Dishonored (360 & PS3) Pre-Owned $27.99 before PUR at Gamestop

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hers is the link. I believe this is the first sale of any kind on this game since Black Friday so I thought it was worth posting.

http://www.gamestop....=16k-Dishonored

Says online only but in the past that isn't always true with GS. I'm going to check it in store this evening to see if it's the same. I'll post back unless someone beats me to it.

#2 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Great game. A must play.

#3 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

new version says 29.99? doesnt that mean it is on sale? Also I cant get neither CAG16 nor my PUR card to stack with this...idk why...

Edit: never mind, I got them to work.
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.

#4 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

new version says 29.99? doesnt that mean it is on sale? Also I cant get neither CAG16 nor my PUR card to stack with this...idk why...

Edit: never mind, I got them to work.

When I looked at the website new wasn't listed yet. They must have been updating it. I corrected my comment. Thanks

#5 trollape74

trollape74

Lifting and Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Still have my Black Friday copy sealed. Can't remember any price lower than that off the top of my head though. Nice find OP.

#6 nathan88

nathan88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

nvm

#7 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.

#8 JMusic

JMusic

音楽人

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

$30 new is a good price. $28 used (and from GS) really isnt so good. This can be had on ebay or amazon used and in better shape for around $25.

But with CAG16 and PUR, it comes out to less than $25 after tax and shipped, so $25 from Amazon really isn't so good. :)

#9 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:45 PM

With the 20% off coupon and 10% from PUR, it becomes ~$21.16 before tax, which is a slightly better price point.

...This is assuming the used price is effective in-store, of course. :oops:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#10 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

It is in store as well.

630736.png

#11 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

it will wait for $10 on this.

#12 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Can I use the birthday coupon with a $5 off pre-owned coupon?

#13 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Assuming it is in better shape is silly. Especially if you go to the store and the price is active.

#14 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Can I use the birthday coupon with a $5 off pre-owned coupon?

Every Gamestop employee tries to tell me it's one or the other, or that they won't stack, but they will if they enter both codes, the system will allow it.

I believe as long as the coupons are different types, like one is 10% off used and one is $5 off used they will stack, but you can't stack a 20% off used with another 20% off to make it 40%.

I used the 15% off new (from a closing store) with a $25 off any gamestop purchase to get Crysis 3, and the 20% off used with a $10 off used to get Metal Gear HD recently.

You just need to get them to enter both codes, even if they say it won't work.
Posted Image

#15 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Any dumb online codes/passes or anything for this game? I know it's single only, but I just gotta be safe these days when considering buying anything used.

#16 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

Any dumb online codes/passes or anything for this game? I know it's single only, but I just gotta be safe these days when considering buying anything used.

Nope. Single player only.

Every Gamestop employee tries to tell me it's one or the other, or that they won't stack, but they will if they enter both codes, the system will allow it.

I believe as long as the coupons are different types, like one is 10% off used and one is $5 off used they will stack, but you can't stack a 20% off used with another 20% off to make it 40%.

I used the 15% off new (from a closing store) with a $25 off any gamestop purchase to get Crysis 3, and the 20% off used with a $10 off used to get Metal Gear HD recently.

You just need to get them to enter both codes, even if they say it won't work.

I've had multiple associates at 3 different Gamestops tell me that stuff like that won't stack. They tell me, straight up, "coupons won't stack".

660090.png 660091.png

#17 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

-double post-

660090.png 660091.png

#18 movie2cats

movie2cats

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

Thanks OP! I've been waiting for this.

#19 brandtron8000

brandtron8000

Devilution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

I've had multiple associates at 3 different Gamestops tell me that stuff like that won't stack. They tell me, straight up, "coupons won't stack".

Yeah, one guy absolutely refused to even attempt trying to enter another code until he talked to his manager and argued they wouldn't stack, the manager said "Uh, I dunno. Try it?" He put in the code and they stacked no problem.

My argument is that if the system will not allow it then fine, but it will.

Only thing I've noticed is they discount dollar amounts first then take off a percentage when stacking.

Hardest part is getting them to actually try it.
Posted Image

#20 mpaullin

mpaullin

Sarcasm Font Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I think what they mean to say is they are not supposed to stack (most say they can't be combined in the fine print), but a lot of them actually do in the system. A few weeks ago I used my PUR discount, a $5 off coupon, the 20% birthday coupon, and a 25% any used games all on the same item. You just have to succeed in getting the employee to try it.

Edit: Above poster confirmed more or less the same thing. I will add that eventually you reach a point of diminishing returns stacking coupons. I only ended up saving a few more dollars using the 25% off coupon with all of those others I mentioned. I would have been better off using it on another game, but it was about to expire and I didn't want anything else.

#21 merchie89

merchie89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

Dead Space 3, Dishonored,and......Witcher 2? I cant decide on a 3rd game!
(Actual register date 3/3/2009, not sure why I switched accounts)

#22 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I am going to get this with the 20% birthday coupon on top of 10% PUR. Just got to decide which system to get it for. Any suggestions?

#23 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

I am going to get this with the 20% birthday coupon on top of 10% PUR. Just got to decide which system to get it for. Any suggestions?

After much deliberation, I bit on it for PS3. It runs great and it's very detailed. Paid $38 and it felt worth it to me.:)

660090.png 660091.png

#24 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:31 PM

I'll buy online. Anything coupons to stack other than CAG16 and SAVER (others are not supposed to stack, but they have been)?

#25 wolverinevsx23

wolverinevsx23

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Where is that thread for the 20% off birthday coupon? Someone post a link. Thanks.

#26 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:31 AM

Damn w/ my birthday coming up soon this one is tempting

#27 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:57 AM

store checker shows 0 for new copies within 100 miles, these are most likely converted from NEW to USED. Sweet deal if you can grab it for 30% off with the birthday coupon/edge discount!

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#28 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:36 PM

store checker shows 0 for new copies within 100 miles, these are most likely converted from NEW to USED. Sweet deal if you can grab it for 30% off with the birthday coupon/edge discount!

Nah, we just haven't gotten an new copies in for a while. No conversions in my district.

#29 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

I really enjoyed this, but I'm probably not going to buy it until it hits sub $20 (rented it through gamefly trial). Great game though, everyone that likes Deus Ex or Bioshock should give it a go:D
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#30 arsenalcrazy8

arsenalcrazy8

As Cheap As Wenger.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

Where is that thread for the 20% off birthday coupon? Someone post a link. Thanks.

well march is almost over anyway; what we really need is some kind soul to post the april coupon...
Up the Gunners!!!!!
I am Cheap, therefore I buy Cheap.