- - - - -

Hori - Protective Screen Filter for PS Vita $2.99 @ BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Hori - Protective Screen Filter for PS Vita $2.99

Edited by htz, 14 April 2013 - 05:18 AM.
out of stock

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:28 AM

Hori - Protective Screen Filter for PS Vita $2.99

Best screen protector for the VITA IMO. Covers the entire front frace. It can be a bear to put on, and since it only comes with one I'd suggest looking at some of the youtube videos first.

I'm definitely going to buy 1 or 2 as back ups for my vitas

Thanks for posting!

#3 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

Thanks htz. Bought these back in December. Gonna buy a couple since the one I have on now is fairly scratched up.

#4 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:35 AM

I Ghost Armored mine right after release. Why would you put a cheap screen protector on an expensive screen? I don't think a trophy wife would appreciate you buying her dresses at Wal-Mart.

#5 Ryuu555

Ryuu555

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:46 AM

Don't even have a Vita yet, but grabbed one. I only trust Hori for screen protectors. Thanks OP!
Posted Image

#6 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

I was wondering how many screen protectors are there in one packet of this?

#7 htz

htz

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

i was wondering how many screen protectors are there in one packet of this?

#8 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

I Ghost Armored mine right after release. Why would you put a cheap screen protector on an expensive screen? I don't think a trophy wife would appreciate you buying her dresses at Wal-Mart.

Military Grade screen protectors! Ha!

Do you also buy Monster Cables? Those gold plated cables make your picture look better!

Hori is a good, quality brand. Price isn't everything.. Thanks OP, these were sold out forever after the Vita launch and I forgot about them.

Edited by NEP, 27 March 2013 - 05:57 AM.
typo

#9 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Gonna order a set to ship, since all my stores are out. I used the official Sony ones, those are amazing too. Had the same one on my Vita since release date, no scratches or smudges, and they even fit my 3DS XL screen lol.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

so you are saying your playstation vita is like a woman to you ?... strange fetish you got there.

#11 rbanez

rbanez

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

Thanks! Now that's gonna make applying this thing even more tense :)

#12 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Military Grade screen protectors! Ha!

Do you also buy Monster Cables? Those gold plated cables make your picture look better!

Hori is a good, quality brand. Price isn't everything.. Thanks OP, these were sold out forever after the Vita launch and I forgot about them.

Monster cables are garbage. I've Ghost Armored a ton of stuff ans years go by and they still look new. Totally worth it.

so you are saying your playstation vita is like a woman to you ?... strange fetish you got there.

No because I have a Vita...

#13 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

The Hori screen protectors are some of the best for video game handhelds and even WiiU. The fact that you can get this one at this price is even better.
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#14 Francision

Francision

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Grabbed one extra. Had mine since launch and it's just doing perfect with the hori protector.
Posted Image

#15 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Do you guys know how to stick the screen filter without bubble?

#16 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

Do you guys know how to stick the screen filter without bubble?

watch this video

#17 ckc4043

ckc4043

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:36 AM

watch this video

Thank you very much. I suck in sticking the screen protector. When I sticked the protector with my psp, my phone and other devices, there are many bubbles in the monitor so that I waste a lot of money and the screen protector....

#18 Chocoburger

Chocoburger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:08 AM

I initially bought a ZAGG Max Coverage PS Vita protector. Oh my lord, it was horrible. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! Anyway, Amazon were good sports, I returned it, completely ruined, but got a full refund.

I immediately bought the HORI one, and oh my lord, it was amazing! I love it so much, I think I'll buy me a back up one just in case. If you own a Vita, take advantage of this deal!

#19 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:42 AM

In for 3. My current screen protector isn't that great.

#20 h4mx0r

h4mx0r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:12 AM

What's the best way to clean the front of my Vita of finger oils and whatever before I apply the Hori protector?
Posted Image

#21 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks OP. I ordered 2 as I got both a black (launch unit) and white Vita, thanks to that Black Friday Assassin Creed bundle deal.

#22 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:56 AM

I initially bought a ZAGG Max Coverage PS Vita protector. Oh my lord, it was horrible. AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS! Anyway, Amazon were good sports, I returned it, completely ruined, but got a full refund.

I immediately bought the HORI one, and oh my lord, it was amazing! I love it so much, I think I'll buy me a back up one just in case. If you own a Vita, take advantage of this deal!

The "wet" install protectors are a superior product(IMO), but it does require experience and patience to install properly(can take a whole day in some cases). My first one came out poorly as well, but I liked the idea of what it offered and how the finished product could look. So I kept coming back for more abuse. LOL

I still use Hori for all my "screen" needs, but I use "wet" install skins for the "all over" areas of my devices(Skinomi, Zagg, etc.).

The Hori install process is awesome(They have improved it greatly over the years), and at this price it can't be beat. Other cheap brands now use their process as well. I just bought an XL skin direct from Hori last week and it was over 15 bucks. Amazon offers them cheaper, but I couldn't wait on their slow shipping, so I went direct to Hori.

#23 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

What's the best way to clean the front of my Vita of finger oils and whatever before I apply the Hori protector?

Windex!

Don't go spraying on the vita, just spray some on a paper towel and clean away.

#24 Nucking Futs

Nucking Futs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:43 PM

Awesome products from Hori! I have it on my Vita, 3DS XL & WiiU gamepad (screen). Need to get the newly released front face protector for the WiiU gamepad. In for 2 for back up and/or a new Vita color gets released I like (translucent red but doubt it). Oh yeah, they make great arcade joysticks too, LOL!...Hori VLX Diamond FTMFW!!
- Jimmy

Love me some arcade sticks!

#25 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

Thx OP.
Xecutioner
CML

#26 czissis

czissis

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

Terrific screen protector. I put one on right at launch and it still looks perfect. Super easy application process and is barely visible.

I think I'll grab another just as a backup.

#27 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

When I first got it I would have completely agreed, I've bought Hori gear before, (HORI RAP VLX) and was impressed with their quality. So after actually receiving these, man.. I was disappointed at first. The material feels exactly the same as any of those crappy $1 protectors you can buy overseas.

However, I've had mine for about 5 months and it's def not the same design. My protector has yet to scratch (then again, I rarely even use it lol) but I do like that it actually doesn't feel like a 'protector' at all compared to any film protector you can buy.

#28 Hiroshou

Hiroshou

You bred Raptors!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

In for 1 thanks OP
Posted ImagePosted Image

#29 ElectricStarshine

ElectricStarshine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks OP, bought 2. Works out great for me since i just screwed up my current protector.

#30 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

I've had one of these on my Vita for about 8 months now, and I'm really happy with it! It was fairly easy to apply and it doesn't make using the touchscreen difficult like some screen protectors do. And the little cloth it comes with does a really good job at removing fingerprint smudges!

Thanks, OP, in for 1 more in case I need a backup!