Photo
- - - - -

Best Buy - Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3) $20 YMMV?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 azazel891

azazel891

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:34 PM

At Best Buy I saw a sticker on it that said value price $20. Not sure if this was on clearance or not so definitely YMMV I believe.

First time posting, long time reader, so sorry for any errors. Also if this has been posted please delete this thread.

#2 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

:whee:

#3 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

Never tried the BioShock games, is it worth checking it out?

#4 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

trying infinite, i got bishock free from some forum and bioshock 2 free from ps+

#5 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

^You have got to be kidding with this question :D

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#6 eXiON

eXiON

CAG Grandmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

What are you waiting for?! Bioshock 1, and 2 are quite possibly two of the most immersive games this generation. I haven't played Inifinite yet, so I can't comment on that (yet).

#7 secretvampire

secretvampire

Call me Baron von Marlon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:35 PM

I like the YMMV attached to the end. Because a major retailer is going to discount a huge AAA release by $50 one day after release. Hah. :)

Some noob employee just made a mistake at a single location.

#8 BMXJouster

BMXJouster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I like the YMMV attached to the end. Because a major retailer is going to discount a huge AAA release by $50 one day after release. Hah. :)

I would think the "Rapture Edition" would be enough of a clue, but in case it isn't this is the game he's talking about:

http://www.amazon.co...3/dp/B009WI7VAS

#9 Gideon68

Gideon68

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ultimate Rapture Edition has the first two games and the Bonus content. It's not Infinite.

You beat me BMX.

#10 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

if i didnt have the ps3 version of bioshock infinite this would interest me more. the dlc isnt on my radar so ill just pick up a cheap bioshock 2 at some point
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#11 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:11 PM

if i didnt have the ps3 version of bioshock infinite this would interest me more. the dlc isnt on my radar so ill just pick up a cheap bioshock 2 at some point

it is $9.99 used at bestbuy.

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:14 PM

it is $9.99 used at bestbuy.

not bad at all. i also have a 5$ reward zone coupon but im probibly saving that for the last of us.
Currently playing
:ps4: blacklight retribution, mlb 14, lego marvel, the transistor, contrast, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#13 Desousa93

Desousa93

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

I have 0 intrest in infinite for a pretty ridiculous reason (other than price). But since I havn't played either of these games so I'm tempted. This is my reason for not wanting to play infinite:
Look at those boobies grabbed your attention huh? So big and cleavagy with that dress thing.

Now she is belle from the beauty and the beast. She looks like a character from the PS2's Kingdom hearts. She looks like a disney princess with a big bobble head and huge eyes.

#14 Phenomic

Phenomic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I have 0 intrest in infinite for a pretty ridiculous reason (other than price). But since I havn't played either of these games so I'm tempted. This is my reason for not wanting to play infinite:

Now she is belle from the beauty and the beast. She looks like a character from the PS2's Kingdom hearts. She looks like a disney princess with a big bobble head and huge eyes.

While I will say I thought the earlier trailers were better and I liked the older art style more. As you play with the game and start to watch Elizabeth interact with her environment and how she makes the world come alive you basically won't care anymore that it doesn't look super realistic because you get the feeling she is.

Also, really she looks fine... this is just a bad screen cap.

Last thing... didn't mean to derail the deals thread just had to make my peace with that. I'm not hugely far into the game, but from what I've played ... even if you don't pay the full price. You don't want to pass on the game and miss out on that aspect just because the art style isn't photorealistic IMO.

#15 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

LMAO, guy calls someone out for making a noob mistaking, whilst making a noob mistake. Too funny.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#16 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

While I don't fully agree, I just stumbled upon this after reading the post and had to come back to share...

Spoiler

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#17 secretvampire

secretvampire

Call me Baron von Marlon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

I would think the "Rapture Edition" would be enough of a clue, but in case it isn't this is the game he's talking about:

D'OOOOOOOOOOH! I guess I have Infinite on the mind, I have it sitting on my PC and haven't been able to touch it yet. My bad.

#18 souNdwAve89

souNdwAve89

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

You're missing out if you skip these games. They're one of the best this generation. BioShock Infinite and possibly The Last of Us are great games to end this generation.

#19 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Hmm not a bad deal since I don't have the DLC

#20 Kirnzee

Kirnzee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

D'OOOOOOOOOOH! I guess I have Infinite on the mind, I have it sitting on my PC and haven't been able to touch it yet. My bad.

I thought the same thing when I first saw it, don't feel bad :p.

These two games don't take long to beat, Bio 2 has multiplayer on it but probably not a lot of dedicated fans playing that portion. If you have a rental store near you I'd say do that and save some cash.

#21 Retro Legends

Retro Legends

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:50 PM

has anyone else ran across this in their area?

#22 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Definately worth picking up if you havent played them. The game length isnt long but its super satisfy once you have completed it. http://www.grandgamer.uni.me/dealse/

#23 TimesTicking

TimesTicking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Well, I went to my local Best Buy and the game was being sold for $30 :(
but surprisingly, I found MGS HD Collection for $18 :)
So that wasn't a waste of a trip XD

#24 cubeenigma

cubeenigma

Cheap Ass Chinese Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:51 AM

with the gamer mag coupons D:!!

unless I don't know what I'm talking about

hmmm wish they had the Xbox. thanks anyways for heads up!

#25 guessed

guessed

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:26 AM

with the gamer mag coupons D:!!

unless I don't know what I'm talking about

hmmm wish they had the Xbox. thanks anyways for heads up!

Not a coupon, they've been $17.99 at BB for a while for both consoles. There haven't been any available in my region for weeks.
Will 'watch Family Guy with you and explain the pop culture references you don't understand' for food.

#26 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:36 AM

While I don't fully agree, I just stumbled upon this after reading the post and had to come back to share...

Spoiler

:applause::lol::applause:
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#27 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

Look at those boobies grabbed your attention huh? So big and cleavagy with that dress thing.

1. The person portraying Elizabeth in the cinematic trailer is a girl who cosplayed as Elizabeth and was then hired by Irrational Games in December (pretty cool of them if you ask me): http://kotaku.com/bi...actua-458779624
2. This trailer is most likely Irrational's publisher trying to market the game towards the "fratboys" like they did with the cover art which is why there's alternative. Here is a video where Ken talks about it
3. This has been stated over and over that they were inspired by Disney princesses, it's no secret.

From Shawn Robertson, Animation Director:

Elizabeth is the heart and soul of Bioshock Infinite, and as such her expressiveness is integral to the narrative. When designing her, we exaggerated her features so the player could clearly read her emotions at any given moment. We looked at some of the female leads from Disney animated movies and drew inspiration from their designs

It's cool that you admit the reason you are skipping the game for now is ridiculous but I hope you pick it up when it's cheaper sometime. I just beat the game today and it's as good as all the reviews are saying (especially on PC). Easily in my top 5
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#28 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

bioshock comes free with bioshock infinite?

i got stuck on those bioshock puzzles and could never pass them, i will buy it and give it another shot

#29 Darigaaz

Darigaaz

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Play this game first
http://www.gog.com/g.../system_shock_2

#30 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:26 AM

Play this game first
http://www.gog.com/g.../system_shock_2

I know this is OT, but do older games from GOG work without compatibility issues (ie, playing Windows 98/XP games on a Windows 7)? Would I be able to buy this, install it and play it without having to patch/mod anything?

I purchased Max Payne 1 & 2, and Vampire: The Masquarade on Steam and I had to go through quite a few patches to get those games working on my system. I was hoping these games were updated/fixed to install and work properly given that Valve knows what OS people are using.

Currently playing:

:3ds: Legend of Zelda A Link Between Worlds - :) 
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist