Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy X|X-2 $39.99 preorder at Amazon. Pricing error?

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#1 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I think it's pricing error because first off, it's Square Enix, but then the games are also coming to the Vita. With most Vita games coming out at $39.99 when they launch, this would have to come out at $30 or $20 to not piss off Vita owners over pricing.

Then again, all other HD Collections except for MGS HD Collection launched at $39.99, so maybe there's that. But they did enhance this version rather than just a HD rerelease, so who knows.

http://www.amazon.co...final fantasy x

#2 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is the correct price. The Vita versions are being split up and sold separately, so $20 each would make sense.

#3 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, but at equal pricing it would be selling at $20 each for the Vita games. Or $30 each if they wanted to push it. I don't see them selling the Vita games at $20 each.

#4 Dalrint

Dalrint

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:23 PM

I'd wait for more information before preordering, there's still a possibility of cross-buy with the ps3/vita versions, and square is anything if not random with the promotions/changes they make to things.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Navex

Navex

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

I'm just happy this thing is finally looking like it's gonna come out. No 360 release then I take it, just Vita and PS3? PS3 it is then. Can't wait for Blitzball, here's hoping they have online for that, would love to play against others in it.

#6 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

I'd wait for more information before preordering, there's still a possibility of cross-buy with the ps3/vita versions, and square is anything if not random with the promotions/changes they make to things.

Considering how terrible square is at life and how greedy their 16 dollar ff ports on iPhone is, no way they do cross buy

#7 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, but at equal pricing it would be selling at $20 each for the Vita games. Or $30 each if they wanted to push it. I don't see them selling the Vita games at $20 each.

This is assuming that the Vita ports are sold at retail, I could see Square selling than at $20 a piece if they're digital only. Seeing as how the Vita versions are confirmed for release, yet no one is preordering those versions, leads me to believe they may be PSN only releases,

#8 kupomogli

kupomogli

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

I'm just happy this thing is finally looking like it's gonna come out. No 360 release then I take it, just Vita and PS3? PS3 it is then. Can't wait for Blitzball, here's hoping they have online for that, would love to play against others in it.

This. I've probably put in more time playing Blitzball than any other mini game on a video game. Even after getting the special items I'd just keep playing it. Half the time I played the game was spent in Blitzball.

If Square Enix made a game specifically for Blitzball, set it up like MLB The Show or another sports game with your regular game, season mode, modes where you have certain funding and can draft players, trade players, etc. I'd buy it. They should name it. Blitzball: Best Sports Game Ever '13.

This is assuming that the Vita ports are sold at retail, I could see Square selling than at $20 a piece if they're digital only. Seeing as how the Vita versions are confirmed for release, yet no one is preordering those versions, leads me to believe they may be PSN only releases,

Yeah, I guess it could be this. I think this is a bad move if Sony doesn't atleast try to persuade them to do both digital and physical, and atleast partially fund the physical release on grounds they'd make some money back. Having physical copies out there in stores is advertisement in itself. Especially a big name series like Final Fantasy. Port or not, I think FF10 and 10-2 would get people interested if they see them at Gamestop, Walmart, etc.

#9 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Well at least they are optimistic about the company survivability. They are already planning a sequel to FFXIX when they haven't made FFXVI yet. I can't imagine that it will be on the current gen consoles though. For that matter it may not be on this impending generation unless they start cranking these out a little faster. Good price if the next next gen titles end up costing more than the current $60 standard price tag.

#10 Lucian

Lucian

Officer Friendly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Considering how terrible square is at life and how greedy their 16 dollar ff ports on iPhone is, no way they do cross buy

I would suspect 'status quo' won't be good enough for Square Enix moving forward. They are losing a ton of money and the Yoichi Wada just resigned.

They've got to make some changes moving forward, don't they?
Posted Image

#11 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:51 PM

Well at least they are optimistic about the company survivability. They are already planning a sequel to FFXIX when they haven't made FFXVI yet. I can't imagine that it will be on the current gen consoles though.

Subtle. I like it.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#12 simmias

simmias

Don't believe his lies

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

Wait... this, KH remix and FF13-3 all come out the same day? Time to put in for some 2014 vacation time.

#13 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

Meh. Playing this on PS2 was enough for me

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#14 mewman13

mewman13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:12 PM

Wait... this, KH remix and FF13-3 all come out the same day? Time to put in for some 2014 vacation time.

No, December 31st is just Amazon's placeholder date. I do believe that this game is set to be released this year, i think fall?

#15 Soma_Cruz

Soma_Cruz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Those are placeholder dates. Kingdom Hearts is said to come sometime during fall. No word on release window for FFX/X-2 yet.

#16 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

Yeah, I guess it could be this. I think this is a bad move if Sony doesn't atleast try to persuade them to do both digital and physical, and atleast partially fund the physical release on grounds they'd make some money back. Having physical copies out there in stores is advertisement in itself. Especially a big name series like Final Fantasy. Port or not, I think FF10 and 10-2 would get people interested if they see them at Gamestop, Walmart, etc.

Oh, I agree. Square would be pretty dumb not to release these at retail. Honestly, I'd much rather have these on the Vita, as it would let me play them while the TV is in use, but in order for me to consider it they'd have to be available in at retail with a comparable price to the PS3 version. If they're digital only, I'll likely just go with the PS3 version and just get around to it in between Tales of Xillia and Kingdom Hearts HD.

#17 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

This im actually waiting until after release so I can rent/borrow a copy. I want to see what each game looks like on each system first.

Or I just might buy for Vita and PS3 :(

#18 lkx

lkx

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Don't be silly, this is Final Fantasy, there will definitely be in store copies. The brand name is still rather strong and people will buy if they see it. Especially this since this is FFX.

Even Japanese people hated Yoichi Wada, calling him a greedy SOB. I'm glad he resigned. Never again, Square Enix, never again.

Edited by lkx, 09 April 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#19 Vector

Vector

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Also how they wanted $40 for the DS port of Chrono Trigger and then were complaining that no one bought it.:roll:

#20 Diad

Diad

Only a flesh wound...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:33 PM

On the fence with this one considering i still have the ps2 versions. If the visiuals are a well enough improvement, may pick this up.

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#21 JoeyLYCAN

JoeyLYCAN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:06 PM

Maybe i'm wrong, I thought I read that $39.99 was the official price of the X and X-2 HD Collection? The PS3 version is being released physically for $39.99 and on the network for $19.99 a piece, however the Vita version is only being released for $19.99 each on the Network and not physically? I thought I read it in an official statement from Sony or Square-Enix, I could however be wrong. Time to go searching I suppose.

#22 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

Oh is FFX the unreleased version?

#23 Kirnzee

Kirnzee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Oh is FFX the unreleased version?

Yep, International Version with Dark Aeons and all sorts of extra goodies

#24 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

International versions here I come!

Pre-ordered on Amazon but I do hope that there will be promotion stuff added on other sites.

#25 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:47 AM

Gosh $40 for only two games? Well I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Cmon Sega stop publishing Hatsune Miku. Publish a real man's game. 

#26 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

This would be a perfect game to promote the cross-buy in my opinion. Especially since the games will be on PSN only anyway for the vita.

Edit: so they remade every game so far except 7, 8, and 9? Why skip the PS1 classics, square? Hell, even ffxiv had a remake!

xivpads.png

#27 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:08 AM

Gosh $40 for only two games? Well I guess I'll wait for a price drop.

Well i guess you will then:roll:

#28 Blackheart521

Blackheart521

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

On the fence with this one considering i still have the ps2 versions. If the visiuals are a well enough improvement, may pick this up.

The Amazon page has some screenshots and a video up showing the facial texture changes mainly... Tidus looks kinda weird with the new face IMO, Lulu's looks nice though.

#29 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:14 AM

her face or breast?

#30 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:17 AM

The Amazon page has some screenshots and a video up showing the facial texture changes mainly... Tidus looks kinda weird with the new face IMO, Lulu's looks nice though.

That is how he always looked, lol. I can't stand Tidus, but that is just me.

xivpads.png