Final Fantasy X & X-2 HD (PS3/PSV)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

Possilbe it'll be out by fall or winter!

Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy X HD will include HD remake of Final Fantasy X-2 HD, the sequel to FFX. Both games will be based on the International Version, Final Fantasy X HD will include new enemy summon beasts called Dark Aeons, optional Airship battle with super boss "Penance", and a new 14-minute video clip "Eternal Calm" bridging the story between X and X-2; Final Fantasy X-2 HD will include two new dresspheres, new "Last Mission" at a new location called Yadonoki Tower, and ability to capture monsters and various characters inside the tower, include Tidus, Auron and Seymour.

The PS3 version will include both games on one Blu-ray, while the PS Vita will have both games sold separately.
"Evil is Funs"

#2 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:21 PM

As long as they are the same battle system and not XIII's battle system like I keep hearing, I'll be buying this.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#3 Dahk

Dahk

You Know Nothing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

awesome

Currently Playing
:ps3: Tales of Symphonia

DahkX.png

#4 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

X is hardly a favorite of mine but I will still probably buy this. Being able to play FFI-X on the go is still pretty damn cool to me. And if it encourages them to do the same with the amazing FFXII, all the better.

#5 jondier

jondier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:48 PM

hopefully they wont charge like $40 each for the vita version because i really want to play it on the go. also hoping for a cross buy :D
"I want to be the very best. Like no one ever was." - Jason Paige

#6 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:51 PM

hopefully they wont charge like $40 each for the vita version because i really want to play it on the go. also hoping for a cross buy :D

I hope so too, but I imagine it will be $40 each AND not cross-buy. :(

#7 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

As long as they are the same battle system and not XIII's battle system like I keep hearing, I'll be buying this.

Where have you been hearing this? This is the first I've heard any rumors.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#8 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm more excited that it's going to be the International version than I am that FFX-2 is going to be included.
Posted Image

#9 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:51 PM

Square's digital pricing is almost always insane so I don't have high hopes and I don't expect a sale at all in the first 6 months at least. It's like they somehow avoided hiring one of the bajillion marketing guys that could explain to them that a lower price could attract more buyers thus increasing overall sales/profits. It's hope I'm wrong though - I'd really enjoy playing FFX (and FFX-2) again on the Vita but I won't be able to justify an insane price tag for it.

#10 tepiddeath

tepiddeath

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

Just be careful. I went back to X-2 a year ago and isn't as awesome as I remember. Still gonna buy both for my Vita though. Its pretty much a PS classics machine at this point. Might as well.

#11 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

X is hardly a favorite of mine but I will still probably buy this. Being able to play FFI-X on the go is still pretty damn cool to me. And if it encourages them to do the same with the amazing FFXII, all the better.

Same here. I put FFX in the mid-tier of FFs, but it's been ages since I last played it so I'm wondering if I won't like it more (or less) now. I'm glad it's getting a physical release.

Just be careful. I went back to X-2 a year ago and isn't as awesome as I remember. Still gonna buy both for my Vita though. Its pretty much a PS classics machine at this point. Might as well.

FFX-2 was never awesome.:-P

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#12 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

By today's standards X-2 is a pretty solid jrpg

As for X, it's been a really long time since I last played. Here's hoping it holds up.

UjCoyFa.png

#13 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:35 PM

Wasn't a fan of X and though I bought X-2, I never got around to playing it. Still have the game and guide wrapped heh. Despite all this, I think I'll pick it up if nothing else but to tide me over until the next FF.

#14 Trakan

Trakan

Mark IV Style Motherfucker!

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:36 PM

http://d3j5vwomefv46...e/747267461.jpg

They're really change Tidus's face in this.

I'm most looking forward to the stuff from the international release finally coming over here.

#15 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:03 PM

You know what would be an awesome feature? Blitzball online.

Currently playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#16 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

I might maybe possibly consider this not so impressive to me game if they include something that isn't the original U.S. voice acting. God, the thought of that stuff still makes me shudder.

The combat was an interesting change, but this game was really linear.

Ah, forget it. This game was way too tedious. Too much time to complete endgame quests.

However, I will say that it had one of the best stories in the series. Pretty clever.

#17 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 11:44 PM

^^this +1000. That would be beyond awesome to see.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#18 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

I must be in the minority on blitzball..really wanted to like it but it never clicked for me.

#19 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#20 Ironlocke

Ironlocke

Busty McBraless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm excited for this. I like X and loved X-2 (I don't care, I loved the corniness of it all). And X-2 is going to be the international version? Oh hell yes.

#21 bkjohns1

bkjohns1

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

I played that mini game so much, I wished they had made it into a full-blown game.
bkjohns1.pngsig.gif
My goal for 2012 was to fund my gaming habit through reward sites which still continues on into 2014. You can read about my "journey" here.

#22 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Just thought about this a second ago, but I haven't played this game since it originally game out (never finished it either). What was the save system like? The thing I loved about Persona 4 Golden on the Vita was I could generally save just any anywhere/anytime I wanted outside of the TV world. The last thing I want is to get stuck in a sequence where I cannot save and I've been playing for a couple of hours.

I haven't played it since launch either but I believe there are save points throughout. I hope they make adjustments to make it more portable friendly though.

#23 spatenfloot

spatenfloot

Don't read this!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

But on the Vita, you can pause the game at any time whether it is a save point or not.

#24 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:01 PM

Guess my PS2 versions can just sit in the backlog/collection now.

#25 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:21 AM

I personally would prefer they take out blitzball entirely. I hated playing it, and did not want to play it for hours upon hours on end to get the most powerful wakka weapon.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#26 mrcheeses

mrcheeses

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:41 AM

Same. Blitzball was really, really, really boring. Maybe if they make it so you can actually move and shoot and pass instead of text....

image016.jpg

#27 Ionotropic

Ionotropic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Preorders are open on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BY0G0YU

http://www.amazon.co...a/dp/B0050SW172

Can't find X-2 vita listing on amazon yet.

#28 Koopa22

Koopa22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Blitzball!

I might have to pick this up, never did complete X-2

#29 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:10 AM

I will aim for the PSVita versions mainly to pause it anywhere and anytime ... I cannot repeat my ps2 jrpg marathon days when I first played the originals. Hopefully, there will be a casual mode, as well. I really despise grinding, nowadays. (sorry for being such a crabby fogey)

My Lowball Sale has ended.  I feel your pain.  

animePSP2.jpg

#30 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

I maxed out the grid for each character on PS2, but never finished all the extra stuff so I'll probably pick this up and go through it again.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.