Tron: Evolution Collector's Edition at Gamestop for $12.99

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Tendoboy

Tendoboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:08 AM

Was bummed about the lack of deals at my local Sears vs. what others are getting, so I went to Gamestop to see if the Gears 3 Epic Edition dropped in price, and had them check the Tron 360 version and it ran up for $12.99.....another good collectors edition to add to the collection !!

Sorry if this is a re-post, but I don't have the time to read everything here to avoid the heckling if it is.....

They also had a PS3 version, but didn't check it...

#2 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Basically all you get is the game and light cycle stand. The movie tickets are long expired lol.

I kind of like the Light Cycle display, I have it sitting on my shelf. I got it when Best Buy had that huge holiday sale
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

I almost bought this for the figurine (Because the game is a hot mess). Until I read it looks cheap and is made out of crappy plastic :/

#4 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Yeah, its not great of a collectors edition. Passed on this when it was cheap at Best Buy a year or so back.

#5 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

It would've been more boss if they had the data disk instead.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#6 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

Is it worth it for a person that was a fan of the original and the sequel?

#7 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

I feel bad for the people who paid $129.99 for this. :lol:

#8 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:17 AM

Anyone who paid that much deserved it lol. The cycle looks like something out of a premium Mcdonalds kids meal lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

Online price is showing up as $29.99 for both versions.

#10 strizay

strizay

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:24 AM

I just traded a Halo Reach LE for it. That cycle toy is crap though.
If you're wondering why I have that lowball ban tag, it's just 'cos I expected to get paid and when an argument escalated, I dropped out of the lowball as a seller. I did nothing shady or dishonest. my feedback score will speak for itself.

#11 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

I strongly advise against buying this, even if you are a fan of Tron.

I bought one at $9.99 and felt ripped off. Gave the light cycle to my son and even he didn't give two craps about it, probably because it's just a mold of plastic. Not even moving wheels... cheap as Fuck.

#12 Luriden

Luriden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

I really enjoyed the game. $12 for the game alone is worth it imo. I finished it several times to 100% the achievements and enjoyed it the entire way through. The light cycle figure looks cool from a distance. Once you get up close, you can see it's Happy Meal quality.

76561197977061647.png

#13 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'm a fan of LE's and a big Tron fan, but damn that has got to be the shittiest limited edition I've ever come across. I bought it for $10 I think from one of the Best Buy Clearances and nearly immediately sold it. The game, itself, isn't bad. That light cycle is a about the quality you'd expect from the one-spot at Target, though. Real rough.
Chubbyninja1319.png
~<{ Whatever we were before, we are now the Inquisition }>~

#14 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Can't be worse than the people that paid 100 for DNF. Though I wonder if anyone actually bought it for full MSRP.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#15 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

I guess i am the only person that actually enjoyed this game a lot. I bought it during the BestBuy $10 sale and I had a lot of fun playing the game and even the multiplayer (only played it with bots) but it was fun.I have the Light Cycle Figure on my desk and it looks pretty cool when it lights up.I might stop by my GS and see if they have a PS3 copy that way I can have a Light Cycle figure by Gaming area and a reason to play through the game again.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#16 Mclovin1108

Mclovin1108

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

will probably stop by my GS tomorrow and see if they have any, thanks op

:ps3:: The Last of Us
:360:: Resident Evil 6 Archives
:psp:: Uncharted

388011.png

#17 chunlirocks

chunlirocks

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:57 AM

I just traded a Halo Reach LE for it. That cycle toy is crap though.

It looks a little better once you turn it on
:joystick: CERTIFIED GRADE A VIDIOT:joystick:

IN MY CONSOLES - NOW PLAYING:
:ps3: BLAZBLUE and DEMON's SOULS
:360: MUSHIHIMESAMA FUTARI 1. 5
:ps2: EVERBLUE 2
:wii: METROID PRIME TRILOGY
:psp: Field Commander
:xbox: XYANIDE

#18 Kolgar

Kolgar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:00 AM

Game was OK, played in 3D on PS3 which looked awesome. Light cycle lights up, too. You could do worse for $12.99.

#19 hero913

hero913

MAZZAFAKKA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:01 AM

i'd bite at that price!!

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#20 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:08 AM

Am I missing something? How does the bike light up? I've had this thing on my shelf for a while now and I didn't know it's supposed to light up

#21 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:09 AM

Am I missing something? How does the bike light up? I've had this thing on my shelf for a while now and I didn't know it's supposed to light up

Theres a button on the back of the light cycle rider its like on his disk if im remembering correct.

#22 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:12 AM

Holy ****. Thanks I had no idea, looks very cool with the light on! Def worth it for $12

#23 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:24 AM

Lol wow. I had this thing for months and had no idea it had a light. I take it back, its quite awesome for 12.99 now.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

Lol wow. I had this thing for months and had no idea it had a light. I take it back, its quite awesome for 12.99 now.

lol I had no idea as well until my brother was looking at it and when I looked back at him I saw the figure light up and I flipped out because I had no clue it could do that.

#25 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

Yeah it lights up, unfortunately you cannot mod it to use external power, without cracking open the case.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#26 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

id buy it for $12, but I know ill never find one in a store

TheTwistadOne48.png

#27 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:01 AM

See, people said it wasnt worth it until they saw the light.

The game is alright, but i got this during bb summer blowout. Traded it back in for $8 so $2 for the display isnt bad

#28 Duetschbag

Duetschbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

Can anyone confirm if this is in store only? Or did they jack the prices back up? It's showing $29.99 for both the Xbox and PS3 versions on the site.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#29 czissis

czissis

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

I also got one during the BB sale. I actually threw out cycle because it was so crappy.

#30 The Punisher

The Punisher

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

Can anyone confirm if this is in store only? Or did they jack the prices back up? It's showing $29.99 for both the Xbox and PS3 versions on the site.

Its in store only.