wii u 249.99

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 BobBills

BobBills

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

wii u 249.99 at best buy i'm a newbie and cant post links not sure if this was posted

#2 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:38 PM

Posted Image

#3 ultramanJ

ultramanJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

$249 for 8GB vanilla version? No thanks.

Just imagine how hard you'll be kicking yourself come the holidays when the premium version is selling for that price with a bonus game.

#4 Alucard0x

Alucard0x

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

That is true. But what if you price match right now at target. You could also receive the $50 gift card.

#5 haunted hallows

haunted hallows

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

If the deluxe was $50 off I would buy it!

#6 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

thread title could use some work:oldman:

And not to sound like a jerk, but it helps to check before you post a deal, to see if it's already posted (story of my life:lol:)

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7 htz

htz

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

Amazon, Asda, ShopTo and GameStop have all taken a hit by introducing a £50 Wii U price cut, but the console is apparently still underperforming and some retailers may look to reduce shelf space dedicated to the product.
Unofficial Wii U price cut 'not working', UK retailers claim.
HMV slashes UK Wii U premium bundle to £200

I'm wondering if people will even buy the Wii U if it permanently dropped $50, doesn't seem to be working even with a temporary drop in the US or UK.

#8 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

That is true. But what if you price match right now at target. You could also receive the $50 gift card.

Would this work? $250 for the system and a game is about what I would pay. I could price match ZombiU from BB as well and still have a bit on the gift card.

I honestly don't really care that much about the Deluxe bonuses as I won't play Nintendoland, won't buy digital games, and the only thing it comes with that I would want is the stand. I have like 3 32gb flash drives around here that I could use.

Edited by kinney_bmx, 23 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#9 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm gonna repost what I posted over at reddit (r/wiiu)

Okay, so right now (Until the end of the day Saturday, I believe.) Best Buy is selling the Basic Wii U console at $249 and Nintendoland for $29.99.

Also this week, Target is giving you a $50 GC with the purchase of any Wii U.

Assuming this works, you could easily get Target to price match Best Buy for the $249.99 Wii U, and receive a $50 gift card.

Then, have them price match Nintendoland for $29.99, and use the $50 Gift Card to pick up that and the cradle set as well ($19.99) for essentially nothing.

That's basically the Deluxe bundle right there for $249, minus the Deluxe Digital Promotion and larger internal storage. (And black color, if that matters to you.)

Honestly if I didn't buy a Wii U at launch I'd be doing this, because I much prefer the white color.

The reason I say "Assuming this works." is that I don't know if Target would allow a price match and the gift card deal simultaneously. Folks have price matched Best Buy sales and gotten this week's "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale this week, so I'm leaning towards it working, but YMMV, obviously.

oIi9lub.png

#10 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

The extra 24GB storage is not worth the extra money anyways. Either way you'll need an external storage

#11 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

The extra 24GB storage is not worth the extra money anyways. Either way you'll need an external storage

Well, I think I'll be fine for a while with my 32GB. I don't intend on purchasing full retail titles from the eShop, but rather I'll just stick to the downloadable-exclusive stuff (Toki Tori 2, Runner 2, Zen Pinball, etc.)

oIi9lub.png

#12 deadkode

deadkode

savior of the vita

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:47 PM

i wish they had a deluxe model in white

#13 honkyjesus

honkyjesus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

$249 for 8GB vanilla version? No thanks.

Just imagine how hard you'll be kicking yourself come the holidays when the premium version is selling for that price with a bonus game.

Good post.

I just don't see myself jumping in for the U yet. I don't even have a Wii so I could play ALL those Wii games, too.

I am expecting about this price of 250 with higher storage in a bundle by October at the latest. The console isn't selling.

#14 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

i wish they had a deluxe model in white

Definitely, my gamepad looks like friggin' smudge city because it's black(not racist).

#15 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

Good post.

I just don't see myself jumping in for the U yet. I don't even have a Wii so I could play ALL those Wii games, too.

I am expecting about this price of 250 with higher storage in a bundle by October at the latest. The console isn't selling.

The estimated cost of the console is $228 without OS and all the other stuff. While I would love a price drop Nintento has already said they are selling it at a loss. It might be a bit before we see a price drop.

#16 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

The estimated cost of the console is $228 without OS and all the other stuff. While I would love a price drop Nintento has already said they are selling it at a loss. It might be a bit before we see a price drop.

Would you like me to go back to posts last year and link you some that say virtually the same thing about the 3DS? If they can't sell then they have to lower the price. If they're so worried about losing money then they shouldn't have put put a console at all.

#17 kinney_bmx

kinney_bmx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Would you like me to go back to posts last year and link you some that say virtually the same thing about the 3DS? If they can't sell then they have to lower the price. If they're so worried about losing money then they shouldn't have put put a console at all.

I'm not saying a price drop isn't a possibility. I'm saying that outside of a Retailer Holiday sale I doubt we're gonna see the Deluxe + AAA game for $300

The 3DS is a handheld. $250 for a handheld is ridiculous, $250 for a console especially one basically cradling between 7th & 8th gen isn't.

The big problem with the WiiU is games. There just isn't a system seller out there. If the price is the same by the time Pikmin or Zelda HD comes out then you'll see a lot more people buying the console even without a price drop.

Though this talk isn't really for the deal section so.

#18 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:37 PM

I'm wondering if people will even buy the Wii U if it permanently dropped $50, doesn't seem to be working even with a temporary drop in the US or UK.

Not true. The lower price has only been going on for a few days and if you don't follow a site like this then you have no clue its on sale.

#19 Agent Orange

Agent Orange

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

I'm not saying a price drop isn't a possibility. I'm saying that outside of a Retailer Holiday sale I doubt we're gonna see the Deluxe + AAA game for $300

The 3DS is a handheld. $250 for a handheld is ridiculous, $250 for a console especially one basically cradling between 7th & 8th gen isn't.

The big problem with the WiiU is games. There just isn't a system seller out there. If the price is the same by the time Pikmin or Zelda HD comes out then you'll see a lot more people buying the console even without a price drop.

Price will have to drop for holidays, because it will be going against next gen systems. If it can't even compete against current gen systems in the market, how is it going to hold up when next gen systems are out there? What if PS4 is only $399?

I have my eye on Pikmin 3 and Zelda HD personally (so in a way they are system sellers just for ME), but those are absolutely not going to move the needle for the general public in terms of total console sales.

Anyway $250 is not bad, IF it was the deluxe system I might have jumped on it. But since it's the regular version I'm going to hold off. I'm hoping they put out a "super deluxe" system with 128GB memory, 1 game, and maybe hit $299 for holiday. Honestly this basic system needs to drop to like $199 to really be competitive.

#20 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:49 PM

Problem is, I'm not even sure Pikmin is a huge system seller, though I have no doubt it'll be a great game. Zelda maybe, but I don't know how many people are going to be rushing out to buy a title they probably already played before.

I think Smash Bros will really attract buyers.

#21 haunted hallows

haunted hallows

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

I just got back from Target and they did price match Bet Buy and give me the gift card no questions asked.

#22 Ric1511

Ric1511

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:51 PM

I just got back from Target and they did price match Bet Buy and give me the gift card no questions asked.

Now that's a deal, I will try this later today.

#23 Budkin

Budkin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:56 PM

If the deluxe was $50 off I would buy it!

If you buy it by the end of the day at Target they'll give you a $50 gift card. Pretty much the same thing.

#24 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

Anyone not named blasterman have any advice between buying a 3DS or Wii U?

$250 + 50 dollar gift card is a good deal, but $160 for a 3DS XL and then Luigi's Mansion + free game is as well. Has to be decided within the next 2 hours, here.

#25 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:38 AM

SHUT UP unless you have anything DEAL/PRICE related. Opinions/fanboyism/antifanboyism posts go in the discussion forums. further offenders gets a weeks silence.
gwensigol8.png

#26 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:22 AM

Anyone not named blasterman have any advice between buying a 3DS or Wii U?

$250 + 50 dollar gift card is a good deal, but $160 for a 3DS XL and then Luigi's Mansion + free game is as well. Has to be decided within the next 2 hours, here.

As someone who owns both, I'd say get a 3DS XL instead.
Wii U has been selling poorly and there aren't any "must play" titles yet.
Might as well wait until they bundle it with Pikmin 3 or Mario, Zelda, etc.

3DS has a pretty great library to choose from.
Posted Image

#27 hotpocket

hotpocket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

As someone who owns both, I'd say get a 3DS XL instead.
Wii U has been selling poorly and there aren't any "must play" titles yet.
Might as well wait until they bundle it with Pikmin 3 or Mario, Zelda, etc.

3DS has a pretty great library to choose from.

Thanks, I have been slowly coming to the same conclusion.

It just makes more sense to buy the 3DS now. There are a plethora of good games out/coming out this year. Might buy a Wii U someday though. I think the gamepad is a cool idea.

#28 timro33

timro33

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Just did this too.

Used my Target card and final cost was just a little over $250 and also got the $50 gift card. No problem.

Kinda funny, as I was waiting in the price check line, a lady behind me was like, "The Wii U? You don't want to get that...my kids played it like twice and haven't touched it since." I just smiled; didn't have the heart to tell her I already had one and absolutely love it as do my kids.

So thanks

#29 crimsinf

crimsinf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:32 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get to Target just before they closed and managed the basic system, Nintendo Land, Mario U, ZombiU, and LEGO City Undercover for just under $350, including tax. Sure there'll eventually be a price drop, but I'm pretty happy with the deal I got now.

#30 Ric1511

Ric1511

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I was able to get to Target just before they closed and managed the basic system, Nintendo Land, Mario U, ZombiU, and LEGO City Undercover for just under $350, including tax. Sure there'll eventually be a price drop, but I'm pretty happy with the deal I got now.

Nice. I didn't get any games, but I did get the basic U pm'd for 249.99 & got the gift card. The electronics cashier was reluctant to give me the pm since they had the gift card promotion, but I went & talked to customer service and they did it without question. Happy with this deal as well!