The Walking Dead Survival Instinct (360) $29.99 on BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Young Deezy

Young Deezy

I wipe my own ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Just bought it from BB.com for $30. It was $16.30 total for me since I used a $15 giftcard. Good deal for any Walking Dead fans out there even if the reviews were mediocre.

#2 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Just bought it from BB.com for $30. It was $16.30 total for me since I used a $15 giftcard. Good deal for any Walking Dead fans out there even if the reviews were mediocre.

http://www.gameranki...inct/index.html

I think that's a bit worse than mediocre...

Posted Image

#3 poker360

poker360

The AWD Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

:whee:

splintercelll.jpg
Check out the Amazon Warehouse Deals Thread!
fss.png

#4 Young Deezy

Young Deezy

I wipe my own ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Biogamergirl.com gave it a 7.5

#5 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

That's the one review ABOVE a 5/10. And to be honest I've never heard of them.

Posted Image

#6 Young Deezy

Young Deezy

I wipe my own ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

That's the one review ABOVE a 5/10. And to be honest I've never heard of them.

She has boobs

#7 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

It's probably safer to just rent this from Redbox for a night.

Also, this is one of the advertised deals for Best Buy this week: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=340815

#8 loc0bob

loc0bob

10 Year CAGiversay April 2014!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

I rented this game and am currently playing throught it because i am a huge WD fan and I'd have to say its not as bad as everyone is portraying on the Internet.

No, it's not a AAA release but I like the "stealth" tactics it allows you to use and it does make you feel like your part of the show and looking for supplies while trying to avoid the zombie hordes when your in towns. Plus nothing feels better than killing a zombie with the crossbow and then pulling the arrow out of their eye and reloading it and killing another even before they know your there.

That being said, the story is lacking in areas and the game feels a little repetitive by the time u get near the end.

Overall it's a solid game though that I feel any walking dead fan should play through once (especially if you like Darryl or Meryl). I would not recommend buying this thought until it hits $10-15.

#9 mindcycle

mindcycle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:13 PM

Still too much.. by about 29.99.

#10 TPerryoo7

TPerryoo7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

If anyones looking for this game, I have a copy available for 23 bucks shipped :) for PS3
Posted Image

#11 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

I'll pick it up when it's $5.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#12 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

Posted this video in the weekly ads but I might as well post it here as well so people will know. This game is just a quick cash in because of how popular TWD is getting. Don't give them your money.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#13 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

She has boobs

As do most of the Giant Bomb guys, but they gave it 1 star out of 5.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#14 shady859

shady859

Big Blue Nation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

$2 at Redbox but all they stock is 360 version. 1 day is all you'll need, want! Lol

I saw that video last week, 1:30 and 3:10 for the best parts. I still wanna play it though... ;) TWD whore.

#15 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

Really wish they included the WiiU version, honestly can't see why they didn't..if they had and I could have used the discount code I would have bought it. Want to get it on WiiU to build up the library and since there is no online with the game, doesn't matter if my friends pick it up or not..

#16 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

Then u know its bad :lol:

#17 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

I'll wait till it hits $5

#18 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I predict this hitting $10 within the next two months and that'll still be 5 bucks too much.

Just saw Rewards members get a other $10 off. $20 and it hasn't even been out for a month yet.

Edited by Brash_Attack, 31 March 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#19 jrr6415sun

jrr6415sun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

She has boobs

all the reason not to trust the review

I predict this hitting $10 within the next two months and that'll still be 5 bucks too much.

Just saw Rewards members get a other $10 off. $20 and it hasn't even been out for a month yet.

$10 off is for the other walking dead game, not this one.

#20 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

Posted this video in the weekly ads but I might as well post it here as well so people will know. This game is just a quick cash in because of how popular TWD is getting. Don't give them your money.

That is hilarious. The zombies just don't seem all that interested in eating Daryl. :lol:

Best part is how he holds the knife the same way he holds the rifle. With the left hand just there... holding nothing.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#21 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:20 PM

I'll pick it up when it's $5.

Yes, it looks pretty bad, but I'm still enough of a fan that I would probably pay $10 new for it. I would be willing to pay $5 used for it though.

#22 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

$10 off is for the other walking dead game, not this one.

Oops. Very right you are. Either way, I rented this game for $2 from Redbox and I still feel ripped off.

#23 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

heck no.. Angry Joe made a great review and i will not buy this game till it's 0.99 cents..

Posted Image

#24 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I rented this game and am currently playing throught it because i am a huge WD fan and I'd have to say its not as bad as everyone is portraying on the Internet.

No, it's not a AAA release but I like the "stealth" tactics it allows you to use and it does make you feel like your part of the show and looking for supplies while trying to avoid the zombie hordes when your in towns. Plus nothing feels better than killing a zombie with the crossbow and then pulling the arrow out of their eye and reloading it and killing another even before they know your there.

That being said, the story is lacking in areas and the game feels a little repetitive by the time u get near the end.

Overall it's a solid game though that I feel any walking dead fan should play through once (especially if you like Darryl or Meryl). I would not recommend buying this thought until it hits $10-15.

I feel the exact same way. I got it for $37 from Amazon and it's really not even remotely close to as bad as people say. Even in this very thread, people complain about some of the dumbest things. "Daryl holds the knife the same as the rifle." How does this affect gameplay? There's nothing broken about the combat. Could it be better? Probably. But all of the weapons work as intended. There are collision issues when you're hiding behind cover, but I've had those same problems in Dead Island and Call of Duty. Not to say this game is on the level of either of those...but it's definitely not broken.

"The zombies don't seem that interested in eating Daryl." Yeah, if you're smart enough to approach them one at a time, you're mostly fine (as pretty much every other person in any other zombie medium has been). But get surrounded by a group of 5-6 and you're in trouble. I invite anybody who disputes this to enter the Morgue in the hospital and just start firing shots carelessly.

The other complaint I've read is "the game is only like 4 hours long". What freaking speed are these people running through the levels without showing any restraint or tact? If you play the game at all as it was intended (ie. sneaking up on zombies and executing them from behind, sniping them with the crossbow, searching for the collectibles, etc) you should EASILY log 10 hours.

The only legitimate complaint I have with the game is that after you beat it, there isn't a "level select" option. This means that any collectible or achievement that you missed...you've got to play through the entire game again to get back to it. To me, that's a real complaint. Not "hehe...Daryl's holding the gun wrong!"

I would also agree that the locations get very repetitive. The idea of stopping to scavenge for supplies along the road becomes a bit of a chore because there's really only a handful of different settings (garage, neighborhood, highway, campsite, etc). Those are areas where I feel like the developer got especially lazy and it hurts the gameplay a bit. As a TWD fan though, I still think the game is pretty enjoyable, and as loc0bob mentioned, sniping zombies with a crossbow and then pulling the bolt out of their skull is incredibly satisfying.

#25 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

I can't believe that amazon is still giving $31.05 as a TIV.

I'm thinking about picking it up just so I can convert some RZ certs to Amazon credit and get a free rental out of it

#26 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

$4.99 or no deal.

#27 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:23 PM

How the hell call you log 10 hours "easy"? I played through the whole game stealth, stopped and searched for supplies every chance I got, always took the longer route, looked for car keys, looked for survival optional missions, etc and still beat the game in less than 5 hours.

I've been a fan of the series since the comics and this show seems more like a slap in the face of fans than anything. It was a disgusting cash grab that could have been decent with at least another year of development.

#28 TortillaSoup

TortillaSoup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 08:32 PM

Why would anyone buy this? Even fans. Come on.

#29 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:01 PM

How the hell call you log 10 hours "easy"? I played through the whole game stealth, stopped and searched for supplies every chance I got, always took the longer route, looked for car keys, looked for survival optional missions, etc and still beat the game in less than 5 hours.

I've been a fan of the series since the comics and this show seems more like a slap in the face of fans than anything. It was a disgusting cash grab that could have been decent with at least another year of development.

According to Raptr, I logged 20 hours in the game last week. Now, I have a one year old to take care of, so I do leave my Xbox idle a good amount of time. But I figured half of that was a fair estimate. I just know that I read complaints of how "short" the game was, so I was expecting really quick levels. And most of them felt longer than expected. I don't know. Maybe I cleared out more zombies than a lot of people did. I used the advanced machete for a lot of the game (until I got the crossbow anyway). I really tried not to use firearms unless I had to because I wanted the game to feel more like the comics.

#30 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

I feel the exact same way. I got it for $37 from Amazon and it's really not even remotely close to as bad as people say. Even in this very thread, people complain about some of the dumbest things. "Daryl holds the knife the same as the rifle." How does this affect gameplay? There's nothing broken about the combat. Could it be better? Probably. But all of the weapons work as intended. There are collision issues when you're hiding behind cover, but I've had those same problems in Dead Island and Call of Duty. Not to say this game is on the level of either of those...but it's definitely not broken.

"The zombies don't seem that interested in eating Daryl." Yeah, if you're smart enough to approach them one at a time, you're mostly fine (as pretty much every other person in any other zombie medium has been). But get surrounded by a group of 5-6 and you're in trouble. I invite anybody who disputes this to enter the Morgue in the hospital and just start firing shots carelessly.

The other complaint I've read is "the game is only like 4 hours long". What freaking speed are these people running through the levels without showing any restraint or tact? If you play the game at all as it was intended (ie. sneaking up on zombies and executing them from behind, sniping them with the crossbow, searching for the collectibles, etc) you should EASILY log 10 hours.

The only legitimate complaint I have with the game is that after you beat it, there isn't a "level select" option. This means that any collectible or achievement that you missed...you've got to play through the entire game again to get back to it. To me, that's a real complaint. Not "hehe...Daryl's holding the gun wrong!"

I would also agree that the locations get very repetitive. The idea of stopping to scavenge for supplies along the road becomes a bit of a chore because there's really only a handful of different settings (garage, neighborhood, highway, campsite, etc). Those are areas where I feel like the developer got especially lazy and it hurts the gameplay a bit. As a TWD fan though, I still think the game is pretty enjoyable, and as loc0bob mentioned, sniping zombies with a crossbow and then pulling the bolt out of their skull is incredibly satisfying.

Did you even watch the video I posted on the first page? It highlights so many things wrong with the game. Why do people feel that they have to defend a cheap cash-in? If any fans of the show really wanted to know what happens (it's a shitty story) you can just read the plot on a wiki or something. This game was made in about 6 months and reviewers had to go out and purchase the game because Activision knew it was crap and didn't bother sending anybody review copies. They just wanted to make some quick money because of TWD's popularity. That's all it is. Also, playing the game as intended? Are you kidding me? Call of Juarez: The Cartel even got better reviews.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.