Photo
- - - - -

$20 off God of War: Ascension (Regular or Collector's), GameStop PUR only. EXP: 4/24

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:42 PM

Members Exclusive offer: Purchase God of War: Ascension Regular Edition or Collector's Edition for $20 off!

CE version is sold out online, you need to find one in-store.

#2 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:59 PM

Cool, I'll try to pick up a CE then! Thanks, htz! :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/21]: :ps3: Just Cause 2 (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#3 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

ugh another discounted collectors edition ! im tempted again lmao
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:08 PM

Can we get the discount buy just providing out PUR card number or does this require a coupon?

#5 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:40 PM

Can we get the discount buy just providing out PUR card number or does this require a coupon?

The way the website states the promo, it seems to be automatic once your PUR cards is scanned in store or when you put it in online. There is no coupon.

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:41 PM

CAGs, what's the opinion on the CE? Did it show any sign of rarity?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:47 PM

limited gamestops around me have it in stock so it might be more rare than i thought
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#8 I OU a Beatn

I OU a Beatn

GO GATORS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:53 PM

Not rare at all. All 3 of my local Gamestops have 2 or 3 in stock. They're even still in stock on Amazon.

Still, for $60 it's not bad. The statue is pretty flimsy but it's got decent detail. The steelbook is nice if you like those, and then you get a future pass for all future DLC, which will probably be all online stuff. It's not a bad package, just don't expect amazing quality.

630736.png

#9 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:56 PM

limited gamestops around me have it in stock so it might be more rare than i thought

Not rare at all. All 3 of my local Gamestops have 2 or 3 in stock. They're even still in stock on Amazon.

Still, for $60 it's not bad. The statue is pretty flimsy but it's got decent detail. The steelbook is nice if you like those, and then you get a future pass for all future DLC, which will probably be all online stuff. It's not a bad package, just don't expect amazing quality.

Thanks for the input. Well for me, it's not a matter of the things you get for $60, but the possibility of it getting cheaper in the future (based on the current observations of the state). Well I still have time to decide.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#10 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:54 PM

i got a god of war ce. im surprised how limited copies are in my area
Currently playing

690739.png

#11 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

Tempting, but I still need to complete the Saga first. Pass for now.

660090.png 660091.png

#12 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

I would say on the scale of Sony CE's with GT5 being rare and UC3 / KZ3 being mass produced this would be a LBP2 CE.

I have seen two at my local Best Buy and then 1 or 2 between my three local Gamestops. I don't believe my Target, Walmart or Toys R Us got any.

I would say this will probably hit a lower price (online) but when it does you'll have to scoop it up immediately as the resale value will most likely always be higher then the sale/clearance price.

#13 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

yes it's extremely rare, that's why they are selling it for $20 off hurry up and load up...

#14 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm tempted to buy the CE and trade in the game for $28, paying ~$32 for the bonuses, but I don't know if that's a good value for me considering I've only beaten the first GoW and have the other four games in my backlog. :(

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

yes it's extremely rare, that's why they are selling it for $20 off hurry up and load up...

-_-

EDIT: That is why I said signs of rarity. And your logic does not stand. Skyrim CE was cleared out for $60, and look at their prices now. As much as I want these CEs to keep dipping, that does not always happen, hence my call for opinions from savvy CAGs that kept a watch on this item because I didn't.

Edited by TooPoor, 18 April 2013 - 10:28 PM.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:32 PM

-_-

EDIT: That is why I said signs of rarity. And your logic does not stand. Skyrim CE was cleared out for $60, and look at their prices now. As much as I want these CEs to keep dipping, that does not always happen, hence my call for opinions from savvy CAGs that kept a watch on this item because I didn't.

Newegg offered the best clearance price at $50 at one point. Seems like a bargain now.

#17 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:33 PM

-_-

Granted, not as many people liked GoW: Ascension compared to Skyrim, so the CE might last longer, but what do I know? :roll:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#18 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:35 PM

i will take my chances with amazon warehouse, at the price of sub $30s. If it ever drops that low

#19 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:36 PM

im trying to sell the insides except the statue for around 60$ and turn that money into a gamestop gift card so i can replace the credit i spent on this ce. if im not able to ill prob return it
Currently playing

690739.png

#20 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

what does low stock mean you use gamestop stock locator? no stock at all?

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Granted, not as many people liked GoW: Ascension compared to Skyrim, so the CE might last longer, but what do I know? :roll:

I know, all I am trying to do is to disapprove his logic on "it was discounted, hence will not be 'rare'".

Plus, "rare" has different levels on CAG. Being discounted $20 will probably indicate a near zero chance of it being extra valuable for flipping, but does not necessarily amount to the impossibility of this being close to the lowest it will go.

Mathematically Correct.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#22 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:43 PM

it means what it says, item low in stock lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#23 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:45 PM

Typically it means they have one copy left, but don't quote me on that. :-#

Cloud_Squall78.png

#24 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Typically it means they have one copy left, but don't quote me on that. :-#

the gamestop i checked online said low in stock and they did acually have exactly 1 left lol
Currently playing

690739.png

#25 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

the gamestop i checked online said low in stock and they did acually have exactly 1 left lol

Didn't I just say not to quote me on that?! :lol: :booty:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#26 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Sorry for the double-post, but I figured updating this would be helpful to those who might have missed it. I picked up a sealed CE today and I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it. :)

Cloud_Squall78.png

#27 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:41 AM

Im pretty sure low in stock means just one left as well.

Edit: Do the CEs of Ascension also have the PS AllStars Voucher for Isaac and Zeus? Because if they do technically I can look at it as $50 since I want to buy them anyways for $10 on PSN. SO TEMPTED.

512847.png

#28 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

Is the CE not supposed to weigh very much? It feels lighter than I was expecting, like 5 lb. or something (just an estimate). :|

Cloud_Squall78.png

#29 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:06 AM

i have a month to sell everything except the statue for 60$. if i cant sell the other stuff then ill just return my ce. this shouldnt be too hard to sell
Currently playing

690739.png

#30 Qrusher14242

Qrusher14242

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 02:10 AM

when i went in today, they mentioned this and they said it was only for today. Were they wrong?