Photo
- - - - -

Star Trek 3-disc BD: $5 at Walmar YMMV

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Timmy_Tim_Tim

Timmy_Tim_Tim

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

Just left Wal-Mart in Lakeland, FL. They had multiple copies of Star Trek, the 3-disc Blu-ray Special Edition with Digital Copy, for $5. Looked like the DVD was regular price. This was sitting on a shelf with a $5 shelf tag. Rang up at checkout with no problems.

#2 jedifrog21

jedifrog21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

My Walmart SUCKS. They never have any of this stuff. I'm supposed to go "WHAT NO WAY!" at dvds for $7.88

#3 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Rummage the $5 bin. You would be surprised what you find there.

#4 rcannon

rcannon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

My Walmart SUCKS. They never have any of this stuff. I'm supposed to go "WHAT NO WAY!" at dvds for $7.88

Same here. If I want to drive 30 mins to the next closest Walmart I can get some of these deals, but that is just too far to maybe get a good deal.
"Once upon a time I could control myself' - Once by Pearl Jam

#5 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

Driving by Walmart tomorrow, I may have to stop in to check it out. Thanks.

#6 HCHecxz

HCHecxz

The Hecxzellent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I know we have a buttload of them sitting on this small overflow cap sticking out like a sore thumb in our walmart for over a year now. Looks like I might go check and scan them just to see. I hope your right. I so wanted this movie on Blu-Ray.
The Hecxz-ellent One of CAG.com

Posted Image

#7 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:02 AM

I feel like I've seen this, probably at a similar price, in my walmart before. Stupidly didn't pick it up though, so I'll have to check next time I'm there
A chilled bottom is the root of all illness.

#8 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:47 AM

I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.

#9 mediviper

mediviper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:52 AM

Nice, Ill have to check it out. Thanks OP

#10 Will

Will

Official CAG Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 11:03 AM

I got this about a year ago when they had it for $5 along with transformers big edition. Digital copy says it expired in 2010.

It may still work because I was behind on downloading several of my DCs and I remember doing this one last month and it worked just fine.

http://www.cheapassg...trade-gone-bad/

Heroes.jpg
I dont trade out of the US anymore!!!!!!!

#11 strife01104

strife01104

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Already have dvd and dc of movie but the BD at $5 is a damn good deal.

#12 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Wal-Mart is almost always YMMV. I'll check next time I'm there to try to confirm.

#13 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

Rummage the $5 bin. You would be surprised what you find there.

yep. this really is the most random bin in the world.

#14 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:20 PM

I believe the PC Digital Copy expires. The iTunes one doesn't. At least, not from my experience. Have a few blu-rays where the digital copy was expired, but the iTunes one worked just fine.
Fight for the Lost

#15 kaos424

kaos424

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:16 PM

Anyone get an extra copy of this they would want to sell and ship to me? lol I searched our local walmart and turned up nothing.

#16 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:54 AM

I just checked out my Walmart and only saw the DVD for $5. NO three disc bluray set in sight, so I wasn't able to confirm this. I did pick up The Other Guys bluray for $5, I'm very glad about that purchase.

I need to do some Spring cleaning on my backlog.

#17 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:01 AM

I got Clash of the Titans for $5 (Liam Neeson). Not great but worth that I think. No Star Trek in sight but a few good ones at that price point.

#18 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:12 PM

I guess some places are just lucky. The only $5 Blu-Ray in the store here is No Country For Old Men and that's been there forever.

#19 Timmy_Tim_Tim

Timmy_Tim_Tim

Posted 07 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

We have 3 Walmarts in town. Only one had Star Trek, and only one had the $5 Transformers: ROTF. The one Walmart with Star Trek had about a dozen copies. The one with Transformers had more than I could count, stuck in multiple places.

#20 thundarr

thundarr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:26 PM

So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.

#21 Vulcan2422

Vulcan2422

Sandwich Artist with the Mouth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:25 PM

So sad that Star Trek is being lumped in with the turd that is Revenge of the Fallen. One movie is an excellent relaunch of a classic at the hands of a reverent director, the other is an abhorrent whoring out of a classic franchise due to the whims of a bombastic director.

Yeah, damn Star Trek and it's bombastic director!

I'll check mine today and hope to find one at least.

Vulcan7905.png
Real Life Ice Hockey Stats: Goals - 20 Assists - 22 Penalty Minutes - 8

Granted I only played the demo of Chime, but how the heck do you get shit on by Chime?

#22 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

So Star Trek is the whore right?

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#23 daver16

daver16

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:46 PM

Checked the 2 walmarts near me no bluray version only tons and tons of the dvd version booo!

#24 Mry087

Mry087

Cheap Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

Same here only bluray I saw that I thought was worth grabbing was terminator salvation for $5. Going to try hitting up one of the other 4 walmarts in the area.

#25 dualedge2

dualedge2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:53 AM

Considering that Walmart lumps any movie in their $5 bin, I'm surprised you chose to point out such an irrelevant point. I hated RotF as much as the next person (I enjoyed some of its action sequences and that's it), but at least I don't go whining about how it's stuck into some random Walmart bin.

In any case, I should check my nearby Walmart for Star Trek. Been meaning to grab the 3-disc blu-ray.
Fight for the Lost

#26 dchuck

dchuck

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Informative discussion thanks for sharing

#27 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for sharing

#28 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

At most locations I am lucky to see any non-new release in bluray.

#29 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?

#30 rcannon

rcannon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

Is it that hard for them not to fill the f'n bins 10x their capacity so when you try to dig for a movie shit doesn't spill all over the place?

I've grabbed an empty shopping cart to fill up for this very reason. I always hope for some hidden gems at the bottom, but have yet to find any.
"Once upon a time I could control myself' - Once by Pearl Jam