CAGcast #320: Deal With It

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:22 AM

The CAGcast crew discuss GI Joe Con, Next Xbox, Tomb Raider, Guacamelee, and other topics that only really hip people talk about.

Get your questions or topics answered on future shows via CAGbag or Twitter.

Download (1 hour 15 minutes) - iTunes
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Show Linkage/Notes:

Intro/Outro: Blue Thunder Soundtrack / GI JOE PSA

WTB:
Justice League Unlimited

Full CAGcast Catalog
Follow us on Twitter
Twitch.tv
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Edited by CheapyD, 11 April 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#2 200STM

200STM

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:11 AM

CAGcast time yay!

#3 striker199

striker199

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:27 AM

cant wait

#4 4nik8tor

4nik8tor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:51 AM

I like listening to the Cagcast. I feel... informed. Like its something of value.
If I was listening to some crap, like something uniformed. I would have an uninformed opinion. I would then blow my brains out.

#5 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hey, Cheapy, Ship, and Wombat. Any of you want to try out DOTA 2? Cheapy, maybe stream it? It's a very fun game to play and watch, so streaming it would be perfect.

I have 5 free keys, if you guys are up for it.

#6 RecklessBao

RecklessBao

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:03 PM

I finally broke down and got Tomb Raider and I'm loving it so far. But on the topic of mutiplayer on games that really don't need it I'm split, theirs been some noteworthy games that added successfully added a mutiplayer mode thats worth playing while some have fell flat. (mass effect 3 and Dead Space3 come to mind.)

Personally in my group of friends we've fell out of doing anything competitive and moved to the cooperative modes that seem to becoming more abundant throughout large and small games.

Oh and what was the thing about a free BMW :P

#7 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Justice League and JLU are so damn good. Go back and watch JL, Cheapy.

Also, I'd like a BMW code.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#8 arinaldi

arinaldi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't need a media center XBOX. I already have a machine that will play everything and stream from any site, my computer. It uses a HDMI connection too. It seems Microsoft is not game focused anymore and that might mean that more non-gamers will jump on the XBOX 720, but for games I see the PlayStation 4 and PC in my future.

Also, I am in for the car code. I have been meaning to try it out anyway.
Posted Image

#9 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

CheapyD you should have somebody ship all those WB cartoon DVDs to your home. Tai really is missing out on the Animated Series of Batman and Superman.
It's really a shame that DC hasn't made their older issues as available as Marvel does in digital format. Marvel at least has an app and that cd collection a few years back.

Batsugunner.png

#10 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hey, Cheapy, Ship, and Wombat. Any of you want to try out DOTA 2? Cheapy, maybe stream it? It's a very fun game to play and watch, so streaming it would be perfect.

I'd love a key, if you have an extra! Steam user name zebwinz
Posted Image

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I already have it. No idea how to play.

#12 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

I recommend the website from time to time, but I don't recommend the cagcast in fear that the first episode they listen to is when Cheapy tells another inappropriate story about shitting himself, masturbating with his wife's hand while she is sleeping, leaving his kid home alone, etc. I'm not saying that you should stop doing that, but it's not something you don't want the casual friend to associate you with.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#13 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Wombat, I've actually had to replace my cable box more times than I have my 360 (4 times vs 2 times in 8 years).

If the rumors about the Xbox Mini, codenamed Stingray, are true, it would be a smaller device with no disc drive, very similar to the Roku and Apple TV. The big difference is Xbox Mini would play all your 360 games (redownload all your previous purchases to its HDD) and disc games if you daisy chain it to your Durango. Pretty interesting way to do backwards compatibility, kind of like the launch PS3s with the onboard PS2 chips, except in a separate device.

Edited by zebwinz, 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Posted Image

#14 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:18 PM

Is the cable box something that has to be always on and plugged in at all times? That's a huge chunk of change in your energy bill. And it sounds like it's not that surprising if it breaks a lot, considering it may be more shoddily built than a computer, even though it's almost as big these days.

Batsugunner.png

#15 zebwinz

zebwinz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

Is the cable box something that has to be always on and plugged in at all times? That's a huge chunk of change in your energy bill. And it sounds like it's not that surprising if it breaks a lot, considering it may be more shoddily built than a computer, even though it's almost as big these days.

Sounds like the always on part of it is a low power standby mode, similar to what the PS4 will be doing.

Edited by zebwinz, 11 April 2013 - 03:23 PM.
forgot a what

Posted Image

#16 Guest1321

Guest1321

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks for the response in regards to the animated series. I'll check out JL Unlimited.

For the record, Dexters Lab is a great suggestion. I watched it a bunch as a kid, but Cheapy's right, not for me now.

#17 Blue Arcana

Blue Arcana

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

I don't tell my friends about the CAG Cast because I want to keep it all to myself. #dealwithit

blueArcana.png

#18 SeanAmI

SeanAmI

No you cannot

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

The one thing Wombat was right about in this episode is that the Polygon layout sucks #dealwithit

#19 Sashka

Sashka

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

I already have it. No idea how to play.

It takes about 5 minutes to learn the basics, and after that you are set. Remember, you'd be playing against other new players. Also, there are in-game mini guides for each hero, that tell you what each skill and item does in a couple sentences.

Give it a try and stream it, I'd totally watch it :D

#20 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

in the new thundercats show tigra used guns and his whip.

#21 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:20 PM

Pretty much any DC animated movie released 2007+ is worth watching at least once with some stand outs worth watching again. Here's the full list. My favorites are Batman: Under the Red hood, All Star Superman, Superman Vs. The Elite, and the most recent two part Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.

Pre-2007 the only real stand outs are Batman: Mask of the Phantasm and Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond (Wombat, #DealWithIt), and both Justice League series are all good. One of the Justice League episodes (season 1 finale of Unlimited) serves as a series coda/finale of Batman Beyond.

Another sure to be rage inducing/depressing documentary film coming up is the new Ken Burns documentary film about the Central Park 5 (14 and 15 year olds) who were wrongfully imprisoned for a brutal rape in New York City in the the late 80s and are STILL fighting in courts to get compensation. It's airing on PBS on April 16 during prime time.

I know exactly what you're talking about for Bioshock and Tomb Raider, I had the same thing happen when I was trying to play Red Faction Guerrilla and Saint's Row 2 at the same time, kept mixing up the controls.

Guardian_owl.png

#22 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

The notion that Microsoft is focusing their next console on what was the worst aspect of the Xbox 360, media player, is what I really don't want to hear about. That and the online-only stuff is what makes me think I won't be getting it anywhere close to launch.

Plenty of people claim they won't buy sports games based on who's on the cover because their petty about the stupidest things.

I'd have a lot more faith in a developer headed up by former Retro Studios leads to make a good Batman Metroid-style game than a movie-based multiplatform port studio to make a good game based on movie licenses.

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 11 April 2013 - 11:26 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#23 Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

Judging from the title, I have a feeling this will be a good one.

Here's to a great year of gaming in 2014   :beer:

#24 ZombieJeebus

ZombieJeebus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:27 PM

All the DC 'toons listed are great, although I'd say Supes vs. the Elite was only ok. And Doom was a little disappointing but still pretty good.

My personal favorites are the Superman/Capt. Marvel vs. Black Adam and the Superman/Batman: Apocalypse. I guess when it comes to comic book cartoon movies I like to see things get smashy smashy.

The Black Adam one also has a fantastic Spectre short included as well.

The Marvel one offs are not nearly as good, but the Dr. Strange one was pretty enjoyable.
"I love you. But I also love hanging up on you."
Cheapy D, 12/16/2009

#25 danchilders

danchilders

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:00 AM

I totally agree with Cheapy in terms of the pacing of Tomb Raider. Crystal Dynamics really knocked it out of the park. The juxtaposition to Bioshock makes this all the more clear. While I enjoyed Bioshock, everytime I entered one of those area type areas where I could position weapons etc, I just kind of sighed because I knew a big combat section was coming. Good pacing can make all the difference.

Also I would like a free car.

#26 distortedGELO

distortedGELO

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with Cheapy, Tomb Raider was such an awesome game. I recently finished it also, and I actually felt the story was well told too. I am disappointed though they have no plans for single player DLC, but hey, who knows.

I just need to get my hands on Bioshock: Infinite now! ;_;

#27 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 04:07 AM

While I can definitely see what Microsoft may be going for in making the next Xbox an all-in-one media device, I agree with Wombat that the idea of leaving it on for a long period of time scares me. I've been through three systems since launch and right now I have an Elite system that could go at any minute. You think I'm going to leave that thing on longer than just playing a game for a few hours? Not a chance. I just don't have the confidence in Microsoft to make something that can do all the things I would want in a multimedia device better than individual companies.
Posted Image

#28 thrifty1

thrifty1

Delicious Deal Stacker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:13 AM

yeah i agree on the singleplayer dlc.

im planning on buying the bioshock dlc for $20 at a time when im getting full games bundled with all their dlc for $15-$20. if i want multiplayer i've got like 6 games from the last year I still should get deeper into.

#29 apathylad

apathylad

Posted 12 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

You should definitely consider watching Justice League, Cheapy. The first season has a wimpier, older-looking Superman, but it's still good. The second season is amazing, though. I think I'd rank some of the second season's episodes above Justice League Unlimited.

#30 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:21 AM

Wombat, I probably have a "Read This Bitches" for you since you are the resident graphic novel reader in the group. Message to Adolf by Osamu Tezuka. It's a Japanese comic, but the localizers were daft enough to put it left to right for Western readers.
It's a gripping story about a man who struggles to find the truth about the murder of his brother, while it also tells the story of two boys named Adolf who are best friends but are of different "races," as one is a German, and the other Jewish. What connects them all together is that infamous madman and murderer, Adolf Hitler, and his Nazi party, and their international snake-like influence in the protagonists' lives. It's definitely not for children, and not very optimistic in its outlook.

Batsugunner.png