#1 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:55 AM

http://www.gamestop....13/default.aspx

Injustice: Gods Among Us $59.99
Season Pass $14.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset $20.00 off with purchase of a new copy of Injustice.

Another lackluster week.

#2 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:13 AM

Best thing is the deal on Ragnorok Odyssey.

#3 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:15 AM

yawn...

#4 SunDevil77

SunDevil77

Host With the Most

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:20 AM

I really hope that isn't the real boxart for Arkham Origins

#5 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

that ragnorok odyssey deal is good. its lookin even better for me if the used price drops too. not to mention i wont get taxed, thanks op ! and to the people complaining about gamestop they arent that bad lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#6 handsomepete

handsomepete

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Best thing is the deal on Ragnorok Odyssey.

Something to keep in mind, updated version of Ragnarok coming.

http://www.joystiq.c...ey-coming-west/

MildObstruction.png

#7 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:40 AM

Like the heads up for the red chrome controller. Need to pick one of those up. (Or two if I really like it)

xivpads.png

#8 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:41 AM

there is ? is it like what capcom are doing with dragons dogma ?
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#9 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:45 AM

there is ? is it like what capcom are doing with dragons dogma ?

Pretty much. It's got everything the original game had plus more. I think the Japanese version gives you bonuses if you had save data from the original Ragnarok Odyssey (could be wrong), but I'm not sure if that's going to apply for us.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#10 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:54 AM

With the upcoming expansion/1.5 and all the bad reviews, Ragnorok Odyssey should be $20, max.

#11 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:11 AM

well the Arkham City GOTY art was pretty bad...so I wouldn't but it past them.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#12 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

now im thinking about waiting for ragnorok, thanks guys !
Currently playing

690739.png

#13 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:19 AM

now im thinking about waiting for ragnorok, thanks guys !

The core game is fun I think. I poured 20 hours into, however haven't completed it yet. (Lots of grinding opportunities for items.)

I am definitely going to pick up Ace when it becomes available. (Especially if it comes out with another collectors edition).

xivpads.png

#14 highoffcoffee496

highoffcoffee496

I gotta believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Wow I never heard about that. I never got into the game...can anyone recommend it? If so I guess I'll hold out for this updated version
(\__/)
(='.'=)
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Posted Image

#15 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?

#16 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 15 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

What is with EA constantly dropping all their games to $39.99 two weeks after release?

I imagine sales are not as good as they are expecting. However, I am sure retailers got the games on the cheap for their Bulk orders and allows them leeway for sales such as this.

xivpads.png

#17 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:30 PM

Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.

16Z462z.jpg

#18 gotdott

gotdott

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:35 PM

Underperforming sales. Although EA management will surely deny it, it's probably in large part due to fan reaction to their ultra shitty business decisions such as DRM and microtransactions.

I would have gotten Dead Space 3 at launch, but because of the microtransaction business model I still haven't considered picking it up. And don't even get started on Sim City.

It might have something to do with sales but I think this is just something they have adopted for the majority of their launches over the last 2-3 years. Even Battlefield 3 hit $40 shortly after despite a spectacular launch.

#19 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

Posted 15 April 2013 - 03:40 PM

Finally, Ragnorok Odyssey dropped in price. Too bad it's not $20 or I would have jumped on it.

#20 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.

#21 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

They had a similar placeholder for Arkham City when it was first announced, we should see the real cover within a few months when more details are released.

#22 Shadowzant

Shadowzant

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:01 PM

The only good thing I saw in this ad was the reminder that Soul Hackers comes out tomorrow...might have to pick it up.

#23 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 PM

EA is the new Ubisoft for MSRP drops on almost everything except their biggest hit titles, and even those drop pretty quickly at least for a short time.

Isn't AC Ubi's biggest hit? I think the problem here is that EA doesn't have an annualized 'biggest hit' except for maybe FIFA or Madden.

#24 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

The only good thing I saw in this ad was the reminder that Soul Hackers comes out tomorrow...might have to pick it up.

I've been so on the fence about soul hackers. With soul sacrifice and an ongoing monster hunter fixation, I'm probably gonna skip this one for now.

#25 Neku233

Neku233

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

Surprised the Ad doesn't mention Pandora's Tower oh well then

#26 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

Surprised the Ad doesn't mention Pandora's Tower oh well then

Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.
Posted Image

#27 Neku233

Neku233

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:18 PM

Not surprising, a JRPG released at this point on the Wii (which is for all intents and purposes a dead system) is the definition of a niche game. Main reason why I have mine preordered, because it's a safe bet that they aren't going to print very many copies of that one.

That is a good point I just paid mine off today

#28 DemonsMaster

DemonsMaster

Jrpg Addicts Anonymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:28 PM

That is a good point I just paid mine off today

Paid mine off today as well and they said they have no idea when they will get their copies in. Hopefully this week though.

We can learn as much, if not more, from bad games as we can from good ones.

That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

#29 midlifecrisisMkII

midlifecrisisMkII

Posted 15 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thanks Hydelloon (OP) for the link. Nothing for me. I've spent enough on the 50% Selected Used Games sale. My wallet needs a rest.

Edited by midlifecrisisMkII, 15 April 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#30 ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:39 AM

Dat red chrome 360 controller. Unf. Too bad it's $54.99, that's pretty expensive when I've already got four working controllers.