- - - - -

E.T. Atari 2600 30th Anniversary Kickstarter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
68 replies to this topic

#1 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:06 AM

[Moderator please delete. Moved to more appropriate CAG forums.]

Edited by TheScore, 06 April 2013 - 01:35 AM.
Adding image

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:08 AM

Your first link is incorrectly coded. Here you go: www.kickstarter.com/projects/164500077/et-the-extra-terrestrial-30th-anniversary-poster

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 247

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

First link doesn't work

#4 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

OK - that should fix the first link. Thanks.

#5 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

Is this a video game deal?

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#6 argyle

argyle

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

No, I don't think it's any kind of a deal period. I'm honestly baffled at why anyone would WANT this. I don't think I'd take it if it were given to me.
Posted Image

#7 Camre

Camre

Duke of Earl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Correct me if Im wrong, but nope.

#8 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:20 AM

Anyone who thinks E.T. is the worst game of all time hasn't played a lot of games, or is probably significantly younger than me.

#9 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

If we posted this in the wrong place, we'll delete and re-post...don't want to anger anybody!

#10 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:21 AM

No, I don't think it's any kind of a deal period. I'm honestly baffled at why anyone would WANT this. I don't think I'd take it if it were given to me.

Posted Image

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#11 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Lol...I was hoping this would be some sort of kickstarter campaign to find and unearth the steamrolled cartridges or something.

#12 hypertails02

hypertails02

Wait for it...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

It's not even for the damn game, it's for a poster and (for $45) a sticker. Thanks, but no thanks, OP.

fs_xbox.png fs_pc.png

#13 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

E.T. is the consensus worst game of all time, but we'd love to hear of other terrible ones as we'll end up roasting plenty of them with various merchandise.

It's certainly the worst one I've ever played. Not "worse than expectations," but just the most purely unplayable game around. I'm an older gamer myself.

#14 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

Wow.

#15 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:26 AM

If we posted this in the wrong place, we'll delete and re-post...don't want to anger anybody!

Maybe in one of these forums instead?

Old School & Other Gaming Systems

Other Deals & Requests

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

#16 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:29 AM

Thanks Vigilante. Will move in just a few minutes.

Definitely not a deal, as it is pricey as someone pointed out, but did think I saw other Kickstarters in the main forum from time to time. Thanks. Will delete once moved.

#17 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:30 AM

Thanks Vigilante. Will move in just a few minutes.

Definitely not a deal, as it is pricey as someone pointed out, but did think I saw other Kickstarters in the main forum from time to time. Thanks. Will delete once moved.

No problem. Good luck! :)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#18 DesertLeo

DesertLeo

DontReadThis.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:33 AM

I still have my Atari copy sitting on my desk in my office.

No idea why.

#19 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:37 AM

Deleted main post and moved - thanks.

#20 mer71

mer71

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

E.T. is the consensus worst game of all time, but we'd love to hear of other terrible ones as we'll end up roasting plenty of them with various merchandise.

It's certainly the worst one I've ever played. Not "worse than expectations," but just the most purely unplayable game around. I'm an older gamer myself.

I remember getting a copy on clearance back in the day. And I did play it quite often. I didn't realize what a piece of crap it was.

mer71.jpg

#21 Elusive

Elusive

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:48 AM

I remember getting a copy on clearance back in the day. And I did play it quite often. I didn't realize what a piece of crap it was.

Same here, actually - well, the playing it and not realizing what a piece of crap it was thing. My grandparents had an NES, and I used to play it when I was really young (early 90s, in other words). I beat ET a few times without too much trouble, so it's not that unplayable if a six year old can beat it.

EDIT: I just realized I put NES instead of 2600. They had both consoles, sure, but still. Oops.

Edited by Deserter Goose, 06 April 2013 - 02:57 AM.

#22 Lord_Kefka

Lord_Kefka

Son of a Submariner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

Anyone who thinks E.T. is the worst game of all time hasn't played a lot of games, or is probably significantly younger than me.

32, played more than my share of games, E.T. is definitely up there. Buggy, awful to look at (by Atari standards), terrible music/sounds (again, even for Atari), and well known for having been a complete rush job to just have it on the shelf. What do you got?

Lord Kefka... you're insatiable.

My Tradelist

#23 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

32, played more than my share of games, E.T. is definitely up there. Buggy, awful to look at (by Atari standards), terrible music/sounds (again, even for Atari), and well known for having been a complete rush job to just have it on the shelf. What do you got?

So you played E.T. when you were one? No wonder you couldn't figure it out.

Off the top of my head: the Swordquest series, Kaboom, the Smurfs game (but it was awesome on Colecovision), almost all sports games (but the RealSports games were awesome), Haunted House, Krull, the freaking Coke game... I could go on and on. Any 2600 game looks dated and awful years after the fact. When these games were coming out, we played them, liked them, and didn't know better.

#24 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:22 AM

Oh God, and I just remember my friend's sister had a Strawberry Shortcake game. That one was truly awful.

#25 Chuck Stank

Chuck Stank

Colts/Hawkeyes Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

Kickstarter is sure producing a lot of stupid shit.
Posted Image

#26 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:32 AM

This. People who tend to say that it's the worst are just parroting what they've heard without actually having played it. By Atari 2600 standards it wasn't that bad. Not even the worst game on the system much less of all time.

#27 TheScore

TheScore

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

E.T. had the misfortune of bringing down an industry giant when it failed. The lore behind the game, in addition to its unplayability and confused approach, is why most consider it the worst game of all time.

There's always going to be a discussion here. Can't believe Krull was brought up, however - that was actually a good game!! LOL.

#28 sixteenvolt420

sixteenvolt420

Hidefninja.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

I still have my Atari copy sitting on my desk in my office.

No idea why.

If it'll make you feel any better, i have 2 copies for my 2600.

sixteenvolt420.png

#29 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

Why? Why would someone kickstart this? There are a lot of graves in the Mojave Desert. There is at least one of them that is there for good reason.

16Z462z.jpg

#30 simmias

simmias

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

E.T. wasn't any more "unplayable" than Raiders, and was certainly more accessible than the Swordquest games. If you read the instruction manual with E.T. you were fine. People just crap on E.T. because they saw a YouTube video somewhere where a guy crapped on it. I saw one where a guy was crapping on Adventure and it made me equally mad. If you didn't live through these games coming out, I think you don't have the proper perspective.

Think of all the Wii shovelware games we got in the last few years. The 2600 went through basically the same thing, but with even crappier games. Everybody and their mother was designing games, and half of them stank. At least E.T. had a goal you could work toward and an end-game. I haven't played it in 30 years, so I'm sure my nostalgia goggles are fogging things up for me a bit, but it certainly wasn't my least favorite game when it came out. Not even close.