• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#1 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

From SiliconEra today.

Tales of Xillia is getting a collector’s edition in North America and Europe, Namco Bandai have announced.

The collector’s edition will come in limited edition packaging and will include the game, a Milla Maxwell figurine, a 100-page art book and a music CD.

The Tales of Xillia collector’s edition will cost $99.99 in North America and €99.99/£85.99 in Europe. Meanwhile, the regular game will cost $60 in North America. Namco will release the RPG on August 6th in North America and August 9th in Europe.

You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America. In Europe, the collector’s edition is up for pre-order at Namco’s Tales store. Only 10,000 copies will be available at the online store.

Posted Image

Pre-order is currently available on Gamestop.com.

Figure is 21.5 cm (8.46 in.). Thanks midlifecrisisMkII for finding it out!!

Edited by Ecofreak, 12 April 2013 - 11:12 PM.

[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#2 nintendofan9999

nintendofan9999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Obligatory do they charge when they ship question.

#3 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I wonder how big is the figure? then i need to come up with a way to justify spending 100 bucks.

#4 gauu

gauu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:31 PM

well im not ordering pal so when is the limited avail for preorder in us??

#5 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

I wonder how big is the figure? then i need to come up with a way to justify spending 100 bucks.

21.5 cm (8.46 in.).

#6 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

If this goes up on Amazon, I'd like to just get it there. No way I'm bothering with the Namco Digital River store again.

#7 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:45 PM

Preorder now to be disappointed later when they sell your preorder to someone else :)

#8 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

I read that topic quickly and thought it said MILF figurine. In for 5!

#9 domon

domon

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:48 PM

Tempting.

#10 Katsumi

Katsumi

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Please, pre-order gods, be available at more than the Namco store or Gamestop. Amazon would be lovely, please.

Kat_Siggy80.png Katsumica.png

#11 plasmabeam

plasmabeam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Glad this finally got a release date.

Check out my gaming blog Title Screen -- Updated DAILY

#12 Ecofreak

Ecofreak

That's Ah Bingo!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

21.5 cm (8.46 in.).

That's actually quite a tall figure!
[thread=49233]Trade List[/thread]

#13 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Oh man, I can see this becoming a shit storm again when multiple orders are canceled.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#14 Prison Mike

Prison Mike

Don't Drop The Soap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

Reminiscence of the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Digital River= Fail

Worry not... You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America.

#15 pdjones

pdjones

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

I hope it's available through amazon or gamestop. I'd rather not have to order through NB's site.

#16 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

Gaming Guru

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Speaking of the Namco store, I had the Wizards edition of Ni No Kuni in my cart and it said it was in stock and ready to ship so I just placed an order for the heck of it. I wonder if I'll actually get one.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#17 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

Reminiscence of the Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition

Digital River= Fail

Worry not... You’ll be able to pre-order the Tales of Xillia collector’s edition from “participating retailers” in North America.

gamestop is a sure bet , since they actually carry these niche games.

#18 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Not sure how I feel about these extras... the figure (though it is probably a statue) looks nice but the selections CD and tiny artbook are kinda weak. The $100 pricetag isn't unusual but it's not the most tempting price either.

Still, if Amazon or GS has it, I'll be interested.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#19 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:14 PM

Based on the fact it mentions “participating retailers”, it sounds like it won't just be a Namco Store exclusive this time around (betting Amazon &/or GameStop at the least). Sounds like they heard the complaints from when Ni no Kuni's LE wasn't available anywhere else.

Gonna have to decide on this later. For $40 more, that's a rather nice figurine (I'm not one for buying those, but when they're pre-order or Limited/Collector's Edition bonuses, count me in), plus the 100-page artbook & CD (wonder how many tracks are on it) are nice additions as well. Really should get back to Tales of Vesperia someday, though. I'll give it some consideration, though I should probably beat Vesperia first (not to mention I wanna get Graces f).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:15 PM

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pick

Digital River

so I can get fucked over again

#21 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm sure Gamestop and Amazon will, I agree.

Play Canada is a sure bet for about 700.

Newegg 50/50.

I think BB and Walmart, etc are very iffy.

I'll be getting it when they start taking pre-orders. The CE isn't in their system yet. The standard is, but they don't even have a release date on their website yet, which is weird. Usually release dates get into their system right away. Like an hour after official announcement. It's been a day or so since the release date.

#22 gospelman

gospelman

Irreducibly Complex

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Was sold at "Tales of"

Anyway I hope gamestop gets this. Good way to unload credit. Will probably be the only game this year where I'm willing to drop full msrp at launch.

My Trade List Tomb Raider :360: download ($6)   :ps4: Infamous SS LE DLC ($4)

#23 KJAZZ

KJAZZ

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

21.5 cm (8.46 in.).

Isn't that the expensive PVC figure (that'll run you about $75), whereas this offer is for a lower quality smaller prize figure?

Pretty sure Namco mentioned wanting to bring the former over, I know other companies have done similar things.

#24 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:44 PM

Isn't that the expensive PVC figure (that'll run you about $75), whereas this offer is for a lower quality smaller prize figure?

Pretty sure Namco mentioned wanting to bring the former over, I know other companies have done similar things.

Good question. Most of the gaming sites are saying 21.5cm and the Bandai site has it at 21.5cm too. So, from the specs, it's the Alter figure, but the pics have it being the prize figure.

#25 Nionel

Nionel

Hopeless CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:45 PM

I'm sure Gamestop and Amazon will, I agree.

Play Canada is a sure bet for about 700.

Newegg 50/50.

If it's anything like the CE for Vesperia GameStop will only have it available online, that's how I had to order mine. Amazon will likely carry it too, I really can't remember what other retailers had the one for Veeperia, but I remember it being incredibly limited, so be sure to get your preorders in.

#26 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:53 PM

Oh man, I really want to support them bringing this over, and my Ni No Kuni preorder was 100% perfect, but I just have zero interest in the figure. Damn tempted for the artbook though...

Argh, so torn.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#27 diazt350

diazt350

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:57 PM

Well I guess europe is going to experience what happened to us with DR hopefully not.

I'm definitely interested in this hopefully amazon gets it :D
Posted Image
NNID:deathkwondo35
:3ds:-2964-8582-4635

#28 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

Very nice special edition, too bad the game isn't for me. Also oh my god if they go with Digital River again... oh man.

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Fuck Sega

#29 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:59 PM

I'd like the art book probably but im no into collector editions or JRPGs but i'l probably pick this game up if it drops. Maybe i'l get ni no kuni when this come out

#30 shadowneko003

shadowneko003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:09 PM

I'd already pre-ordered the regular one on Amazon when they first put it up. So I'm crossing my fingers for Amazon.

Tales of is one of the few series I'd buy on Day 1