• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

IGN Article here!

It's supposed to take place in the same world as Link to the Past, but is not a remake. Looks like it's going to be good!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

Very excited for this!

#3 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I hope this is more like Link to the Past than it is Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks (*shudder*).

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Definitely agree with that. Phanton Hourglass was ok I guess--I did finish it. But I never did get through all of Spirit Tracks.

#5 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

I loved both WW-style games, but I don't mind any new Zelda.

#6 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

Awesome the oracle games coming to the 3DS VC.

#7 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:52 PM

Awesome the oracle games coming to the 3DS VC.

Sweet! I really wish they would loosen up their DRM policies. I love having these games on my 3DS for on-the-go gaming, but it's hard to make the purchase knowing the restrictions. Make them all 30 cents and I won't complain about buying multiple copies though . . .

#8 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

Very excited that Nintendo FINALLY listened and brought out an old school Zelda, albeit with new features, but I am excited!

#9 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 PM

Every time a new Zelda game comes out it reminds me of all the ones I never finished. Need more time in the day :)

Edit: I never could get into the Oracle games. Their fetch quests were a little annoying and convoluted.
I finished Twilight Princess and thought it was better than everyone made it sound.
Started Skyward Sword, only the very beginning.
Zelda II (the black sheep) is still probably my favorite Zelda.
Minish Cap was awesome.
It's hard to believe how awesome Link's Awakening was all the way through for a "handheld" game at the time. Still holds up.
I didn't finish LTTP until playing it on the Gameboy SP. Finally saw why everyone loved it so much!
I'm probably about 70% through Wind Waker but have yet to finish it.
I started Majora's Mask and really liked the darker tone, still need to go back and play through.
I didn't play Phantom Hourglass since it starts right where Wind Waker ends. I started Spirit Tracks but never went back to it.
Zelda (the original) still makes me nostalgic for gold cartridges and the moment the first time I saw the game in action thinking I need a NES!
Last but not least, never finished Ocarina! Had a N64 for a little while, started it. Moved on to gamecube had it on there and got up to the water temple which I never actually played any of it. Have it now on 3DS....played up to the 2nd dungeon maybe...I think it's time to revisit and finish :)

Edited by jkam, 18 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.

#10 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Nintendo held an event, and there was a demo there. Nintendomination uploaded probably the best quality off-screen footage of the demo so far:

#11 Waughoo

Waughoo

OBEY THE TACO MAN!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:04 AM

Yeah, this is looking like a day-one purchase.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

Looks good!

#13 willardhaven

willardhaven

Thief of Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

If Aonuma is staying out of this it might just be good.
Posted Image

#14 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

This makes me very very nervous.

They had 20 years to make something new!! I know that map inside and out already.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#15 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Meh, I'm sure the game will be expanded and fleshed-out.

#16 moothemagiccow

moothemagiccow

Tall buildings shake

• Silenced

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:46 AM

It's gonna suck because the game will only consist of that area west of death mountain. Hope you like that fortune teller.

#17 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:52 AM

I'm still excited for it, I'm sure I'll pick up both this and the oracle games on day 1, love me some Zelda.
Posted Image

#18 spmahn

spmahn

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:22 AM

Am I the only one who thinks the SNES graphics from 20 years ago are better than the graphics on the 3DS version now?

#19 theflicker

theflicker

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:15 PM

Am I the only one who thinks the SNES graphics from 20 years ago are better than the graphics on the 3DS version now?

I agree. I'm hoping that it being a WIP means they'll clean up the models some more. As it is, it looks like a DS title as opposed to a 3DS title.

#20 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

I don't know about better but the sprites certainly are timeless. It is still going to look good 20 years from now and we know the new one will look dated at that point. I'm excited for a fresh coat of paint though in a 2.5D style.

#21 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

I'll admit that video was a bit disheartening. Hopefully it doesn't mean much for the final product. I wish they would have went with a more wind waker-ish game for the 3DS. Not in the vain of the DS titles either, something in 3D more like the original Wind Waker but a little more difficult.

#22 nixmahn

nixmahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

I hope everything looks likes claymation in 3D :)

#23 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Probably will buy a 3DS for this. Could not stand Phantom Hourglass (Ugh forced stylus controls ruined it for me), so I'm glad that I'll be able to use the control pad.

#24 eliter1

eliter1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Probably will buy a 3DS for this. Could not stand Phantom Hourglass (Ugh forced stylus controls ruined it for me), so I'm glad that I'll be able to use the control pad.

Agree, I played Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass and I couldn't finish them because my hand hurt when I used the stylus for a long period of time.
Posted Image

#25 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

I had to start each of them a couple of times because of the same reasons. Phantom Hourglass was OK but Spirit Tracks just wasn't much fun because of the train.

#26 moopher

moopher

Electric Pizza

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

I wasn't so hot on the idea of stylus-based controls. They weren't that bad, and got a lot better as the game became more rich and open (as with all Zelda games) as you went along. Both worth a playthrough, but not the best Zelda games either. That being said, can't wait for this game to come out as A Link to the Past is my favorite!

#27 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:09 PM

Aonuma: Link to the Past sequel will play different to the original, more unexpected elements in Zelda Wii U

June 6th, 2013 Posted in General Nintendo, News, Posted by Brian | No Comments »

The new Zelda: A Link to the Past game on 3DS and Zelda Wii U title will both introduce brand new elements.

When it comes to the Link to the Past sequel, Aonuma said that it “will play very differently to the original.” The development team is adding in “new additions” that “will make players see the game in a different way.”

Aonuma also spoke very briefly about Nintendo’s original Zelda Wii U game, which will “introduce even more unexpected elements”.

Aonuma told EDGE this month:

“The new game (A Link To The Past 2) will play very differently to the original. I think the new additions will make players see the game in a different way. And, of course, we’ll introduce even more unexpected elements in the Zelda game that we’re making for Wii U.”

Link to the Past 3DS sequel has “big surprise that will shock players”, returning characters

June 6th, 2013 Posted in 3DS, News, Posted by Brian | No Comments »

More snippets from EDGE’s Eiji Aonuma have emerged. The latest talk specifically covers Nintendo’s 3DS follow-up to The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Speaking with EDGE, Aonuma teased “a big surprise that will shock players” right at the beginning, and confirmed the return of characters from the original game:

“This new title will feature lots of things that are new to the series; right at the start of the game, there’s a big surprise that will shock players. We started out with the new play mechanics, such as Link being able to become a painting and walk along the walls, and then figured out from there how to build a story around them. Rather than forcing elements of the original story into this one, we’ve instead focused on bringing back the characters, so you can see what happened to them after the events of the first game.”

Aonuma also spoke briefly about the inclusion of the Dark World:

“Part of what made A Link To The Past interesting was the way you could move between the Light World and the Dark World and solve puzzles, and we’re planning to bring that back in A Link To The Past 2 for sure. Link’s ability to become a painting will be related to that.”

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#28 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:44 PM

I wonder if the female thief from the manga will appear.

Also, as long as Zelda WiiU allows the use of a controller, I will like it.

#29 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:45 PM

Do you mean a pro controller? Because I'm sure it will use the gamepad.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#30 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

The name is confirmed to be The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds