

Makes sense to me (serious)

Yes. By using the $30+ toward an Xbox Live point card, you will be spending that $30+ on Xbox-related products. And they give you a bonus $10 on top of that, to motivate you to buy their gift card instead of exercising one of the other options.
Wedgie: Why would Microsoft give you $10 for doing something that wouldn't involve them -- like getting cash for the coins?

Maybe the title could be changed to allay confusion? Something like: "Put $30 Toward Xbox Live Card at Coinstar, Get $10 Bonus Credit"

mqqgUvv.jpg   ECqYO0a.jpg
My action/scifi novel, Still Man Fights, is available in paperback and e-book form at Amazon.com.

My new travelogue, Japan Chronicles: of Rock Gods and J-Pop Idols, is also on Amazon.com.