* * * * * 1 votes

Batman: Arkham Origins Announced, Out October 25th

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 zyk

zyk

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:23 PM

http://www.gamespot....ober-25-6406631

Not from Rocksteady, but I'm still excited. Hopefully they stick to the same formula as the other games

#2 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:27 PM

Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up. Please don't screw this up.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#3 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well they did make Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#4 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

That's a port though... and didn't it not look as nice on the WiiU?

#5 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Pretty quiet around here...is this an active thread?

Anyway, I'm 3 hours into this and I'm pleased.  Very much more of the same, but that is all I wanted.  At first I was irritated by the constant stream of stats and kudos that kept popping up, but I have learned to tune it out.  And the avatar awards...very nice surprise.  It was about midnight on Friday when that first "Avatar Award Unlocked" message popped up.  I figured it was just a t-shirt or a hat or something.  When I actually checked and saw what it was....Joy!

Haven't tried to MP yet, but maybe later this week.  Anyone else give it a go?  What is the consensus?

Simosaurus.png

#6 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I picked it up as well (took advantage of the Pokeflips at GS so $30 in credit at release) and am liking it so far.  Feels a lot like AA and AC which is a good thing.  The story seems like it'll be a little short, but still a fun experience.  Havent tried the online yet.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#7 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Pretty quiet around here...is this an active thread?

Anyway, I'm 3 hours into this and I'm pleased.  Very much more of the same, but that is all I wanted.  At first I was irritated by the constant stream of stats and kudos that kept popping up, but I have learned to tune it out.  And the avatar awards...very nice surprise.  It was about midnight on Friday when that first "Avatar Award Unlocked" message popped up.  I figured it was just a t-shirt or a hat or something.  When I actually checked and saw what it was....Joy!

Haven't tried to MP yet, but maybe later this week.  Anyone else give it a go?  What is the consensus?

More of the same sounds good to me.  I'm definitely picking this up when it hits $20.

#8 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

Be cautious of your save file being deleted

#9 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Be cautious of your save file being deleted

I'm on the 360.  That's a PC problem, isn't it?

Simosaurus.png

#10 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

I haven't heard of any game save deletes?  More info, please!

I'm not as far as Sim, but I'm liking it too!  If nothing else, I'm very glad that WB Montreal got that silky smooth Arkham combat down.  It *feels* like an Arkham game and that is a huge deal to me, being that Rocksteady didn't develop this. 

Chubbyninja1319.png

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#11 dennisb407

dennisb407

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm on the 360.  That's a PC problem, isn't it?

Didn't really read thru it since I don't own the game

http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=550920

#12 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

I have progressed a bit more in this (no save issues...fingers crossed) and am loving being back in control of the Dark Knight.  I like that they kept the free flow combat mechanics the same as well as the whole invisible predator thing.  Have a gripe though...

Spoiler

Is it too much to ask to put some more obvious markers on the maps?  I feel like the developers thought they were being clever, but some it comes off as just annoying.  Could be that I'm just little grouchy though and now that I know the "rules" I will probably know what to look for and how to pay better attention to those fleeting hints.

Simosaurus.png

#13 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

I have progressed a bit more in this (no save issues...fingers crossed) and am loving being back in control of the Dark Knight.  I like that they kept the free flow combat mechanics the same as well as the whole invisible predator thing.  Have a gripe though...

Spoiler

Is it too much to ask to put some more obvious markers on the maps?  I feel like the developers thought they were being clever, but some it comes off as just annoying.  Could be that I'm just little grouchy though and now that I know the "rules" I will probably know what to look for and how to pay better attention to those fleeting hints.

You mean more obvious than the huge Bat signal in the sky with the arrows pointing down to where you have to go?

#14 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

You mean more obvious than the huge Bat signal in the sky with the arrows pointing down to where you have to go?

[sigh]

a)  No bat signal indoors.

b)  Said bat signal is not consistently used in the game.

Simosaurus.png

#15 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Im liking the game a lot but apparently multiplayer is a barren wasteland?? I can't find any matches. It looks fun though.

fs_overall.png

#16 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:33 PM

Haven't tried the MP yet, but have been plugging away at the SP campaign. I've learned to ignore some of my early concerns and am just enjoying being the Dark Knight again.

In some parts the story has me thinking "been there, done that" but the gameplay, and the boss fights in particular, are a good time.

Simosaurus.png

#17 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:44 AM

I'd like to try the MP and I really thought it would take off based on some of the early rumor reports. 

And Sim is right on, some of the objectives are NOT obvious.  Especially indoors.  I'm chalking it up to getting into the game mechanics early on, but at least one part was just poor level design.  Period, end of discussion.

Chubbyninja1319.png

#18 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:37 AM

I've read the MP matches cant start unless there's like 8 people or however many for a full room.

fs_overall.png

#19 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

trading this in today.  Lots of glitches as you get further into the story (which is very short to begin with).

Definitely a disappointment compared to City.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#20 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:13 PM

trading this in today. Lots of glitches as you get further into the story (which is very short to begin with).

Definitely a disappointment compared to City.

you're crazy. Game was great. Ran into freezing issues, and only ran into one glitch on new game plus. They're developing a patch now.

#21 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

you're crazy. Game was great. Ran into freezing issues, and only ran into one glitch on new game plus. They're developing a patch now.

Well I had one mission become unplayable thanks to the glitch, have had multiple freezing issues, and I beat the story tonight with no interest whatsoever in MP or grinding for 100%.  Its a fun game but nowhere near the level of Asylum or City.  Much better to get the $40 trade-in now IMO.

Garrus_Lannister.png

#22 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

I've had two game freezes tonight.  Thankfully no glitches making it unplayable, but still.  I have zero tolerance for crap like this.  On top of a game that, honestly, isn't meeting my lofty expectations.....not good.  Not good at all. 

This patch better hit fast or else....or else I'll wave my fist and make angry faces in the general direction of Montreal, where the studio is that made the game. 

fall+angry+hairbrush.gif

Update:

About 3 minutes after making the post above, I started up my game again and ran into another glitch.  Three times in the span of an hour = unacceptable.  Shame on you, WB Montreal.  Shame.  On.  You.

290327d5b8781c48ed419e4d1cac941b.gif

Chubbyninja1319.png

#23 Winter_Decay

Winter_Decay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

I dont like being an unpaid beta-tester for this company.  I dont know about the rest of you, but I really am considering trading this game back to gamestop for $30 and buying in a few months when the game has all of its issues worked out.

All and all, I am highly disappointed.

#24 chubbyninja1319

chubbyninja1319

Cheap asses be like...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

Looks like Gamestop will give around $35 right now (for members), Best Buy is at $40 if you trade in-store and maybe another 10% on top of that for members, I think Amazon is at $30.  I got the game at Best Buy, so I got $10 in promo credit + the $40 for the trade + some reward zone credit means I'll be taking it there at some point next week most likely.  I'll put that credit towards an Xbox One launch title. 

There's always ebay, too.  I have the steelbook that I was going to sell online anyway. 

I know myself and know that I have zero tolerance for poor programming and haphazard QA that make a high-profile game like this unplayable.  There is no way I'm sitting down to play the game again before a game-fixing patch is released.  Super disappointing, this. 

Chubbyninja1319.png

#25 Winter_Decay

Winter_Decay

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:06 AM

I bought the game for $50 .... the company has admitted that there is an issue with the product that the shipped ... in all honesty, why cant I get a full refund?

#26 simosaurus

simosaurus

Wasting time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:33 PM

I dont like being an unpaid beta-tester for this company.  I dont know about the rest of you, but I really am considering trading this game back to gamestop for $30 and buying in a few months when the game has all of its issues worked out.

All and all, I am highly disappointed.

I ran into two game-freezing glitches inside of an hour the other night.  It's a shame because I had just gotten to a place where I decided to shut off my brain to ignore some of the plot issues when the game became unplayable.  I could re-boot and keep going, but I don't want to risk a corrupted file.

I am not going to trade it in yet, but I am going to wait for the patch supposedly coming this week.  If anything, I might just spend some more time in the challenge rooms; playing as Deathstroke was surprisingly enjoyable.

Simosaurus.png

#27 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

im playing on PS3 and while i havent hit any freezing i have run into a few glitches. sometimes the fast travel points dont work unless i restart the game, sometimes the audio just cuts out and i first met the joker and the cut scene was so choppy i barely understood what i was watching. im not hating this game but it feels more like a batman spin off than anything. i think arkham city is way better story wise so far.

Edit

id like to eat my words now. i  finished the joker ark and he without a doubt he steals the show. plus the shock gloves are bad ass!!!! the games been running smoother than it has been as well. playing as deathstroke in the challenge room is really satisfying.

Posted Image
I was half cut, im not slippin man i slipped! - Max Payne

#28 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:59 AM

Did you guys see this? http://www.vg247.com...sing-next-week/

Doesn't seem right with the state of the game atm.

N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#29 hustletron

hustletron

the struggle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

Did you guys see this? http://www.vg247.com...sing-next-week/

Doesn't seem right with the state of the game atm.

Ha wow, what a slap in the face for those of us who bought it on launch. I'm loving Batman so far, I've only had 1 freeze last night when I was loading after Bane beat up Alfred. Still haven't tried MP yet though. Definitely getting my money's worth.

Is it just me or are the fighting mechanics a lot more difficult than the previous games? I find it harder to choose who I want to attack/counter/quick fire gadget which leads me to losing a lot of combos. My highest is a 60 combo but I usually get around 15-20 then some bullshit happens like I can't counter the proper guy or I kick a dude with a shield or taser with the intention of attacking someone who is unarmed and I lose my combo. Or I'll be mid-roundhouse and get punched in the dick and lose the combo. Really aggravating.

fs_overall.png

#30 The 7th Number

The 7th Number

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:28 AM

I just beat this game on PS3 and overall its a cool game. I liked seeing some of the characters before they were in their usual outfits. I miss having catwoman as a playable character though. Some of the combat can be annoying. Like sometimes i have a hard time getting a flow together because there will be a counter warning above an enemies head, so i press counter and it wont do anything and i get hit. Or i will try to press O (B on Xbox) to swing my cape and he just does it to air instead of going over to the nearest guy like he should.

I did run into a glitch, where i cant complete two side missions. Apparently there is a data pack in the church, and you confront a person in that church, but when i go there the doors are locked. I did everything to confront this enemy, but the game wont let me progress. It seems im not the only one either, ive seen a few posts about this. So its kind of annoying since ive done almost all the data packs while going through the story, and now i will either have to wait for a fix, or do them all over again in new game plus.

TwitterIcon2.png the7thnumber.png