Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] Newegg.com Sale.. Borderlands 2 $19.99 Dead Island Riptide Preorder S39.99

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 gatordeve86

gatordeve86

CAG Master

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

Deals are dead now

Edited by gatordeve86, 18 April 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Gator%20Deve%2086.jpg

Currently Playing:

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

#2 matpaq

matpaq

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

The 1600 MS Points is a digital code. Is it possible for it to be out of stock?

#3 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

The 1600 MS Points is a digital code. Is it possible for it to be out of stock?

Yes. Generally digital codes are not generated outside of the publisher / vendor. But are instead sent in encrypted batches to the retailer upon request. So it's possible to run out of digital codes. The same thing happens to Steam codes, etc, every now and then.

#4 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

What are the pre-order bonuses for Dead Island: Riptide?

660090.png 660091.png

#5 Byakurai

Byakurai

CAG Busta

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

What are the pre-order bonuses for Dead Island: Riptide?

Steelbook case, character skins, digital map, probably some sort of weapons.
Posted Image

#6 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

No, I will not make out with you!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:12 PM

If you preorder Dead Island from Newegg, will you get the standard edition, or will you get the one with the steelbook case, character skins and etc?

#7 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

A friend of mine played Dead Island: Riptide at PAX East, one time, and managed to crash the game hard. I hope they fix the bugs before release!

#8 ck76

ck76

Winter is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:21 PM

Is there a Borderlands 2 version with all the DLC yet?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:32 PM

Is there a Borderlands 2 version with all the DLC yet?

Nope--that's the main reason some people aren't biting at $19.99 for the standard edition. Why not wait for the GotY edition which will have all the DLC included at a better value?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle; MGS3 HD  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED; Rogue Legacy
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/28]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Extreme] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#10 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:43 PM

The reason people aren't waiting is because there is still more DLC to come, they said there will be a second season actually...so it may be another year or so, maybe longer, for a complete edition to come out.

Also, thanks OP was able to pre-order Dead Island Riptide for $40 from Best Buy.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#11 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:45 PM

A friend of mine played Dead Island: Riptide at PAX East, one time, and managed to crash the game hard.

Like a Boss:rofl:

But still, that's disappointing. Anyone recommend Dead Island as a single player game?
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#12 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:46 PM

Newegg's boxart image for Dead Island Riptide (Xbox) shows the Special Edition, but nothing in the description indicates that it is. I'm torn, because my Amazon preorder is only $10 more and is definitely the Special Edition (and I'll get release day delivery).

#13 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Same here.... I really want the special edition with the steelbook case, but it IS $10 cheaper on newegg. :/ If it turns out newegg is giving the steelbook case too, I'll jump right on it.

But only the 360 version has the special edition picture... the PS3 version just has the standard edition pic.

#14 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 02:48 PM

Newegg's boxart image for Dead Island Riptide (Xbox) shows the Special Edition, but nothing in the description indicates that it is. I'm torn, because my Amazon preorder is only $10 more and is definitely the Special Edition (and I'll get release day delivery).

I ordered it from Best Buy, thanks to the GCU $20 bonus it essentially makes the game $20 for me, since I paid it off with $20 in rewards and $20 in gift card and I get the $20 in rewards back. But if you're not a GCU member then there is no major reason to do this. Plus Best Buy is giving the steelbook as well as you know it's the SE. Price matching it is YMMV due to it being a pre-order, but I had zero issues with it.

532919.pngsig.gif

Repetition in a game is NOT a bad thing, almost all games are repetitive. What matters is if YOU enjoy the game, then the repetition becomes enjoyable and doesn't feel monotonous or boring.
My Trade List

#15 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I ordered it from Best Buy, thanks to the GCU $20 bonus it essentially makes the game $20 for me, since I paid it off with $20 in rewards and $20 in gift card and I get the $20 in rewards back. But if you're not a GCU member then there is no major reason to do this. Plus Best Buy is giving the steelbook as well as you know it's the SE. Price matching it is YMMV due to it being a pre-order, but I had zero issues with it.

So you were able to PM this with Best Buy?

#16 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Just pricematched at Bestbuy.com over the phone. Getting the Special Edition + Steelbook + $20 Reward Cert for $40. The Cert is as good as money to me, so it's like I'm paying $20.

#17 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

Just was denied a price match over the phone. CS Rep claimed they would need to cancel my pre-order, and even then since the item is not immediately available (read: a preorder), the price wouldn't take. Will try again later. I just LOVE this new price match system.

#18 Link2999

Link2999

Demon Lord

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Just was denied a price match over the phone. CS Rep claimed they would need to cancel my pre-order and even then since it wasn't immediately available, the price wouldn't take. Will try again later. I just LOVE this new price match system.

My order total hasn't updated since getting my Pricematch, so maybe mine didn't take either. I do have a reference number that I'm holding on to just to be safe. The person I spoke to said that the difference would just be credited to my card, I'm assuming after they take the $50, they'll give me $10 back.

Edit: Was told that the price has successfully been modified, but will appear updated when the game is released. -Still going to hold onto that reference number though.

Edited by Link2999, 16 April 2013 - 04:08 PM.

#19 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 16 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

Ok, I was able to get the price match too, but it took quite a while. I thought she was going to give me grief because the Newegg site has a different picture than Best Buy does, but she eventually did it.

Edited by ubdu, 16 April 2013 - 05:11 PM.

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#20 Hodaka

Hodaka

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, I have a Wal-Mart, a K-Mart, and a Staples. Anything else is at least an hour drive. I'll probably just stick with my Amazon order...

#21 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll try a PM at BBY this Friday if the price holds.

#22 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for the tip, I'll try a PM at BBY this Friday if the price holds.

As far as I'm aware, the price is only good until tomorrow.

#23 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

i'm jumping on DI: R

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.

#24 DeilGyre

DeilGyre

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:43 PM

Pulled the trigger on the Dead Island Riptide preorder.
I like $40 new games.
Thanks, OP & CAG.

#25 Saix_XIII

Saix_XIII

Video Game Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just an FYI, Dead Island Riptide is a $50 game, not $60, so this is a $10 savings, in case anyone was unsure.

532919.pngsig.gif

My Trade List

#26 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

Pulled the trigger on the Dead Island Riptide preorder.
I like $40 new games.
Thanks, OP & CAG.

Damn. Well perhaps I'll swing by tomorrow. I just don't want to get it from NewEgg, I haven't had the best luck with them, as much as others seem to have had.

#27 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Can anyone speak to the speed of Neweggs release day shipping for me? I just don't want to order it and be waiting until friday or some junk to get my game. Thanks in advance cags.

#28 ThusSpokeZarathustra

ThusSpokeZarathustra

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:24 AM

Can anyone speak to the speed of Neweggs release day shipping for me? I just don't want to order it and be waiting until friday or some junk to get my game. Thanks in advance cags.

If you get the free shipping, you'll either get it on Wednesday or Thursday. I always got mine on Thursday.

#29 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:25 AM

Depends on where you live, NJ and CA being warehouse locations, in the past pre-orders shipped on Mondays for me. In NYC, I usually get it Tuesday or Wednesday.

#30 bulldozer86

bulldozer86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 12:45 AM

Thanks to both usagi and ThusSpokeZarathrustra for the info!