Photo
- - - - -

BioShock Infinite: Seige of Columbia [Board Game] - $59.95 Preorder Price!

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Get those mini Handyman figures ready!
Preorder price of $59.95. It will retail for $84.95.

(Release date is still TBD. Shipping is about $10. Bringing your total to $70. And yes PayPal is available.)

http://www.plaidhatgames.com/store/38

More info here: Forbes.com
Additional product photos here. *Thanks Sanges99 for the linkage.

Edited by blinknot4, 04 April 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#2 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:34 PM

I just want to give a shout out to Plaid Hat Games and Colby for being an awesome company to order from with fantastic customer service and for making great games.

Even if you're not interested in the Bioshock game, I can highly recommend Summoner Wars from them if you're looking for a 1v1 game.

#3 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

I've been keeping an eye on this game ever since I heard about it, the wife and I are really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they sell their games anywhere besides their website?

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?

#4 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

Is this preorder a recent thing? Someone mentioned this game in another Bioshock Infinite thread a week ago and said that apparently there has been a concerning lack of information on this game in recent months.

#5 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Is this preorder a recent thing? Someone mentioned this game in another Bioshock Infinite thread a week ago and said that apparently there has been a concerning lack of information on this game in recent months.

Preorders started today. Check the Forbes link in my OP.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#6 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

So I take it that, being a board game, it's multiplayer only? 8-)

#7 WatTsu

WatTsu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

I got the collector's edition with the little Handyman figure and as such I am curious about this game. I've never played a Plaid Hat game and the pictures make it look like there's an awful lot going on. How difficult are games like this to pick up?
Executive Producer, Host, and Creator
Geekspeak
http://www.geekspeakradio.us

#8 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

I got the collector's edition with the little Handyman figure and as such I am curious about this game. I've never played a Plaid Hat game and the pictures make it look like there's an awful lot going on. How difficult are games like this to pick up?

From my experience of playing a few boards games, you might get a general idea of how to play after your first game. After a few more times you learn more about specific rules and might start to develop your own strategies for the game. Just don't expect to learn how to play right off the bat without playing a few rounds and reading the manual.

Regarding the actual difficulty of the game, it's anyone guess right now because game is not even out yet.

#9 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:40 PM

Hmm... I know it's Bioshock and all.. but $60 for a board game? DAMN!

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#10 jeebert

jeebert

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I've been keeping an eye on this game ever since I heard about it, the wife and I are really looking forward to it. Does anyone know if they sell their games anywhere besides their website?

It'll be available at amazon and other online board game retailers. I just hope it doesn't sell out right away like Mice and Mystics. I wanna wait for some reviews, but that game was out of stock for a long time.
Now playing poorly:
:360: Just Cause 2
:wii: Kirby's Epic Yarn
:ds: Golden Sun 2

#11 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Seems to be common for licensed board games, actually. For example, the Gears of War board game still fetches a near-MSRP price.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#12 ctclements

ctclements

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Getting into quality board games is expensive, Ticket to Ride, Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan all costed about this when they came out. The way I see it is I just get a new game for a weekend and make that the date night with my girlfriend.

#13 king9x

king9x

King of NYNEX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

I thought the same thing. I wasn't sure if the exclamation point on the topic was for excitement or to emphasize the ridiculous price.

Surprised it was for the former.

On a related note, doesn't it seem assbackwards to make a board game out of a video game? So you can imagine playing the real game while rolling a dice and moving a cardboard character around? Not to mention all the setup that goes with taking it out of the box, reading the instructions, organizing all the pieces. Oh, and other players as well. "Hey, wanna come over and play some games? No, you don't have to bring your XBOX/PS3/PC but can you pick up some soda and chips? We're gonna PARTY HARD!"

Oh, and $60 bucks... the same price as, well, the actual video game. You should buy the actual game and just read the manual. Then "imagine" the wacky adventures yourself. I think that would be comparable, plus you'd have the actual game too if you were into that sort of stuff.

I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Posted Image

#14 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

Me and my GF both love Board Games and Bioshock. This will be a no brainer. I am waiting on the actual release date so I know if I can afford it at the time.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#15 georox

georox

The Captain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

$60 is fucking cheap for a boardgame compared to others out there. Go to a game convention and look at the ones that are $100+ that have $60 expansions... or $200+ collectors editions.

Hell, my local game store still has the Starcraft board game at retail, which is around $100. Cheapest on Amazon is $163 or so.

3DS Friend code - 1418-6866-3699

#16 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

$60 is fucking cheap for a boardgame compared to others out there. Go to a game convention and look at the ones that are $100+ that have $60 expansions... or $200+ collectors editions.

Hell, my local game store still has the Starcraft board game at retail, which is around $100. Cheapest on Amazon is $163 or so.

I guess when I think "board game" I think of Monopoly and Chutes and Ladders. I guess board games can be serious business. :P

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#17 bigsick

bigsick

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Do they charge up front

#18 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:42 AM

Some more pics from that "other" gaming community--dizzamn that is some hideous boxart though. :puke:
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#19 AcidRain25

AcidRain25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:53 AM

Tabletop board games are definitively starting to make a come back. I've seen quite a few on Kickstarter lately and Zombicide Season 2 just finished with over $2.25 million raised with the average pledge being $252 per person. So I would say the price tag of this BioShock board game seems right based on what you get in the box and compared to similar games.

I don't think this type of board game is for me but I do appreciate the post. And now that I know what my handyman figure was supposed to be used for I will probably sell it to someone who is going to buy this board game.

#20 Rsmobile

Rsmobile

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:13 PM

I guess when I think "board game" I think of Monopoly and Chutes and Ladders. I guess board games can be serious business. :P

Those dicechucking snoozefests ruined board gaming for everyone. Now nobody considers board games real games. Which is a shame because there are real gems of considerable depth and quality in all shapes and sizes.

#21 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:34 PM

Just set him to ignore, I think most others do. You said it yourself, he never posts anything of consequence so you'll be sure you're not missing anything.

A brilliant idea. Just did it - thanks SteveGo.

Some more pics from that "other" gaming community--dizzamn that is some hideous boxart though.

Good find on the additional photos. Added to my OP, thanks!

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#22 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Some more pics from that "other" gaming community--dizzamn that is some hideous boxart though. :puke:

Total missed opportunity on the box art. Should have emulated the vintage art design used in the game.

#23 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

Yeah but by and large you end up getting better deals on Amazon for games.
Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Newest story: SimCity Reviewers Have Failed Their Readers
Newest Review: Generation of Chaos: Pandora's Reflection, SimCity
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#24 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hmm, anyone know if Amazon will get these in for preorder or not? I guess right now until I know a solid release date and if they don't charge till it ships I will hold off.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#25 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:52 PM

I'm really interested in this, but i want to know more about the actual game mechanics. :/

11317.png

#26 Not Eric

Not Eric

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:10 PM

I'm really interested in this, but i want to know more about the actual game mechanics. :/

The rulebook should be posted on www.plaidhatgames.com sometime before the game is released.

#27 Sion

Sion

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

Really interested in ordering this but I got a feeling it would just end up as a shelf piece and never opened. None of my friends have any interest in playing board games which sucks.

sig.gif Sionz.png
My Game Collection: Currently at 1,272 games owned!
Completed Games: 2013

#28 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:18 PM

Normally I'd never consider a $70 board game, but I did just finish Bioshock Infinite (and Bioshock is one of my all time favorite games), and I did get my tax returns recently so I think I am actually gonna bite one this. hopefully this is fun with the lady.

#29 Corvin

Corvin

...of Gilead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

None of my friends have any interest in playing board games which sucks.

I'm in the same boat. Fortunately I got my wife hooked on Pandemic.

#30 Mixer23

Mixer23

I was the Turkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

Normally I'd never consider a $70 board game, but I did just finish Bioshock Infinite (and Bioshock is one of my all time favorite games), and I did get my tax returns recently so I think I am actually gonna bite one this. hopefully this is fun with the lady.

Me too, but at this point I think I'd probably even buy an Infinite-themed stepladder. :lol:

The articles I read seem to conjure up these images of Capcom executives sitting in a dark room with a cauldron and cackling about how no one will be able to buy this game used.

Do you really think I could start a fast food restaurant called McDonaldz and use the golden arches as my logo and get away with it?