Futurama Not Renewed For 8th Season

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:00 PM

It was announced that Comedy Central wouldn't be renewing Futurama after this summer's half-season. Officially the saddest day for TV ever. I personally think that Futurama is the funniest show ever on TV. The slapstick humor along with the intelligent nerd humor made for a show that was non-stop laughs. I'll miss it so. :cry: :cry:

#2 kdyzol

kdyzol

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

This is terrible. Does anyone know what garbage they'll be replacing this masterpiece with?

#3 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:31 PM

Tosh.1?

I am sad by this news, but I really can't imagine the show continuing forever. And isn't every season finale always an end by now?

Batsugunner.png

#4 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:44 PM

I am not too broke up with this. I loved the show when it was originally on, and still love watching those reruns. Ever since Comedy Central brought it back it hasnt lived up to what it once was. All of those movies they had were awful and the new season had a few high spots but for the most part was about as funny as the Simpsons.

I'm John F*cking Zoidberg!!! is the main bit of humor from the newest season:)

#5 Calipso

Calipso

Der Metzgermeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Disappointing. Comedy Central had such a hard on to bring this to their network and keep it around. Now they are casting away like a used condom.
Currently playing:
:pc: - Red Orchestra 2
:pc: - Killing Floor
:pc: - SimCity 4
:360: - Uno
:360: - Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

#6 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

I am not too broke up with this. I loved the show when it was originally on, and still love watching those reruns. Ever since Comedy Central brought it back it hasnt lived up to what it once was. All of those movies they had were awful and the new season had a few high spots but for the most part was about as funny as the Simpsons.

I'm John F*cking Zoidberg!!! is the main bit of humor from the newest season:)

I felt as if the earlier seasons were better, but the newer ones were still awesome. Definitely no complaints from me since they brought it back.

As for the show running forever, I was kind of hoping it would pull a Simpson-esque run. I'd at least like a few more seasons after all the work CC did to get it back.

#7 io

io

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

I felt as if the earlier seasons were better, but the newer ones were still awesome. Definitely no complaints from me since they brought it back.

As for the show running forever, I was kind of hoping it would pull a Simpson-esque run. I'd at least like a few more seasons after all the work CC did to get it back.

Yeah, same here. I'm pretty disappointed. I mean, look how long that PoS South Park has run! Didn't that run its course by like 2000? And here it is still on 13 years later. I actually stopped watching Comedy Central years ago because every time I put it on, that show was on. I've only caught on to the new Futurama through Netflix.

#8 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:31 PM

This is terrible. Does anyone know what garbage they'll be replacing this masterpiece with?

They're bringing back That's My Bush.

#9 io

io

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

They're bringing back That's My Bush.

#-o I remember that show.

#10 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

What about Strip Mall?

Batsugunner.png

#11 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

They came back after 5 years being cancelled and gave us more episodes. Still sucks that this time it may be really over, for one, think I can live with this run.

Edited by ced, 22 April 2013 - 10:06 PM.

#12 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'm ok with it. I watched it, along with Family Guy, back when they first premiered. Both of them were brought back after reruns on Adult Swim. Neither series lived up to its former glory. While it sucks, there have been very few memorable new episodes.

#13 Predator Ranger

Predator Ranger

Admiral Awesome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:01 PM

"Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee."
Posted Image

#14 io

io

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:15 PM

Bad Astronomer's take on it:

http://www.slate.com...s_everyone.html

Wasn't the future-only time machine episode one of the newer ones? I mean it must be, because I don't think I've seen it and I've seen the original 4 seasons episodes many, many times.

#15 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Bad Astronomer's take on it:

http://www.slate.com...s_everyone.html

Wasn't the future-only time machine episode one of the newer ones? I mean it must be, because I don't think I've seen it and I've seen the original 4 seasons episodes many, many times.

Yeah, that was one of the first episodes that aired right after they brought it back.

#16 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

Read this earlier. Blows my mind that Seth Mcfarlene has no fewer than 3 shows currently on the air, but we can't keep Futurama on air. Wtf humans? W.T.F?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#17 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Read this earlier. Blows my mind that Seth Mcfarlene has no fewer than 3 shows currently on the air, but we can't keep Futurama on air. Wtf humans? W.T.F?

Granted, no one like The Cleveland show, and is rumored to be canceled.

#18 burritoman

burritoman

Bounty Hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 12:32 AM

The worst part is, his shows are more worn out the a 33 year old Vegas hooker.

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#19 io

io

Posted 23 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

I agree. And I actually like most of his stuff (minus Cleveland Show of course). Family Guy kind of grew on me and even American Dad (both of which I only ever watch because they are on Adult Swim and that is pretty much the only regular TV I watch). But I'd take a shortened summer season of Futurama over all 3 of those shows any year.

But McFarlane does just knock me over (as in laughing out loud) on occasion with some of his 80's references and whatnot. I think I'm a little older than him, but he obviously watched the same stuff I did. 20-somethings I could see not liking his stuff much at all.

Like this one:

The video is crappy but it is the audio that matters ;). You had to live though the time when that song was a big hit and played constantly, I think, to appreciate it. But I bust out laughing every time I see this one.

Another short one is when he refers to Valerie Bert-and-Ernie. A simple joke, but it busts me up too.

Edited by io, 23 April 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#20 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

But McFarlane does just knock me over (as in laughing out loud) on occasion with some of his 80's references and whatnot. I think I'm a little older than him, but he obviously watched the same stuff I did. 20-somethings I could see not liking his stuff much at all.

Lol that reminds me of one of his panels at SDCC last year. He was talking about shows he watched, and mentioned Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors, and the auditorium was silent. I was quietly going, "woo!"

#21 sendme

sendme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well this sucks. I really liked the show. I hope they show the reruns still.
Posted Image

#22 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:24 PM

Sad to hear this.

I haven't had cable since the series came back on the air, but, I've been supporting with the Blu-Ray purchases.

Sure would be amazing to see another company pick it up.

#23 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

Fine with it I would rather the show go out on a solid note then limp on like the Simpsons does.

#24 Magiblaze

Magiblaze

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is similar to my feelings, and Family Guy is the only decent show out of his bunch.

Not that I saw this coming but I sort of expected it in a way eventually.Futurama just didn't feel like it fit in with the Comedy Central line up and overall I'm just glad they kept the show going for as long as they did and giving it another chance.

#25 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

No, I never thought it fit with CC either. Not enough fart jokes.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#26 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

I haven't watched anything Futurama past the terrible 1st movie and boring intro to the 2nd movie. The original run is still fantastic, though.

As for Family Guy, I gave the first season a few episodes before dropping it. Didn't really make me laugh.

#27 io

io

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:12 PM

I haven't watched anything Futurama past the terrible 1st movie and boring intro to the 2nd movie. The original run is still fantastic, though.

The "movies" are definitely the low point of Futurama. But the newer episodes are better. There aren't any classics like Jurassic Bark or any number of other Season 1-4 episodes, but they are for the most part middle-of-the-pack-worthy, which is not bad for an overall excellent series.

#28 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

As for Family Guy, I gave the first season a few episodes before dropping it. Didn't really make me laugh.

The animation and voices from the first few seasons of Family Guy have not aged well.

#29 Access_Denied

Access_Denied

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:07 AM

Groening has expressed interest in doing more Futurama, so I think it's got a pretty good chance. It might not come back in the form we know it now, but I imagine that we'll see some more a few years down the road. Maybe that'll give Groening and Cohen a little time to recharge their batteries and come back with some grade A material.

Also, more of our (my) favorite character. :)

#30 wwe101

wwe101

waiting for hitman 5

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Futurama is my favorite cartoon ever so this hurts :cry:. How the hell is this getting cancelled again? The show has been good and is extremely popular. This is bullshit.
Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Mark Twain

http://t2.gstatic.co...8ymsP7Xj6V0L8o=