Photo
- - - - -

DOOM 3 BFG Edition, Spec Ops The Line Premium Edition - $19.99 + FS @ BestBuy.com

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:36 PM

Noticed these on the price tracker. Didn't see another thread, please close if repost.

Doom BFG Edition

PS3

Spec Ops: The Line Premium Edition

PS3

2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#2 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:39 PM

Wonder how a $20 off @Gamer coupon works with a game that's listed as $20.

#3 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:42 PM

What coupon. New set today.

#4 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

That DOOM coupon expired yesterday.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#5 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:50 PM

That DOOM coupon expired yesterday.

Sneaky bastards.

#6 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:51 PM

Looks like BB finally figured out how to stop free games.

#7 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

Looks like BB finally figured out how to stop free games.

I didn't want a "free" game, because nothing in a retail store is free.

But I was hoping I could get $10-15 back

#8 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:54 PM

Sneaky bastards.

Yeah and it pretty much makes the coupon worthless since they just put it on sale for the price it would have cost with the coupon. I would expect NFS:Most Wanted to get a $25 sale on May 8th.

#9 czissis

czissis

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:02 PM

I didn't want a "free" game, because nothing in a retail store is free.

But I was hoping I could get $10-15 back

When it comes to Best Buy, there is such a thing as free. I never had a single problem using a Gamerzone coupon to get an item for nothing out of pocket.

Hell there was even a price mistake about a year ago where you could order a $50 webcam for $0 with instore pickup. Cashier didn't even look twice when the receipt said $0.

#10 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:08 PM

Man...my Best Buy wont even let me use coupons when the game is on sale. They flip out about how it's either one or the other. They wont even price match other stores. The only way I can get things cheaper is to order it online and then call customer service...which usually works after I get the 5 or 6 transfers around because they don't wanna send me to the department that deals with that..if I don't get cut off before I reach them.

#11 pun123

pun123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sneaky bastards.

exactly what I was thinking maybe they are catching on, now just wont sell any.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Digital Idiot

Digital Idiot

User has been disabled.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yeah and it pretty much makes the coupon worthless since they just put it on sale for the price it would have cost with the coupon. I would expect NFS:Most Wanted to get a $25 sale on May 8th.

That's how the reward zone and @gamer coupons have always worked. It's a month early preview of their upcoming sales.

Sometimes we've been lucky and the coupons end up overlapping into the actual sale, and the games end up being free or only a few bucks, but it seems like BB is aware of that problem now.

#13 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Posted Image
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#14 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:38 PM

That's how the reward zone and @gamer coupons have always worked. It's a month early preview of their upcoming sales.

Sometimes we've been lucky and the coupons end up overlapping into the actual sale, and the games end up being free or only a few bucks, but it seems like BB is aware of that problem now.

I think that is more a generalization then a hard and fast rule. Just because a game or two happen to go on sale after the coupons does not mean it has ALWAYS been a preview of the next month's sales.

#15 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Nice timing on this deal. Looks like best buy finally worked out there pricing mishaps with giving away free or close to free games... Bastards.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#16 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Is this a good deal on spec ops? Or is it possible for it to get lower?

#17 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

Is this a good deal on spec ops? Or is it possible for it to get lower?

You can get it lower used from Gamefly and you can also get it free (while having a subscripion of course) to Playstation Plus.

EDIT: Copped the 360 verison of DOOM 3 BFG for $10.00 after that $10 Best Buy Reward Zone Facebook coupon.

Edited by Komentra, 07 April 2013 - 04:17 PM.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)
(make sure to click the "lucky" button everyday, takes about 3 mins and you can win big sometimes. you also win points when i win points and vice versa)

#18 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

You can get it lower used from Gamefly and you can also get it free (while having a subscripion of course) to Playstation Plus.

I'm looking to get it new and not digitally.

#19 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm looking to get it new and not digitally.

I don't think these things are flying off the shelf, so your best bet is to wait for a clearance sale.

xivpads.png

#20 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

$20 for specs op is still to much for me, i will wait for a lower price.

#21 SkylineChili4Me

SkylineChili4Me

CAG with Cheese, Please!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

Wha??? I can't double-dip and abuse a coupon to get something for nothing? How dare they try to stay in business. Shaq-Fu them - I'll never go there again.

Dur.

#22 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

I don't think these things are flying off the shelf, so your best bet is to wait for a clearance sale.

Exactly, especially when it has been free for PS+.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#23 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:17 PM

wow! thanks bestbuy for the worthless march coupons. no to just wait on clearance prices for doom and spec ops. these will not fly off the shelves even with those prices.

#24 NEP

NEP

Oogaboogabooga

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:16 PM

Man...my Best Buy wont even let me use coupons when the game is on sale. They flip out about how it's either one or the other. They wont even price match other stores. The only way I can get things cheaper is to order it online and then call customer service...which usually works after I get the 5 or 6 transfers around because they don't wanna send me to the department that deals with that..if I don't get cut off before I reach them.

The coupons clearly state on the back that they are to be taken from sale prices.

Your store refusing to honor official coupons is likely some sort of violation because the coupons do not say "participating stores only".

#25 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

Both of those games should be $10 by now. $20 is still way too high.
<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#26 marjincharge

marjincharge

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Cool. I can wait.

#27 stewie75

stewie75

JoeyJoeJoeJrShabadoo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

yeah I'm waiting on $10 or less on DOOM, it was $13 at gamefly recently used. it'll drop more and then I can add it to the collection.

#28 groundskeeper

groundskeeper

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Wow, bunch of whiners on this thread. Anyways Spec Ops is worth the price but it has been cheaper.
CAG Not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

#29 Darklurkr23

Darklurkr23

Contest Win' Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yea i got tricked into that GAMER crap when I was buying my Big Game skin GOW guide the other day. After returning it I was stuck with teh gamer cause I didn't know you couldn't cancel it. (and the guy selling it to me didn't know any of the stuff about it either

It's 1 coupon to be used w/in a month B2G1 not all year (>>)

Anyway yea i'm hoping that sometimes they'll have mis-marks for free games.

But at least I can get the Injustice DLC for 3.49 with that 10% coupon and 10 dollar gift certificate

this-looks-like-a-job-for-scorpion-o.gif
This Looks like a Job for........SCORPION!

Amazon Student.   Its free Amazon Prime for 6 months
http://www.amazon.co...ef_type=generic

#30 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Yea i got tricked into that GAMER crap when I was buying my Big Game skin GOW guide the other day. After returning it I was stuck with teh gamer cause I didn't know you couldn't cancel it. (and the guy selling it to me didn't know any of the stuff about it either

It's 1 coupon to be used w/in a month B2G1 not all year (>>)

Anyway yea i'm hoping that sometimes they'll have mis-marks for free games.

But at least I can get the Injustice DLC for 3.49 with that 10% coupon and 10 dollar gift certificate

Isnt that Big Game skin the Giraffe looking skin that comes with the season pass? And I dont know if I care to own Spec Ops the line. I was hoping to just borrow or rent it and beat it in a weekend someday. Already have it free on Ps3 but Im pretty much a 360 gamer.

512847.png